ISIS Comes to Utah

Oh lord......You're going to dredge that story up again? I'll bet a digital clock was one of the first projects attempted by almost all of electronic engineers and hobbiests when they first started to learn about digital electronics. It's no more a bomb than the alarm clock most people use to help them wake up in the morning.
As a matter of fact, it was a working clock that the little lyin' bastard took out of its original enclosure and put all the parts in a briefcase. He didn't build anything....except his own ego.

My first electronic project was a crystal radio. I built it by buying the parts, looking at a circuit diagram and wiring all the parts together. I took it to school and won the Science Fair Blue Ribbon....because it worked.

Though we humans have used binary math since 1679, the transistor didn't come along until long after I finished my crystal radio.

There are some books that claim ancient aliens used the binary system, but I don't believe it. They all wore Mickey Mouse watches and Dick Tracy decoder rings.

Oh lord......You're going to dredge that story up again? I'll bet a digital clock was one of the first projects attempted by almost all of electronic engineers and hobbiests when they first started to learn about digital electronics. It's no more a bomb than the alarm clock most people use to help them wake up in the morning.
As a matter of fact, it was a working clock that the little lyin' bastard took out of its original enclosure and put all the parts in a briefcase. He didn't build anything....except his own ego.

My first electronic project was a crystal radio. I built it by buying the parts, looking at a circuit diagram and wiring all the parts together. I took it to school and won the Science Fair Blue Ribbon....because it worked.

Though we humans have used binary math since 1679, the transistor didn't come along until long after I finished my crystal radio.

There are some books that claim ancient aliens used the binary system, but I don't believe it. They all wore Mickey Mouse watches and Dick Tracy decoder rings.

The key to any electronics is smoke. All those little components are filled with smoke, and as long as you can keep that inside the parts, you have a good chance of making the project work. As soon as any smoke leaks out, throw it away. It's broke.

Walk into a court house with one. Better yet, walk into the White House tour line with one, shitforbrains.

The key to any electronics is smoke. All those little components are filled with smoke, and as long as you can keep that inside the parts, you have a good chance of making the project work. As soon as any smoke leaks out, throw it away. It's broke.
True. If the smoke gets out, the device will quit working.

Subject: The theory of electricity by Joseph Lucas

Positive ground depends on proper circuit functioning, which is the transmission of negative ions by retention of the visible spectral manifestation known as "smoke". Smoke is the thing that makes electrical circuits work.

We know this to be true because every time one lets the smoke out of an electrical circuit, it stops working.

This can be verified repeatedly through empirical testing.

For example, if one places a copper bar across the terminals of a battery, prodigious quantities of smoke are liberated and the battery shortly ceases to function. In addition, if one observes smoke escaping from an electrical component such as a Lucas voltage regulator, it will also be observed that the component no longer functions. The logic is elementary and inescapable!

The function of the wiring harness is to conduct the smoke from one device to another. When the wiring springs a leak and lets all the smoke out of the system, nothing works afterward.

Starter motors were considered unsuitable for British motorcycles for some time largely because they consumed large quantities of smoke, requiring very unsightly large wires.

It has been reported that Lucas electrical components are possibly more prone to electrical leakage than their Bosch, Japanese or American counterparts. Experts point out that this is because Lucas is British, and all things British leak. British engines leak oil, British shock absorbers, hydraulic forks and disk brake systems leak fluid, British tires leak air and British Intelligence leaks national defense secrets.

Therefore, it follows that British electrical systems must leak smoke. Once again, the logic is clear and inescapable.

In conclusion, the basic concept of transmission of electrical energy in the form of smoke provides a logical explanation of the mysteries of electrical components especially British units manufactured by Joseph Lucas, Ltd.

And remember: "A gentleman does not motor about after dark."

Joseph Lucas "The Prince of Darkness" 1842-1903

A few Lucas quips:
• The Lucas motto: "Get home before dark."
• Lucas is the patent holder for the short circuit.
• Lucas - Inventor of the first intermittent wiper.
• Lucas - Inventor of the self-dimming headlamp.
• The three-position Lucas switch--DIM, FLICKER and OFF.
• The Original Anti-Theft Device - Lucas Electrics.
• If Lucas made guns, wars would not start
• Back in the '70s, Lucas decided to diversify its product line and began manufacturing vacuum cleaners. It was the only product they offered which did not suck.

Q: Why do the British drink warm beer?
A: Because Lucas makes their refrigerators.

Q: Why did the British never become a big factor in computer development?
A: Because they couldn't figure out a way to make a computer leak oil.

I googled "Utah teen bomb identity" to see if they've ID'd the kid yet, and the results show all kinds of people threatening to bomb schools in Utah. Damn.
I heard the little bastard wanted to fly an ISIS flag on campus. That may be proven fake news, but I did hear it on a news program. I'm betting the little shithead is a recently converted (by social media) radical Muslim.

I googled "Utah teen bomb identity" to see if they've ID'd the kid yet, and the results show all kinds of people threatening to bomb schools in Utah. Damn.
I heard the little bastard wanted to fly an ISIS flag on campus. That may be proven fake news, but I did hear it on a news program. I'm betting the little shithead is a recently converted (by social media) radical Muslim.
Yeah but you say that about everything

Yeah but you say that about everything
I may have been wrong about his wanting to fly the ISIS flag, but he is suspected of similar vandalism in a nearby town.

You're wrong, dude. Eat some crow!

Utah student allegedly brought bomb to school in his backpack and tried to detonate it

The teenager arrested in the incident is also suspected of vandalizing Hurricane High School Feb. 15, police in that nearby town said.

In the vandalism incident, a U.S. flag was taken down from a pole in front of the school and graffiti reading “ISIS is coming” was spray-painted on a school wall, police said.

Walk into a court house with one. Better yet, walk into the White House tour line with one, shitforbrains.

Are you really afraid of an alarm clock? I can understand someone being afraid of something they aren't familiar with, but after what it is is explained to them only an idiot would still be afraid.

He's a minor so they will not be releasing his name or picture anytime soon.

True. If the smoke gets out, the device will quit working.

Subject: The theory of electricity by Joseph Lucas

Positive ground depends on proper circuit functioning, which is the transmission of negative ions by retention of the visible spectral manifestation known as "smoke". Smoke is the thing that makes electrical circuits work.

We know this to be true because every time one lets the smoke out of an electrical circuit, it stops working.

This can be verified repeatedly through empirical testing.

For example, if one places a copper bar across the terminals of a battery, prodigious quantities of smoke are liberated and the battery shortly ceases to function. In addition, if one observes smoke escaping from an electrical component such as a Lucas voltage regulator, it will also be observed that the component no longer functions. The logic is elementary and inescapable!

The function of the wiring harness is to conduct the smoke from one device to another. When the wiring springs a leak and lets all the smoke out of the system, nothing works afterward.

Starter motors were considered unsuitable for British motorcycles for some time largely because they consumed large quantities of smoke, requiring very unsightly large wires.

It has been reported that Lucas electrical components are possibly more prone to electrical leakage than their Bosch, Japanese or American counterparts. Experts point out that this is because Lucas is British, and all things British leak. British engines leak oil, British shock absorbers, hydraulic forks and disk brake systems leak fluid, British tires leak air and British Intelligence leaks national defense secrets.

Therefore, it follows that British electrical systems must leak smoke. Once again, the logic is clear and inescapable.

In conclusion, the basic concept of transmission of electrical energy in the form of smoke provides a logical explanation of the mysteries of electrical components especially British units manufactured by Joseph Lucas, Ltd.

And remember: "A gentleman does not motor about after dark."

Joseph Lucas "The Prince of Darkness" 1842-1903

A few Lucas quips:
• The Lucas motto: "Get home before dark."
• Lucas is the patent holder for the short circuit.
• Lucas - Inventor of the first intermittent wiper.
• Lucas - Inventor of the self-dimming headlamp.
• The three-position Lucas switch--DIM, FLICKER and OFF.
• The Original Anti-Theft Device - Lucas Electrics.
• If Lucas made guns, wars would not start
• Back in the '70s, Lucas decided to diversify its product line and began manufacturing vacuum cleaners. It was the only product they offered which did not suck.

Q: Why do the British drink warm beer?
A: Because Lucas makes their refrigerators.

Q: Why did the British never become a big factor in computer development?
A: Because they couldn't figure out a way to make a computer leak oil.

It takes extreme dedication to start an electronics hobby. The main obstacle is the immutable law of nature that demands any person soldering a circuit will eventually touch some part of his body, or in extreme cases his young child who happens to be watching, with the hot soldering iron. It's best to go ahead and burn yourself right off instead of being surprised when it happens.

Forum List

Back