Israel To U.S. - Stop Iran And Their Nukes Or We Will

GotZoom

Apr 20, 2005
Cordova, TN
I say let them. They would probably get it done a lot quicker than we would.

----

The United States and its allies must act to stop Iran's nuclear programs -- by force if necessary -- because conventional diplomacy will not work, three senior Israeli lawmakers from across the political spectrum warned yesterday.
As a last resort, they said, Israel itself would act unilaterally to prevent Iran from acquiring nuclear arms.
Iran will not be deterred "by anything short of a threat of force," said Arieh Eldad, a member of Israel's right-wing National Union Party, part of a delegation of Knesset members visiting Washington this week.
"They won't be stopped unless they are convinced their programs will be destroyed if they continue," he said.
Yuval Steinitz, chairman of the Knesset Foreign Affairs and Defense Committee, said the best hope was for the United States and other major powers to make it clear to Iranian leaders now there was "no chance they will ever see the fruits of a nuclear program."
"Threats of sanctions and isolation alone will not do it," said Mr. Steinitz.
Yosef Lapid, head of the centrist opposition Shinui Party in the Knesset, added that Israel "will not live under the threat of an Iranian nuclear bomb."
"We feel we are obliged to warn our friends that Israel should not be pushed into a situation where we see no other solution but to act unilaterally" against Iran, he said.
Mr. Steinitz, a member of Prime Minister Ariel Sharon's ruling Likud Party, stopped just short of a direct threat to bomb suspect Iranian nuclear sites.

http://www.washtimes.com/world/20050929-114709-2065r.htm

Of course they wont stop unless physical force is threatened. I certainly hope they do something about it like they did with Saddam's little French made nuke factory. :firing:

We're too busy pussyfooting around trying to get a 00.0% collateral damage rate and fearfull that some dust specks might waft to a mosque. Thank God for Isreal.

It is understandable ISrael reacting in that way.

Things in Iraq are from pointview of Israel not doing good.
Getting shiites to power.

Mullah-Shiites in Iran said long years ago: "The road to Jerusalem leads over Nadschaf"...

And from Israel Standpoint, Shiites reached now Nadschaf.

GotZoom said:
I say let them. They would probably get it done a lot quicker than we would.

----

The United States and its allies must act to stop Iran's nuclear programs -- by force if necessary -- because conventional diplomacy will not work, three senior Israeli lawmakers from across the political spectrum warned yesterday.
As a last resort, they said, Israel itself would act unilaterally to prevent Iran from acquiring nuclear arms.
Iran will not be deterred "by anything short of a threat of force," said Arieh Eldad, a member of Israel's right-wing National Union Party, part of a delegation of Knesset members visiting Washington this week.
"They won't be stopped unless they are convinced their programs will be destroyed if they continue," he said.
Yuval Steinitz, chairman of the Knesset Foreign Affairs and Defense Committee, said the best hope was for the United States and other major powers to make it clear to Iranian leaders now there was "no chance they will ever see the fruits of a nuclear program."
"Threats of sanctions and isolation alone will not do it," said Mr. Steinitz.
Yosef Lapid, head of the centrist opposition Shinui Party in the Knesset, added that Israel "will not live under the threat of an Iranian nuclear bomb."
"We feel we are obliged to warn our friends that Israel should not be pushed into a situation where we see no other solution but to act unilaterally" against Iran, he said.
Mr. Steinitz, a member of Prime Minister Ariel Sharon's ruling Likud Party, stopped just short of a direct threat to bomb suspect Iranian nuclear sites.

http://www.washtimes.com/world/20050929-114709-2065r.htm

Whether it is us or the Israeli's matters little to me, just so long as someone does the job.

Yes, but in potential scenario, will Iraq gave permission for Israeli Jets cross their Air-Space?

Iraq's interim foreign minister said in remarks published today that any attack on neighboring Iran or Syria could destabilize Iraq
http://www.globalsecurity.org/wmd/library/news/iran/2005/iran-050223-rferl01.htm

And i Remeber too, that an Iraqi and Iranian minister come together 4 or 5 months ago and they both said: From one land there will be never attacks to the other.

Perhaps Israel is going to use their dolphin-class submarines capable of firing nuclear missiles, which Germans gave them for free.

Mr. P said:
A warning..I've said all along Israel would do it with US support.
It looks like the day is near maybe.

disagree...israel will do it the us will neither prevent it nor support it

manu1959 said:
disagree...israel will do it the us will neither prevent it nor support it
Last I read the Israel jets will need refueled or the can't make it all the way back.
That's where I think US support will come in..Either refueling them or allowing them refueling over Iraq...Of course the US must allow Iraq overflight anyway....
Sooooooo...It = US support..

I don't think Israel will make anything on its own.

Destroying those atomic facilities by Israel will make a revenge by Iranians via firing Shahab-3 missile to Israeli mainland unavoidable. And they have many of them. Not that precise in targeting but they have many of them.

look yourself of the Missiles-range:
http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y47/basbug/iran-us-bases.gif

Thinking that Iran will sit down and do nothing when their Facilities are destroyed is not realistic.
Therefore I think when an war is to come in the near future, and the war will come as there are some indicates, going in with Troops and dispowering those mullahs is unavoidable.

By the way Achmedinajad gave an interview to an Arab newspaper where he warned EU that bringing Iran to UN Security Council is a very danngerous game. He said Iran will boycott the West by Oil and Gas-sales, which will lead to an explosion of Oil-Prices.

Meanwhile Achmedinajad disclaimed that he has said something like this.
So this indicates, that Iran is not going to sit down and relax and watch how the West is going to decide Irans future and fate.

If Israel is insane enough to start nuking or conventionally destroying these Iranian power plants the world will be in a lot of shit.

Apart from the fact that Iran will be going through the roof with millions of Iranians willing to run into Israel to exact revenge - meaning they have to go through the american forces stationed in Iraq; there are bigger problems.

Anyone remember the joint exercizes the Chinese and Russian army held a few months ago? I recall America was not too happy about it, nor was North Korea for that matter as the exercize was held next door from them.

Does anyone recall it is the Russians that have stood up for the Iranian powerplants, stating they will deliver raw materials and export waste that would potentially be used for weapons? Russia will not be pleased with Israel if they choose to attack Iran. Nor will China be happy about this.

The Chinese have signed what is referred to as the "deal of the century" in asian countries last year. This deal between Teheran and Bejing involves Chinese infrastructure to be built in Iran, whereas Iran has promised to deliver natural gas and oil to China for the next 25 years. It was a deal of 100 billion dollars likely to double to 200 billion in the years to come. This mega-deal is critical to sustain China's immense growth.
For the full story see: http://www.atimes.com/atimes/Middle_East/FK06Ak01.html

Now here's the catch: under the Chinese constitution, anyone who attacks china's natural resources or the critical suppliers thereof, is declaring war on China. Which would not be a good thing.

Harmageddon said:
If Israel is insane enough to start nuking or conventionally destroying these Iranian power plants the world will be in a lot of shi*.

Apart from the fact that Iran will be going through the roof with millions of Iranians willing to run into Israel to exact revenge - meaning they have to go through the american forces stationed in Iraq; there are bigger problems.

Anyone remember the joint exercizes the Chinese and Russian army held a few months ago? I recall America was not too happy about it, nor was North Korea for that matter as the exercize was held next door from them.

Does anyone recall it is the Russians that have stood up for the Iranian powerplants, stating they will deliver raw materials and export waste that would potentially be used for weapons? Russia will not be pleased with Israel if they choose to attack Iran. Nor will China be happy about this.

The Chinese have signed what is referred to as the "deal of the century" in asian countries last year. This deal between Teheran and Bejing involves Chinese infrastructure to be built in Iran, whereas Iran has promised to deliver natural gas and oil to China for the next 25 years. It was a deal of 100 billion dollars likely to double to 200 billion in the years to come. This mega-deal is critical to sustain China's immense growth.

Now here's the catch: under the Chinese constitution, anyone who attacks china's natural resources or the critical suppliers thereof, is declaring war on China. Which would not be a good thing.

* Edit of one word, due to form filters at school.

So is your solution to let Israel get hit? I mean, one really should take Iranian threats seriously, no?

Harmageddon said:

China hasn't even done anything about Taiwan - they sure won't do anything to Israel if they attack Iran.

Kathianne said:
* Edit of one word, due to form filters at school.

So is your solution to let Israel get hit? I mean, one really should take Iranian threats seriously, no?

No Kathianne, my solution is not that Israel get hit.
Iran may be insane enough to attack Israel with nukes, although if they plan to do so, it will probably take several years for them to build them in the first place. For Iran to hit Israel is just as insane as the other way around, for Israel has the most sophisticated (American built) army in the region and posesses roughly 200 nukes.

Iranian threats come down to: "if Israel decides to strike our reactors, that means war! Praise Allah!" a line of reasoning I can basically sympathise with, apart from the bit about Allah.

I'm saying: both options are equally insane.
So instead of pre-emptively igniting a possible world war it may be a good idea to get the adrenalin levels down and suggest an ongoing international inspection during the building of these reactors. Just to inform the Iranians, sorry but we're a little paranoid here, so we're just going to monitor this whole event. This is one way of addressing the possible future problems.

One way or another, the first nation (apart from Russia and America) that starts throwing around their nukes will go down in a large pool of bubbling green glass.

As to your first remark: sorry about the t

Forum List

Back