It is NOT too late!

Care4all

Warrior Princess
Mar 24, 2007
Maine
PLEASEEEEEEE

I am begging all of you to send a note to your Senators, both of them, requesting that they FILIBUSTER this bailout bill, so that 60 VOTES are needed to pass it!

Even if you are for it...

IF THERE EVER WAS A TIME TO SLOW a bill down, so that calmer minds can prevail, IT IS NOW, for this BAILOUT BILL of $700 billion!!!

There SHOULD BE 60 votes needed to pass something so humongous, soooo colossal, that will affect the very future of SS, healthcare, war capabilities, the military, a transfering of our wealth, the every day joe's wealth, to the financial corporations and banks that facilitated if not planned, the breakdown we are supposedly in....!!!

Who really benefits from all of this?

What is really accomplished by doing this?

Follow the money....

it aint us....

care

PLEASEEEEEEE

I am begging all of you to send a note to your Senators, both of them, requesting that they FILIBUSTER this bailout bill, so that 60 VOTES are needed to pass it!

Even if you are for it...

IF THERE EVER WAS A TIME TO SLOW a bill down, so that calmer minds can prevail, IT IS NOW, for this BAILOUT BILL of $700 billion!!!

There SHOULD BE 60 votes needed to pass something so humongous, soooo colossal, that will affect the very future of SS, healthcare, war capabilities, the military, a transfering of our wealth, the every day joe's wealth, to the financial corporations and banks that facilitated if not planned, the breakdown we are supposedly in....!!!

Who really benefits from all of this?

What is really accomplished by doing this?

Follow the money....

it aint us....

care

Relax. They aren't giving them all $700 billion up front. That'll buy us time to put Obama in the White House so he can stop this mess. If you vote for McCain, you may as well write them a blank check.

Votes 228 to 205, It seems there are some really pissed off leadership in congress at the moment. 95 Democrats and 133 Republicans Voted Nay.

Speaking of that::: I just watched a News conference with several congressmen at a mic all upset.

Opponents said part of the reason for the opposition from Republicans was what they termed a partisan speech by House Speaker Nancy Pelosi, said one GOP source.

"Pelosi's partisan speech has caused our members to go berserk and may cost us any remaining chance to pass the bill," the source said.

Pelosi had said that Congress needed to pass the bill, even though it was an outgrowth of the "failed economic policies" of the last eight years.

"When was the last time someone asked you for $700 billion?" she asked. "It is a number that is staggering, but tells us only the costs of the Bush administration's failed economic policies — policies built on budgetary recklessness, on an anything goes mentality, with no regulation, no supervision, and no discipline in the system."

Speaking of that::: I just watched a News conference with several congressmen at a mic all upset.

Opponents said part of the reason for the opposition from Republicans was what they termed a partisan speech by House Speaker Nancy Pelosi, said one GOP source.

"Pelosi's partisan speech has caused our members to go berserk and may cost us any remaining chance to pass the bill," the source said.

Pelosi had said that Congress needed to pass the bill, even though it was an outgrowth of the "failed economic policies" of the last eight years.

"When was the last time someone asked you for $700 billion?" she asked. "It is a number that is staggering, but tells us only the costs of the Bush administration's failed economic policies — policies built on budgetary recklessness, on an anything goes mentality, with no regulation, no supervision, and no discipline in the system."

When Pelosi get's back to California I will kick her butt for all of you! lol :lol:

IMO .... I think Pelosi and Palin both are suffering from terminal PMS! :eusa_eh:

honestly, i don't think this is any kind of excuse, and repubs appear to be BABIES if they are using that as an excuse...just think about it....what a foolish statemnt for the repubs...

they should have just said that they didn't agree with it and why...

Forum List

Back