Italian neo nazis ban foreign food recipes from tv shows

Tommy Tainant

Diamond Member
Jan 20, 2016
Y Cae Ras
Top Italian chef quits state TV show 'after being told to drop foreign recipes'

A food journalist and chef who provided recipes for the Italian version of Ready Steady Cook has quit the show, claiming the public broadcaster, Rai, had told him to drop foreign recipes.

Vittorio Castellani, also known as Chef Kumalé, says Rai told him in a telephone call last week that his role had been temporarily put on hold because producers of the programme, hosted by Elena Isoardi, the girlfriend of Italy’s far-right deputy prime minister, Matteo Salvini, wanted to give more space to “multi-regional” Italian rather than “multicultural” food.

Castellani had worked on two episodes of the show, called La Prova del Cuoco, or The Chef’s Test, since the new season began on Rai 1 in September, developing recipes for dishes including Mexican tortilla and Keralan curry.

“They told me my episode was being suspended, to be reinstated later, because viewers don’t like foreign food recipes,” Castellani said.

The pettiness of these clowns knows know bounds.

New York City also has Nazi chefs.

soupnazi no-soup-for-you.jpg

Who cares???????
It's not like Britain where ANYTHING food wise being bought in is an improvement.
A Pole sneering at any countries cuisine is an heroic act.

Hey, don't sneer at the Poles; any people that are inventive enough to find multiple ways of cooking cabbage, deserve respect!
:puke:

In any event most Polish cuisine was imported from either Turkey or Germany.

A food journalist and chef who provided recipes for the Italian version of Ready Steady Cook has quit the show, claiming the public broadcaster, Rai, had told him to drop foreign recipes.

Vittorio Castellani, also known as Chef Kumalé, says Rai told him in a telephone call last week that his role had been temporarily put on hold because producers of the programme, hosted by Elena Isoardi, the girlfriend of Italy’s far-right deputy prime minister, Matteo Salvini, wanted to give more space to “multi-regional” Italian rather than “multicultural” food.

Castellani had worked on two episodes of the show, called La Prova del Cuoco, or The Chef’s Test, since the new season began on Rai 1 in September, developing recipes for dishes including Mexican tortilla and Keralan curry.

“They told me my episode was being suspended, to be reinstated later, because viewers don’t like foreign food recipes,” Castellani said.

Italian regional cuisine is usually delicious, fortunately most Italians know recepies from other Italian regions and in any event most prefer to eat out; it'll just make the program less interesting for those Italians who want to try something new.

I'm missing the part where the producers are Nazis?

Forum List

Back