Isn't there some way to read poll results?

Hey Pogo, maybe this will help.

Example 1 is a public poll, as noted at the top of the poll. When you click on "view poll results" at the right bottom corner, you get the list of everyone who voted.

pollexample1_zpsb74b3979.jpg

Example 2 is a non-public poll. Clicking on "view poll results" only gets you the vote totals.

pollexample2_zpsfa10aefc.jpg

Thanks Rat. Yah I know what they look like but I'm not getting anything showing up when I hover on the bar. I have seen it in the past but not lately.

I put a poll up and never got a choice whether to make it public or private.

There isn't an RTFM somewhere?

If it's not a public poll, you won't get anything by hovering on the bar. It's totally anonymous.

Hey Pogo, maybe this will help.

Example 1 is a public poll, as noted at the top of the poll. When you click on "view poll results" at the right bottom corner, you get the list of everyone who voted.

pollexample1_zpsb74b3979.jpg

Example 2 is a non-public poll. Clicking on "view poll results" only gets you the vote totals.

pollexample2_zpsfa10aefc.jpg

Thanks Rat. Yah I know what they look like but I'm not getting anything showing up when I hover on the bar. I have seen it in the past but not lately.

If it's not a public poll, you won't get anything by hovering on the bar. It's totally anonymous.

Ah, well that's what I'm getting lately but I've seen it in the past, as Syrenn indicated...

I guess the poll I just posted is "not public" since for me it doesn't show a "poll results" button -- but then I can't tell if I see the same thing another reader would see, that's why I didn't think creating one would be productive. It doesn't clarify who's supposed to see what.

But since it didn't give a choice of whether to go public or not-public, maybe that's why so many polls show up not-public. Seems there should be an option.

Last edited:

Ah, well that's what I'm getting lately but I've seen it in the past, as Syrenn indicated...

I guess the poll I just posted is "not public" since for me it doesn't show a "poll results" button -- but then I can't tell if I see the same thing another reader would see, that's why I didn't think creating one would be productive.

But since it didn't give a choice of whether to go public or not-public, maybe that's why so many polls show up not-public. Seems there should be an option.

There is the option. But some posters make the poll non-public to encourage people to vote. I know of instances where someone has been negged just for the way they voted. Others have been ridiculed for their votes.

Personally, I have to really care about the question to vote in a public poll. Sometimes it's not worth it to go public. But I do vote in most anonymous polls.

I don't feel comfortable posting a poll before I understand how to read one :(

I still don't get the cursor thing over the bar, on any poll. And yet I have seen it in the past. Myserious.

not a bar..... over the number of people who have voted.

go to the links i gave you.....

put your cursor over the big bold black number of how many people voted in the choice...... getting a little finger point means it is a link..... click on it. The number is the same as a hyperlink in a public poll.

if you dont get the little finger pointer..... there is no link... and it is a private poll.

:eusa_angel:

Already did that and tried again -- I hovered over all the bars and nothing ever shows up.

Is it a Chrome thing?

not the colored BARS....

the bold black NUMBERS..... in the first example..... 9, 15, 11, 1 or 1

from the first example poll...... put your cursor over the number ........ 9

0 - all taxes should be voluntary .....(colored bar).... 9 ...... 24.32%

Last edited:
not a bar..... over the number of people who have voted.

go to the links i gave you.....

put your cursor over the big bold black number of how many people voted in the choice...... getting a little finger point means it is a link..... click on it. The number is the same as a hyperlink in a public poll.

if you dont get the little finger pointer..... there is no link... and it is a private poll.

:eusa_angel:

Already did that and tried again -- I hovered over all the bars and nothing ever shows up.

Is it a Chrome thing?

not the colored BARS....

No, that gives me nothing. What happens there is I click "View Poll Results" which gives me a page that lists a horizontal read of names for each choice, so there is a way in that instance, but it doesn't come from a cursor hover. I hovered everything in both polls, got nothing. And yet, I do remember it happening.

Anyone else using Chrome? I'm suspecting browser variations?

Is it a Chrome thing?

not the colored BARS....

No, that gives me nothing. What happens there is I click "View Poll Results" which gives me a page that lists a horizontal read of names for each choice, so there is a way in that instance, but it doesn't come from a cursor hover. I hovered everything in both polls, got nothing. And yet, I do remember it happening.

ok....

question: are you looking at the same page....or are you relinking to a fresh page and giving it a go? If i have clicked on the number, it get the names. If i refresh to a new link i must start over and click the number.

i am using firefox.

not the colored BARS....

ok....

question: are you looking at the same page....or are you relinking to a fresh page and giving it a go? If i have clicked on the number, it get the names. If i refresh to a new link i must start over and click the number.

i am using firefox.

I tried both, didn't make a difference.
Have also tried through Opera, still no difference. No hover effects.

Next I'll have to fire up an older computer that has Firefox or else find one with Safari.

On the other hand I did figure out the public option for a second poll.
Still, creating a poll doesn't necessarily show me the same thing other people see.

-- Or does it?

:dunno:

before you vote...there is always a view poll button......

clicking on the number will show who has voted for what..... if it is private you cant pull that up.

those are the only two ways to post polls..... private or public. Why not make some silly polls and give them a test drive and check them out for yourself? Make one private and one public. :eusa_angel:

I don't feel comfortable posting a poll before I understand how to read one :(

I still don't get the cursor thing over the bar, on any poll. And yet I have seen it in the past. Myserious.

oh come on... be brave!!! You can do it!!!!

book or movie...vote now!

vacation at the beach.... or snow in the mountains

turkey and all the trimmings or what ever floats your boat

read the instructions.... or put it together and figure it out as you go!

:smiliehug:

Forum List

Back