Israeli Spring Fermenting....

Discussion in 'Israel and Palestine' started by pbel, Sep 22, 2012.

1. pbel

pbel Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +907
    JERUSALEM (AP) — The forecast for Israel on Sunday: balmy late-summer temperatures, uncomfortable humidity along the Mediterranean coast and ... darkness at 6 p.m.?

Israel moves its clocks back by an hour overnight, putting the country on its winter clock more than a month ahead of Europe and the U.S. and adding to the rising anger that many mainstream Israelis feel toward an ultra-Orthodox minority.

Many Israelis believe the time change, meant to make it easier to fast on the upcoming

In Israel, time change unleashes culture clash - Yahoo! News
    Yom Kippur holy day, unnecessarily disrupts life and costs the economy millions of dollars. They say the early onset of darkness raises electricity costs, causes more car accidents and gives children less time to play after school.

While the custom has long bred resentment, the premature arrival of winter hours comes at an especially sensitive time, given the rising backlash against what is widely seen as religious coercion by ultra-Orthodox leaders.

"It's ridiculous. It's just a power play by the ultra-Orthodox to show who's in charge. There is no reason for it being this early," said Raanan Lidji, a 34-year-old high-tech worker from Tel Aviv.

The move to winter time ahead of Yom Kippur, the Day of Atonement and holiest date on the Jewish calendar, has been standard practice for decades and enshrined in law since 2005.

2. Hossfly

Hossfly ZIONUT Gold Supporting Member Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +23,651
    Does anyone think that the Dhimwit Pbel would have posted any articles which told about the troubles during Ramadan in Muslim countries, which are much worse than you will find in Israel. I guess this is what a good Dhimwit is supposed to do. With the Internet at his fingertips, I suggest that the Pbel do just that. Maybe Pbel is afraid of posting articles like this because then his Muslim friends and the anti-Semites wouldn't like him. Or else he is afraid that some radical Muslims will find out where he lives after a Fatwa is put out on him.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  3. toastman

toastman Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3,961
    He is trying to get people to focus on other things, so that people ignore the atrocities that his muslim brothers are taking part in

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  4. irosie91

irosie91 Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +11,098
    try to understand PEEBALLS islamo nazi pigs are extremely frustrated WHY? because jews do not kill each other in sectarian conflicts as do MUSLIMS ----and-----unfortunately ----as has the christian world in its history. I am not kidding------LONG AGO a highly educated pakistani told me "Israel will be gone in two years" I said "why?" he said "because the "SEPHARDIS AND THE ASHKENAZIS ARE KILLING EACH OTHER" I could not convince him that it wasn't happening-------he was SO DELIGHTED WITH THE IDEA ------and he was not or is not unique-------islamo nazis are obsessed with their prayer that jews will engage in blood bath sectarian conflict-----like they have and do

5. Roudy

Roudy Platinum Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +14,591
    Oh please, leave the poor guy alone...if the Pbels of the world don't masturbate to the destruction of Israel twice a day they won't feel normal.

6. ForeverYoung436

ForeverYoung436 Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,404
    Yeah, and...

7. Lipush

Lipush Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,281
    LOL. My thoughts exactly

8. pbel

pbel Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +907
    I see all the looney tunes are feeding, nice group...I don't want the destruction of Israel. But I do want them to go back to the renogotiated 67 borders and America out of that volitile quagmire...it is Israel and Israelis that must decide if they want to exist in the long-run...Within 50 short years nukes will in any country who wants them in the ME. Remember the Sampson Option is not a great option since Sampson died when he used his.

9. ForeverYoung436

ForeverYoung436 Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,404
    But the subject of this thread has nothing to do with Israel/Palestine conflict. By the way, my sister and brother-in-law go to Israel every year for Yom Kippur, so that they can break the fast a couple of hours earlier than here in America.

10. Lipush

Lipush Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,281
    Yes but if they do it less than 25 hours it doesn't count:lol: my Cusies tried to trick the clock that way more than once:D