Italy wants to fine citizens for not speaking in Italian.

Resnic

Diamond Member
May 2, 2021

Honestly I really wish we could do this in America where if you're an American citizen you have to speak English. I truly and honestly would support this 100%. America was founded by English speakers and bits the dominant language, if you want to live here you should have to be able to speak it and write it fluently.

That's a problem with our society. We have so many people from so many foriegn nations with so many different languages, cultures and sub cultures and groups and sub groups and beliefs and religions. But none of them want to conform to America, they want America to conform to them.

That's why partially Switzerland has such a content and successful society. You can't become a citizen unless you fluently speak the language. They all understand each other and have a sense of familiarity and commonality.

We need to standardized our language also.

I truly and honestly would support this 100%. America was founded by English speakers
Putting aside those pesky native Americans, it was founded by Norse, Spanish, and then Portuguese. Steenking English are late to the party with the French and Dutch hot on their heels.

New York was Dutch. Florida was Spanish. Everything West of Tennessee was Spanish, French, British, or Russian. German was the second most popular language in the current USA for a century.

Also the Swiss have FOUR languages.

Putting aside those pesky native Americans, it was founded by Norse, Spanish, and then Portuguese. Steenking English are late to the party with the French and Dutch hot on their heels.

New York was Dutch. Florida was Spanish. Everything West of Tennessee was Spanish, French, British, or Russian. German was the second most popular language in the current USA for a century.

Also the Swiss have FOUR languages.
And ultimately english won out for the sake of order and progress.
Anyone who rationalizes more cultural fracturing is an enemy of the country.

That's a problem with our society. We have so many people from so many foriegn nations with so many different languages, cultures and sub cultures and groups and sub groups and beliefs and religions. ....

That has never been a problem with our society.

You know anyone who says "we should copy Europe!" is on the wrong fucking track.

And not to forget: The idea to use only one language is specially also an US-American nonsense idea. "You" fought with all of your might against everyone in the USA who did not like to speak English.

Honestly I really wish we could do this in America where if you're an American citizen you have to speak English. I truly and honestly would support this 100%. America was founded by English speakers and bits the dominant language, if you want to live here you should have to be able to speak it and write it fluently.

That's a problem with our society. We have so many people from so many foriegn nations with so many different languages, cultures and sub cultures and groups and sub groups and beliefs and religions. But none of them want to conform to America, they want America to conform to them.

That's why partially Switzerland has such a content and successful society. You can't become a citizen unless you fluently speak the language. They all understand each other and have a sense of familiarity and commonality.

We need to standardized our language also.

Idiots

Forum List

Back