Islamists and Our 40-50 Nuclear Weapons in Turkey

Historymaven

Jul 11, 2016
The US needs to remove our nuclear weapons from the recently purged now Dictatorial pro Islamist Turkey before they fall into the wrong hands. This is serious and it seems no one cares...

Historymaven

The US needs to remove our nuclear weapons from the recently purged now Dictatorial pro Islamist Turkey before they fall into the wrong hands. This is serious and it seems no one cares...

Historymaven
I agree that it seems no one cares, and that it is a dangerous situation. However, I am not sure that removing our military assets in Turkey is the best answer. I am open to hearing your reasoning though. Keep in mind that they where placed there for strategic as well as tactical purposes, and merely saying the country is currently unstable is a flimsy argument at best. Remember, Germany was unstable when we first put major assets there, as well as many other parts of the world.
I propose an alternative. Beef up security and ARMED presence to (hopefully) deter would be take-overs of said assets.

Historymaven
I agree that it seems no one cares, and that it is a dangerous situation. However, I am not sure that removing our military assets in Turkey is the best answer. I am open to hearing your reasoning though. Keep in mind that they where placed there for strategic as well as tactical purposes, and merely saying the country is currently unstable is a flimsy argument at best. Remember, Germany was unstable when we first put major assets there, as well as many other parts of the world.
I propose an alternative. Beef up security and ARMED presence to (hopefully) deter would be take-overs of said assets.

It was my understanding that the nuclear weapons along with all the NATO planes were initially sequestered and not allowed to move when the faux coup started that triggered the pro Islamic purge of Turkey. If, in fact, they were sequestered it proves to me that they are in a very dangerous situation

I do not know what has happened there since and would probably not believe anything publicly announced. We just can't afford to take a chance of leaving nuclear weapons within the grasp of ISIS or other extremists. IMHO the weapons should be removed to a secure location ASAP. We cannot afford to await decisive orders from our Commander-in-Chief because IMHO they will not come.

Turkey then should have its credentials for remaining in NATO critically reexamined.

Historymaven

Historymaven
isn't there a protocol ?

Historymaven
isn't there a protocol ?

No other NATO country that I know of has purged pro western elements leaving a strong armed Islamist dictator in charge. The weapons need to be clandestinely removed from Turkey until such time the country is safe again, if ever. No need for the O Administration to announce this strategic defensive move on the front page of the NYTs.

Historymaven

Historymaven
isn't there a protocol ?

No other NATO country that I know of has purged pro western elements leaving a strong armed Islamist dictator in charge. The weapons need to be clandestinely removed from Turkey until such time the country is safe again, if ever. No need for the O Administration to announce this strategic defensive move on the front page of the NYTs.

Historymaven
maybe it's part of obama's make iran great again.

Historymaven
Obama needs those nukes there to defend his new kingdom....

Forum List

Back