Israelis Baffled by News of Defenseless US Soldiers

While I was at Ft Bragg, I dont know how many shooting and accidental self infected wound by it was a every weekend thing by drunk soldiers and their personal weapons.

Weapons arent banned on base. They are loads of them in the armoury. And this is nothing new. Weapons have been kept under lock and key on every military base for years. I was in before Clinton, Reagan era, and we were not allowed to have weapons in our cars nor the barracks.

These two statements from you contradict each other. Either people were getting accidentally shot "every" weekend or nobody had a gun on base because they were all locked up. Which is it?

Not all soldiers live on the post. And most soldiers would check their weapons out for the weekends to take to parties, firing ranges or the woods off post. I know I did.

So, it makes more sense to you to ban the guns than to ban drinking on base and among those entering base?

Are there statistics of mass shootings prior to the Clinton-disarmament?

Or does feeling equal knowing?

Weapons arent banned on base. They are loads of them in the armoury. And this is nothing new. Weapons have been kept under lock and key on every military base for years. I was in before Clinton, Reagan era, and we were not allowed to have weapons in our cars nor the barracks. You had to lock it up it if it was kept on post. When you wanted it, you went down to the armoury and checked it out. Then you better may a bee line to the firing range or off post.

As for drinking. If you old enough to fight and die in a war, you old enough to drink in my book.

I had guns in my on post Quarters at Ft Bragg. Of course that was pre-Clinton.

Did you live in the barracks? If you were in the 82nd and lived in the barracks then you had better checked them into the armoury.

Weapons arent banned on base. They are loads of them in the armoury. And this is nothing new. Weapons have been kept under lock and key on every military base for years. I was in before Clinton, Reagan era, and we were not allowed to have weapons in our cars nor the barracks. You had to lock it up it if it was kept on post. When you wanted it, you went down to the armoury and checked it out. Then you better may a bee line to the firing range or off post.

As for drinking. If you old enough to fight and die in a war, you old enough to drink in my book.

Did you live in the barracks? If you were in the 82nd and lived in the barracks then you had better checked them into the armoury.

On post Quarters is not normally considered Barracks. We lived in a housing area just a few blocks from the infamous CPT McDonald house. In fact I still remember our address, 213 Sands.

On post Quarters is not normally considered Barracks. We lived in a housing area just a few blocks from the infamous CPT McDonald house. In fact I still remember our address, 213 Sands.

Right by the school and close to Womack? Wasn't at Bragg for long has I spent most of my airborne career in Vicenza, Italy or at Benning.

Right by the school and close to Womack? Wasn't at Bragg for long has I spent most of my airborne career in Vicenza, Italy or at Benning.

If I remember right, in between Smokebomb Hill And 1st Coscom. It has been a Long time.

Forum List

Back