Israel has come under pressure from its principal ally, the United States, to move to a more low-intensity war.

is it a good idea by the Biden admin to be putting this pressure on the Israelis?

• Total voters

peacefan

Gold Member
Mar 8, 2018
Amsterdam, Netherlands
Israel says it will pull out thousands of troops from Gaza
Israel has come under pressure from its principal ally, the United States, to move to a more low-intensity war.

Remote : Mon, 01 Jan 2024 20:30:56 +0000
Local : 2024-01-01(Monday) 21 : 30 : 56
Found via World Headlines on nicer.app

what do you all say, is it a good idea by the Biden administration to be putting this pressure on the Israelis?
personally, i just don't know yet.
seems that by moving to a low-intensity war, we'd be encouraging future generations of Arabs to hate us intensely AND think we're weak.

Well good! Then we can cut back on funding for Ukraine, for a "low-intensity" war as well.

Israel faces an existential enemy and it can never be made more clear than right now. If Israel bows to US pressure and stops using airpower they will begin experiencing mass casualties among the IDF. When that begins, I won't blame DC even though they are EVIL.
I will blame the weak leaders in Israel for sacrificing their sons on an altar of political cowardice. Ultimately, no other nation on this planet truly wants the best for Israel and if they do not stand up for themselves, the chaos and death that will come to them will be at least partially their own fault.

Israel faces an existential enemy and it can never be made more clear than right now. If Israel bows to US pressure and stops using airpower they will begin experiencing mass casualties among the IDF. When that begins, I won't blame DC even though they are EVIL.
I will blame the weak leaders in Israel for sacrificing their sons on an altar of political cowardice. Ultimately, no other nation on this planet truly wants the best for Israel and if they do not stand up for themselves, the chaos and death that will come to them will be at least partially their own fault.
hold on, aren't the Israelis almost completely dependant upon the support of their allies?

what do you all say, is it a good idea by the Biden administration to be putting this pressure on the Israelis?
seems that by moving to a low-intensity war, we'd be encouraging future generations of Arabs to hate us intensely AND think we're weak.
That would be correct. Israel might move to a more covert war. Night time bombings, poison the water supply, etc.

Biden should be pressuring the Islamic savages to stop starving and torturing innocent Jewish hostages to death….but that might upset his Muslim voters.

I wouldn't take anything from al Jazeera too seriously. The IDF is a citizen army, and mobilizing reservists does great damage to the economy, so they will keep only the numbers they absolutely need on active duty. Biden is asking Israel to change tactics to avoid civilian casualties, and reducing the number of soldiers in the field is not really related to that.

On an emotional level, I'm tempted to say, "yes, Israel needs to dial it down."

But then I remember how showing mercy on radical Muslims has worked out for Israel in the past, and I wonder why I would think it would be a good idea to give Hamas breathing space to regroup, re-supply, re-arm, and rebuild tunnels.

Spain hasn't been giving the US billions of dollars since 1948.
A fair point. Let Biden sanction Israel for fighting back against people sworn to the genocide of Israeli Jews. It's an election year, what could be the downside of that?

On an emotional level, I'm tempted to say, "yes, Israel needs to dial it down."

But then I remember how showing mercy on radical Muslims has worked out for Israel in the past, and I wonder why I would think it would be a good idea to give Hamas breathing space to regroup, re-supply, re-arm, and rebuild tunnels.

A fair point. Let Biden sanction Israel for fighting back against people sworn to the genocide of Israeli Jews. It's an election year, what could be the downside of that?

Well, the carnage may continue another 70 years.

Things look stronger each day for the Palestinian Freedom Fighters .
The world turns against Ethnic Cleansing US and Israel .

Hope it's time for these terrorist nations to receive a huge thrashing
, ----be it at sea , on the Golan Heights or in the middle of Tel Aviv .

Things look stronger each day for the Palestinian Freedom Fighters .
The world turns against Ethnic Cleansing US and Israel .

Hope it's time for these terrorist nations to receive a huge thrashing
, ----be it at sea , on the Golan Heights or in the middle of Tel Aviv .
Too bad for you that Isrsel will defeat the HAMAS terrorists. And too bad for Palestinians that their own leaders use them as human shields.

Easy way to stop that is for Hamas to surrender unconditionally.

Do you hope they do that, or do you prefer seventy more years of carnage?
The Palestinians could have had peace by accepting any of the peace deals offered by Israel. They turned them down because peace is not their objective: their objective is the destruction of Israel and to make the entire Middle East Judenfrei.

Forum List

Back