‘Islam is about real love, not just lust’: The party girl who’s embraced Islam !

Discussion in 'Religion and Ethics' started by Ancient lion, Oct 27, 2012.

1. Ancient lion

Ancient lion Thank your creator

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +125
    When I’m wearing the headscarf I can smile at people without them thinking it is a sexual advance,’ she said.

‘I definitely agree with Islam’s principles of not having sex with someone you’re not married to and to save your beauty for your husband.

So I think my next partner would need to be a practising Muslim to understand.
    ‘It is easy for me to say this now, with hindsight, having made the mistakes, but I think I would have been better off with partners who my parents thought were suitable, learning to love them through friendship first.’ Mrs Matthews has given up alcohol, sticks to a halal diet and plans to fast during Ramadan. She has an English-language Koran which she reads daily, and wants to learn Arabic so that she can recite prayers five times a day.
    But she will not be forcing Islam on to her daughters – Ellah, five, and two-year-old Halle – from her marriage to Jerrome.
    ‘People think I must be oppressed but I’m a strong, confident and free woman,’ she said. ‘I know I’m one of the most unlikely people to revert to Islam.
    ‘It astounds me. But I’ve done it for love and happiness and it has completely changed my life.’
    UPDATED: 23:02 GMT, 26 October 2012 on daily mail.

Related topics:
    Where are the women in Islam??

Why are so many Women converting to Islam?

Western women on a journey of faith

Why European women are turning to Islam

May God keep her strong in faith :)

2. Noomi

Noomi Ninja Kicker Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3,878
    I think its great that she is happy, but I think that it takes a lot longer than 3 months to decide whether you wish to follow a religion. There is no telling how she will feel this time next year. I would have waited 12 months, and in that time, read the Quran, acted like a Muslim and then converted. It just seems too soon for her, IMO.

3. Rozman

Rozman Gold Member Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +6,687
    Good Grief....

4. Saigon

Saigon Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,240
    I'm not sure why anyone would be surprised by this...there have always been western people attracted to Islam, just as there are to Buddhism, Bahai and Hindi.

It isn't for everyone, and it wouldn't be to me, but I can understand why some people find it attractive, and respect their choice.

5. Meathead

Meathead Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +8,812
    Western people can be ditzy too. This one's a slam dunk.

6. Noomi

Noomi Ninja Kicker Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3,878
    I admit that I am attracted to the religion of Islam, and have been for a number of years now. I can say I am not religious, but one day, I will convert to Islam. Its not a question of if, its a question of when.

About five years ago I was given a quote, or a statement, to read out. I was told that this was how you converted to Islam. I am not sure if that was correct, but I said those words in the way they were meant to be said. If those words were truly how one converted to Islam, then I would have been a Muslim for nearly five years now.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
    Last edited: Oct 27, 2012
  7. Meathead

Meathead Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +8,812
    Bingo! Thanks Noomi!

8. editec

editec Mr. Forgot-it-All

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,617
    [​IMG]

Yeah those Moslem women are really odd dressers, aren't they?

:lol:

9. Dajjal

Dajjal Quran buster

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,289
    See my thread, is the quran the words of God, for a lot of reasons why I am incensed by western women converting to Islam. How dumb can you get?

If they want to find out how Islam really treats women, The Taliban shoot little girls for wanting to go to school. That is probably because if they get an education they will realize the quran is evil trash.

10. Saigon

Saigon Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,240
    Daijal -

Using the Taliban as an example of how Islam treats women is like using the Irish Catholic Church as an example of how Christianity treats alter boys.

Most Muslim women in countries like Malaysia, Turkey, Tunisia, Indonesia, Lebanon, Albania, Jordan and Senegal work, vote, drive cars and dress as they please. That is the majority position.