Israelis Baffled by News of Defenseless US Soldiers

Philobeado

Gold Member
Apr 8, 2009
Gulf of Mexico Coast, Texas
Many Israelis want to know: why didn't the soldiers attacked by a U.S. Army major-turned-terrorist return fire?

When a Muslim goes, well, Muslim in Israel he is typically shot to death by someone--say, a reserve soldier--within seconds of screaming "Allah Akbar."

In contrast with the Israeli experience, it took 10 minutes before a civilian police officer at Fort Hood was able to shoot and stop Muslim fanatic Nidal Malik Hasan.

How could that happen? How could so many people trained in the strategies and tactics of modern warfare be so defenseless?

The answer--and this may astonish many Americans--is that the victims were unarmed. U.S. soldiers are not allowed to carry guns for personal protection, even on a 340-acre base quartering more than 50,000 troops.

So it goes in brain-dead, liberal America.

Fort Hood is a "gun free" zone, thanks to regulations adopted in one of the very first acts signed into law by anti-gun President Bill Clinton in March, 1993.

Contrary to President Obama's crocodile tears, his administration is bent on further disarming the U.S. military, and all Americans. Obama and his people will not rest until every American is a sitting duck..

POSTscript: Israeli teachers, from kindergarten on up, are also armed; so, a Virginia Tech-type slaughter is highly unlikely at an Israeli university.

Israelis, who have had to combat terrorism all their lives, are not afraid of guns. They are an armed people, ready, willing, and able to defend themselves and their country.

Unlike indoctrinated Americans, paralyzed by fear and political correctness, Israelis understand that people, not guns, kill people.

Many Israelis want to know: why didn't the soldiers attacked by a U.S. Army major-turned-terrorist return fire?

When a Muslim goes, well, Muslim in Israel he is typically shot to death by someone--say, a reserve soldier--within seconds of screaming "Allah Akbar."

In contrast with the Israeli experience, it took 10 minutes before a civilian police officer at Fort Hood was able to shoot and stop Muslim fanatic Nidal Malik Hasan.

How could that happen? How could so many people trained in the strategies and tactics of modern warfare be so defenseless?

The answer--and this may astonish many Americans--is that the victims were unarmed. U.S. soldiers are not allowed to carry guns for personal protection, even on a 340-acre base quartering more than 50,000 troops.

Fort Hood is a "gun free" zone, thanks to regulations adopted in one of the very first acts signed into law by anti-gun President Bill Clinton in March, 1993.

Contrary to President Obama's crocodile tears, his administration is bent on further disarming the U.S. military, and all Americans. Obama and his people will not rest until every American is a sitting duck..

POSTscript: Israeli teachers, from kindergarten on up, are also armed; so, a Virginia Tech-type slaughter is highly unlikely at an Israeli university.

Israelis, who have had to combat terrorism all their lives, are not afraid of guns. They are an armed people, ready, willing, and able to defend themselves and their country.

Unlike indoctrinated Americans, paralyzed by fear and political correctness, Israelis understand that people, not guns, kill people.

Has nothing to do with liberalism or Obama. You have a post filled with combat trained soldiers which do drink heavy at times. Drink and weapons never get along. While I was at Ft Bragg, I dont know how many shooting and accidental self infected wound by it was a every weekend thing by drunk soldiers and their personal weapons.

As for military issue weapons, they are kept in a armoury at all times and the soldier who is issued the weapon must be the one that checks it out. Only MP's carry loaded weapons on a Army post unless you are at a firing range or in a live fire training mission.

Has nothing to do with liberalism or Obama. You have a post filled with combat trained soldiers which do drink heavy at times. Drink and weapons never get along. While I was at Ft Bragg, I dont know how many shooting and accidental self infected wound by it was a every weekend thing by drunk soldiers and their personal weapons.

As for military issue weapons, they are kept in a armoury at all times and the soldier who is issued the weapon must be the one that checks it out. Only MP's carry loaded weapons on a Army post unless you are at a firing range or in a live fire training mission.

So, it makes more sense to you to ban the guns than to ban drinking on base and among those entering base?

Are there statistics of mass shootings prior to the Clinton-disarmament?

Or does feeling equal knowing?

So, it makes more sense to you to ban the guns than to ban drinking on base and among those entering base?

Weapons arent banned on base. They are loads of them in the armoury. And this is nothing new. Weapons have been kept under lock and key on every military base for years. I was in before Clinton, Reagan era, and we were not allowed to have weapons in our cars nor the barracks. You had to lock it up it if it was kept on post. When you wanted it, you went down to the armoury and checked it out. Then you better may a bee line to the firing range or off post.

As for drinking. If you old enough to fight and die in a war, you old enough to drink in my book.

Israel is has no problem with alcohol and soldiers. Wine is even part of the religious services at time (For example, Purim.)

It is only the places that are weird about alcohol that have a problem with it.

The answer is simple: Americans are stupid.

☭proletarian☭;1890009 said:

This only goes to show how ignorant you are. We are the world leader in everything worth while. We are so stupid every other nation in the free world looks to us for leadership.

Take another hit off your crack pipe Jr.

Why should soldiers have to walk around armed on their own base?

Israelis and rightwingers are ass holes

Americans are stupid in many things, but the topic of this thread is not one of those things.

that is being reserved for the right winger portion :)

This only goes to show how ignorant you are. We are the world leader in everything worth while. We are so stupid every other nation in the free world looks to us for leadership.

The Argentines used to have the same false sense of "superiority'
You are now just a drugged up, consumer......were consumer, society, that produces NOTHING.
You are bankrupt and fucked.
I know. Rush and Sean think that is nonsense.

The Argentines used to have the same false sense of "superiority'
You are now just a drugged up, consumer......were consumer, society, that produces NOTHING.
You are bankrupt and fucked.
I know. Rush and Sean think that is nonsense.
Only an idiot would compare Argentine to the USA. Oh you just did that.

Weapons arent banned on base. They are loads of them in the armoury. And this is nothing new. Weapons have been kept under lock and key on every military base for years. I was in before Clinton, Reagan era, and we were not allowed to have weapons in our cars nor the barracks. You had to lock it up it if it was kept on post. When you wanted it, you went down to the armoury and checked it out. Then you better may a bee line to the firing range or off post.

As for drinking. If you old enough to fight and die in a war, you old enough to drink in my book.

I had guns in my on post Quarters at Ft Bragg. Of course that was pre-Clinton.

I was wondering the very same thing when the news first broke. I had no idea that the military wasn't allowed to be armed on base. It's one of the most nonsensical and inane policies I have ever heard of.

Weapons arent banned on base.

Well hell, they may as well be. What good is it to have a gun locked up in another building if some psycho is shooting at you in your building? :confused: It's the same illogical argument that D.C. used to make in defense of their restrictive gun rights on their residents.

They are loads of them in the armoury.

Which clearly helped save lives at Fort Hood... oh..... wait......

And this is nothing new.

Well perhaps it's time to change this asinine policy.

While I was at Ft Bragg, I dont know how many shooting and accidental self infected wound by it was a every weekend thing by drunk soldiers and their personal weapons.

Weapons arent banned on base. They are loads of them in the armoury. And this is nothing new. Weapons have been kept under lock and key on every military base for years. I was in before Clinton, Reagan era, and we were not allowed to have weapons in our cars nor the barracks.

These two statements from you contradict each other. Either people were getting accidentally shot "every" weekend or nobody had a gun on base because they were all locked up. Which is it?

they look for us to fight their wars and then invest elsewhere and/or take on our debt at a price

Forum List

Back