Israelis

a loss for words

VIP Member
Oct 20, 2017
upper left corner of the republic
The busses cost $1.45 (5.9 shekels) and the driver give change .

Why the government insists on the buses give change for such an odd number...

Most things cost even number of shekels. A shackle is 38 cents

Automobile horns go all the time . Lots of imprecations all the time. However ... I an old man crossing on a busy road street after the light change goes across with silence ..

Insane traffic rules ... Lots of insanity in the traffic rules.

Motorcycle squeeze in any old how. The cops ignore them

Gas cost 6.50 a gallon . Or 6.79 shekels a liter. It is expensive.

Trains are cheap . $8.25 to Haifa (27.50) $9.30 (31.70) to Akko

Speed limits are low .. most road are 45. There is one road where the limits is 90km. Or 55 for us civilised folks

For Jewish neighborhoods business start to close down around 3:30 in February on Friday . Here in Tel Aviv the rule isn't as prevalent as in Jerusalem. It stlll is most of the people

If you claim 5,9 you must give change because there is no 0,9 coin. It´s everywhere, out patrol stations come up with tenths of Cents to make prices look lower. Make normal, civilized prices.

There is s ..1 and .5 coin a sheckle iOS made up of 100 agorot. There are no coins for 1 or 5 agorot.

You can make ..9 with 1 .59 agorot and 4 10 agorot coins.

Gas prices are are set with the price with 9 agorot. Sneaky Devil's.

Why is it so weird?
Most things cost even number of shekels.
Not really. Have you been in a supermarket?
A shackle is 38 cents
Actually about 30 cents.
Speed limits are low .. most road are 45. There is one road where the limits is 90km. Or 55 for us civilised folks
50 km/h on urban roads;
80 km/h on non-urban roads;
90 km/h on non-urban roads with a built-up dividing area;
100 km/h on Route 1, the highway between Tel Aviv and Jerusalem;[2]
110 km/h on a small number of high-speed roads; and
120 km/h on Highway 6, the North-South toll road.

There is s ..1 and .5 coin a sheckle iOS made up of 100 agorot. There are no coins for 1 or 5 agorot.

Gasoline prices in Israel are controlled by the state and they are calculated using dollar-shekel exchange rate. Any number can be at the end.

I do not really understand your calculation, another reason for the driver to return that coin.

Most sidewalks are put together by bricks or stone paving.. There are no standard. Sometimes there are wide sidewalks, which merchant seem to be free to put displays or table, and sometimes there are none

Parking regulations are by different colors of paint. It strikes as busy work . Especially as they are ignored

Israelis smoke like a coke plant. It makes you wonder how they got such high longevity numbers

Tel Aviv especially, but it is a problem all over, have a reality severe graffiti problem. . On the other hand, there is some really super terrific street art.

The number and good busses they do of the lottery puts paid to the concept of the Jews as an intelligent master race. Srsly.

One can tell the arsbs and Israelis apart by the clothes they wear. Naked, they are like two peas . They both have an extraordinary range of colors. The Russians and the Ethiopians excepted.

Hebrew, like all Semitic languages sounds very harsh to me. People on the train speaking what must be romantic conversation by their acts sound like they are disgusted with one another . It is weird.

One way you can tell the Arabs and the Israel apart I is by the general kindness of the Israeli and the reverse on the Arabs or to say that all Israel are saints, because they are not. Or than all Arabs are statists, because they are not. But in the general behavior to award each other, pets, tourists the Israeli come out on top. Being aut5an Arab merchant as exhostig experience

Israelis smoke like a coke plant. It makes you wonder how they got such high longevity numbers

Tel Aviv especially, but it is a problem all over, have a reality severe graffiti problem. . On the other hand, there is some really super terrific street art.

The number and good busses they do of the lottery puts paid to the concept of the Jews as an intelligent master race. Srsly.

One can tell the arsbs and Israelis apart by the clothes they wear. Naked, they are like two peas . They both have an extraordinary range of colors. The Russians and the Ethiopians excepted.

Hebrew, like all Semitic languages sounds very harsh to me. People on the train speaking what must be romantic conversation by their acts sound like they are disgusted with one another . It is weird.

One way you can tell the Arabs and the Israel apart I is by the general kindness of the Israeli and the reverse on the Arabs or to say that all Israel are saints, because they are not. Or than all Arabs are statists, because they are not. But in the general behavior to award each other, pets, tourists the Israeli come out on top. Being aut5an Arab merchant as exhostig experience
Deciphering what your post is "as exhostig experience"

No one is forcing you to read any posts.

You are just not GLUTTERAL ENOUGH Fanger,I too was starting to wonder but L4Words exposae is interesting and much of it accurate..steve

Most things cost even number of shekels. A shackle is 38 cents

Automobile horns go all the time . Lots of imprecations all the time. However ... I an old man crossing on a busy road street after the light change goes across with silence ..

Insane traffic rules ... Lots of insanity in the traffic rules.

Motorcycle squeeze in any old how. The cops ignore them

Gas cost 6.50 a gallon . Or 6.79 shekels a liter. It is expensive.

Trains are cheap . $8.25 to Haifa (27.50) $9.30 (31.70) to Akko

For Jewish neighborhoods business start to close down around 3:30 in February on Friday . Here in Tel Aviv the rule isn't as prevalent as in Jerusalem. It stlll is most of the people
Seriously dude. Sounds like you haven't been around a lot. people in Spain, Italy, Grecce Eastern Europe and especially the ME drive like lunatics too. Besides, you traveled half way around the world to get to Israel and your best observation is "the buses charge in odd numbers and supermarkets in even"?

I also found the traffic to be insane in Israel. Then again, I take the train to get to work at home, so I'm not familair with driving (luckily). As far as prices and change, change is also given, so no big deal. I like how you describe the people. Sounds like the way I saw it too. Such a mix, all doing their thing. Only in Israel.

Traffic in the cities in Israel is crazy. But out on the highways it is just like anywhere I have driven in the states.

I also noticed that in general I was treated better by Jews than Arabs.

Forum List

Back