Israel Ambassador To The United Nations:Defund The UN

Why should anybody agree to be ruled by an International Government.
They were more than happy to accept the UN's partition plan vote in 1947 and used it to purge the land of non Jews.

"The United Nations resolution sparked conflict between Jewish and Arab groups within Palestine. Fighting began with attacks by irregular bands of Palestinian Arabs attached to local units of the Arab Liberation Army composed of volunteers from Palestine and neighboring Arab countries. These groups launched their attacks against Jewish cities, settlements, and armed forces. The Jewish forces were composed of the Haganah, the underground militia of the Jewish community in Palestine, and two small irregular groups, the Irgun, and LEHI. The goal of the Arabs was initially to block the Partition Resolution and to prevent the establishment of the Jewish state. The Jews, on the other hand, hoped to gain control over the territory allotted to them under the Partition Plan."

It was no accident that when they declared independence the following April they controlled so much territory. They had been fighting for it ever since the UN General Assembly vote approving the non-binding resolution, the Partition Plan.

Fighting began with attacks by irregular bands of Palestinian Arabs attached to local units of the Arab Liberation Army composed of volunteers from Palestine and neighboring Arab countries.
???? No such thing as a Palestiniam Arab. You are either Arab or not. When reading history, it was the jews and Christians who were referred to as Palestinians.

I will count this as error #1

Of course the Israelis want to defund the UN..
They have no use for international law... never have.

The UN does not equate with international law. Resolutions are non-binding of most states. Secondly, the truly despicable and less than civilized member states are have too much of a voice there for the institution to have legitimacy. American should withdraw as a member and then evict them from NYC, in my opinion.

"The United Nations resolution sparked conflict between Jewish and Arab groups within Palestine.
Actually, the United Nations was extremely late to the game. Conflict between Arabs/Moslems and Jews have a long history before the United Nations came to be. It is wrong to state that it was the United Nations resolution that sparked the conflict.

United Nations? Sorry, you must go back to the League of Nations, World War I, the fall of the Turkish Empire, the Balfour Declaration, the Peel Commision.

What the United Nations did or did not do is insignificant and did not begin the conflict.

Actually, the United Nations was extremely late to the game. Conflict between Arabs/Moslems and Jews have a long history before the United Nations came to be. It is wrong to state that it was the United Nations resolution that sparked the conflict.

United Nations? Sorry, you must go back to the League of Nations, World War I, the fall of the Turkish Empire, the Balfour Declaration, the Peel Commision.

What the United Nations did or did not do is insignificant and did not begin the conflict.
Since the UN didn't come into existence until 1945 how would you expect them to influence the beginning of the conflict. The article I quoted didn't say that the Resolution began the conflict. It definitely "sparked conflict between Jewish and Arab groups" when it was passed. The Jewish defenses were ready this time and were not going to allow another Pogrom like in the 20's and 30's. By the time the Brits quit the Mandate they had secured much land on their side of the so called Green line.

Since the UN didn't come into existence until 1945 how would you expect them to influence the beginning of the conflict. The article I quoted didn't say that the Resolution began the conflict. It definitely "sparked conflict between Jewish and Arab groups" when it was passed. The Jewish defenses were ready this time and were not going to allow another Pogrom like in the 20's and 30's. By the time the Brits quit the Mandate they had secured much land on their side of the so called Green line.
right, there was conflict long before the United Nations allegedly stirred things up.

and it was the british that created the partition of palestine, long before the united nations.

77% of Palestine was given to the Arabs at the time of the League of Nations mandate.

23% was what was left for the Jews. Of course, 23% was way too much for the Arabs, hence a 100 years of terrorism and war.

The Green Line? Had nothing to do with the League of Nations Mandate. That came decades later.

Of course the Israelis want to defund the UN..
They have no use for international law... never have.

Lol...

So you bed wetters have all sorts of respect for the law when you undermine our constitutional 2A rights, go on shooting rampages, burn down cities because pieces of shit overdose and die in police custody, resist efforts to enforce immigration law and threaten to kill presidents and public officials because they oppose infantice?

THAT sort of "respect"?

Jabbering fucking retard.

right, there was conflict long before the United Nations allegedly stirred things up.

and it was the british that created the partition of palestine, long before the united nations.

77% of Palestine was given to the Arabs at the time of the League of Nations mandate.

23% was what was left for the Jews. Of course, 23% was way too much for the Arabs, hence a 100 years of terrorism and war.

The Green Line? Had nothing to do with the League of Nations Mandate. That came decades later.
The Peel Commission didn't adopt the Partition Plan because it could not be implemented without a massive forced transfer of Arabs. Even after the UN's non binding vote it was not. It was war that decided the issue and forced the mass transfer.

Lol...

So you bed wetters have all sorts of respect for the law when you undermine our constitutional 2A rights, go on shooting rampages, burn down cities because pieces of shit overdose and die in police custody, resist efforts to enforce immigration law and threaten to kill presidents and public officials because they oppose infantice?

THAT sort of "respect"?

Jabbering fucking retard.
I found a pile shit in my yard the other morning. I insulted it for several minutes, went inside for some coffee and when I went back out, it was still there.

Venting I can understand but you can't insult the scum of the Earth. They know what they are and they revel in it. They think it's cool. It is the only thing in life they have -- Being scum-sucking slime. It's all they got.

They think by shitting in the punch bowl that makes them matter. By vandalizing society, property, whatever and causing good people difficulty, they think they matter. They think they make a difference. They do. In a very negative way. You know who I'm talking about. Not just in here, in life.

Good luck

Forum List

Back