Is tolerance and respect a two way street?

The vast majority of Liberals are very tolerant of people who hold different opinions.

There is a small minority of 'liberals' AND people who are not by any means 'liberals' who are intolerant.

However, tolerating other people's viewpoints is limited to the truthfulness and genuineness of those viewpoints.

There is a huge tendency for conservatives to promote views that are ridiculously and obviously false, and are completely disingenuine.

They seem to have a cultists attitude:

"Believe what I say, no matter how ridiculous and disingenuine, and you will be accepted in our cult!"

This conscience promotion of blatant falsehoods can not be tolerated!

Hmmm, So its ok for you to tolerate different opinions as long as YOU consider them true and genuine? Think about what you just said. That is the definition of intolerance.

Name an opinion you strongly disagree with, but you tolerate it.

Then prove that you tolerate it.

And republicans didn't try to get rid of Obama from day 0ne??

get rid of him? no. Stop his far left hatred of this country? yes

Obama also had the entire media constantly worshiping him no matter what he did. He was the Kenyan messiah, they could not utter a single negative word about him.

So you admit that conservatives were wholly INTOLERANT of Obama's liberal views?

the dems were invited to participate in the healthcare debate and refused to participate. Is that being reasonable?
No it's not reasonable but I'm sure it follows much unreasoning by Republicans 8 years under Obama and republicans were reasonable? The point is it's got to start somewhere and both parties must give an inch

I guess you forgot what Obama said shortly after he was elected

"elections have consequences"
"we won"
"republicans can move to the back of the bus"

He started this shit and you dems backed him.

I agree that both sides need to forget their parties and do what is needed for the country. The dems need to accept that Trump won and Hillary lost.
And did you conveniently forget what McConnell said about Obama?? And yes trump won and look at all the shit he's brought with him His own party knows he's an AH Gov'ts around the world know it Seems like the only ones who don't are his base who would follow him into hell

McConnell and the GOP in congress were determined to stop Obama's far left policies and ideology, it was not personal, grow the fuck up.

Trump is doing what he was sent to DC to do. Make the USA first again, put American citizens first again, create a business friendly environment creating jobs in this country, take a strong position with both our friends and our enemies, drain the swamp in DC of the leeches in both parties, repeal obamacare,

what you fools really fear is that he is succeeding.

Far left? Obama is a centre right conservative by any reasonable definition.

American politics has moved so far to the right, that Ronald Reagan, who was considered to be radically right wing when elected, is now considered by many Republicans to be a RINO.

If it wasn't "personal", why did Republicans vote against EVERTHING Obama proposed, even stuff like programs for veterans, help for the children of Flint Michigan, and other bi-partisan initiatives that any reasonable human being would support? Why have they passed these same initiatives now that a Republican is in the White House?

If it wasn't personal, why did they vow that Obama would be a one-term President, and have "nothing to run on".

If it wasn't personal, why did Republicans vote against their own best interests, why are they doing nothing but dismantling the policies that gave you 72 months of continuing gains in employment, tripled the stock market, and has ultimately reduced war and conflict throughout the world.

In 6 short months, that stability has been threatened in a very real way. And idiots are celebrating the very idea of using nuclear weapons.

As venal and corrupt that Bush and Cheney were, they did not threaten anyone with nuclear war. Besides, Cheney needed that ground war so Haliburton could prosper.

One take-away from all of this is that when Trump goes unscripted, he sounds just as stupid, arrogant and just as bat shit crazy as Un. When you speak in a crazy person's language, you're talking crazy too.

the GOP voted against those bills because every one of them contained far left add on provisions that were unacceptable. Those bills were an attempt to sneak liberal provisions in under the guise of things everyone was in favor of.

Trump has not threatened anyone with nuclear war. North Korea has done the threatening. Trump has told them in no uncertain terms that if they take such a stupid step that the USA will retaliate and destroy little fat boy and his nation. Truman did the same thing and then followed through with it-----Truman was a democrat, remember?

The vast majority of Liberals are very tolerant of people who hold different opinions.

There is a small minority of 'liberals' AND people who are not by any means 'liberals' who are intolerant.

However, tolerating other people's viewpoints is limited to the truthfulness and genuineness of those viewpoints.

There is a huge tendency for conservatives to promote views that are ridiculously and obviously false, and are completely disingenuine.

"Believe what I say, no matter how ridiculous and disingenuine, and you will be accepted in our cult!"

Hmmm, So its ok for you to tolerate different opinions as long as YOU consider them true and genuine? Think about what you just said. That is the definition of intolerance.

man made global warming. I strongly disagree with it, but I do not participate in violent protests to stop the prophet algore from speaking.

Obama also had the entire media constantly worshiping him no matter what he did. He was the Kenyan messiah, they could not utter a single negative word about him.

So you admit that conservatives were wholly INTOLERANT of Obama's liberal views?

damn right. but not one of them staged violent protests and destroyed public and private property, not one of them attacked police, see the difference?

man made global warming. I strongly disagree with it, but I do not participate in violent protests to stop the prophet algore from speaking.

How many liberals out of the 10's of millions in this country have participated - violently - in a violent protest on this issue?

damn right. but not one of them staged violent protests and destroyed public and private property, not one of them attacked police, see the difference?

Neither have I. Why are you trying to pass off violent protests perpetrated by liberals as so widespread and common that it can fairly be labeled normal liberal behavior?

How many liberals out of the 10's of millions in this country have participated - violently - in a violent protest on this issue?

you tell me.

a better question is how many liberals condemned those who did participate in violence and trying to suppress free speech.

Neither have I. Why are you trying to pass off violent protests perpetrated by liberals as so widespread and common that it can fairly be labeled normal liberal behavior?

because that kind of behavior is condoned by liberals in the media, Hollywood, and congress.

All dems would like from Republicans is REASON Be reasonable and we have a better chance of getting along and making America greater

the dems were invited to participate in the healthcare debate and refused to participate. Is that being reasonable?
No it's not reasonable but I'm sure it follows much unreasoning by Republicans 8 years under Obama and republicans were reasonable? The point is it's got to start somewhere and both parties must give an inch

"we won"

I agree that both sides need to forget their parties and do what is needed for the country. The dems need to accept that Trump won and Hillary lost.
And did you conveniently forget what McConnell said about Obama?? And yes trump won and look at all the shit he's brought with him His own party knows he's an AH Gov'ts around the world know it Seems like the only ones who don't are his base who would follow him into hell

McConnell and the GOP in congress were determined to stop Obama's far left policies and ideology, it was not personal, grow the fuck up.

Trump is doing what he was sent to DC to do. Make the USA first again, put American citizens first again, create a business friendly environment creating jobs in this country, take a strong position with both our friends and our enemies, drain the swamp in DC of the leeches in both parties, repeal obamacare,

LOL if you call what your AH in the WH is doing as succeeding you are rowing a boat with 1 oar And not personal?? Sure it was personal and ANTI American

you tell me.

a better question is how many liberals condemned those who did participate in violence and trying to suppress free speech.
How many republicans backed police killing unarmed blacks?? All or just most?

tc? Are there churches and synagoges in muslim countries? does sharia law treat non muslims with tolerance and respect?

If that's your bar for measurement, you must not have a very high opinion of this country.

Do the sexual deviants tolerate and respect those who find their lifestyles offensive?

Sexual deviants? Huh? You mean the current President who likes to have Russian hookers pee on him? That's pretty deviant. A mail-order bride from Eastern Europe is also kinda deviant too, particularly one so much younger than him.

Do the global warmers and vegans tolerate and respect the views of those who disagree with them?

There is nothing to disagree about with regard to Climate Change; you either accept the science or you live in denial. Not sure what vegans have to do with anything, but they're a gigantic pain in the ass. I loathe whenever my vegan relatives come to visit because it means we can't go to any good restaurants.

Did the rioters at Berkley tolerate and respect the views of the conservative speakers scheduled to speak there?

Who fucking cares? Are Conservative egos so fragile that they can't handle people protesting them? You expect me to be tolerant of your intolerance. Why should I?

Do those who want open borders tolerate and respect the views of those who want controls on immigration?

Why do you want to "control immigration"? And what does "control immigration" entail? Does it entail cracking down on migrant labor while the current President imports foreign workers to work at his domestic resorts, like he did last week? Why didn't Trump hire Americans? Are we to believe that only foreigners know how to wait tables and clean hotel rooms?

I don't see any tolerance and respect from the left while they demand it from everyone else.

So I am supposed to tolerate your intolerance? How bout you get the fuck over yourself? Why is that not an option?

The nitty gritty
Somebody wrote an opinion piece warning Trump about the little fat guy with the downright heinous haircut, saying something about how he can't out-crazy crazy. Personally, I think he can.

We're not talking a snowball fight or a soccer match. These nutjobs both got nukes!

"we won"

Far left? Obama is a centre right conservative by any reasonable definition.

American politics has moved so far to the right, that Ronald Reagan, who was considered to be radically right wing when elected, is now considered by many Republicans to be a RINO.

If it wasn't "personal", why did Republicans vote against EVERTHING Obama proposed, even stuff like programs for veterans, help for the children of Flint Michigan, and other bi-partisan initiatives that any reasonable human being would support? Why have they passed these same initiatives now that a Republican is in the White House?

If it wasn't personal, why did they vow that Obama would be a one-term President, and have "nothing to run on".

If it wasn't personal, why did Republicans vote against their own best interests, why are they doing nothing but dismantling the policies that gave you 72 months of continuing gains in employment, tripled the stock market, and has ultimately reduced war and conflict throughout the world.

In 6 short months, that stability has been threatened in a very real way. And idiots are celebrating the very idea of using nuclear weapons.

As venal and corrupt that Bush and Cheney were, they did not threaten anyone with nuclear war. Besides, Cheney needed that ground war so Haliburton could prosper.

One take-away from all of this is that when Trump goes unscripted, he sounds just as stupid, arrogant and just as bat shit crazy as Un. When you speak in a crazy person's language, you're talking crazy too.

the GOP voted against those bills because every one of them contained far left add on provisions that were unacceptable. Those bills were an attempt to sneak liberal provisions in under the guise of things everyone was in favor of.

Trump has not threatened anyone with nuclear war. North Korea has done the threatening. Trump has told them in no uncertain terms that if they take such a stupid step that the USA will retaliate and destroy little fat boy and his nation. Truman did the same thing and then followed through with it-----Truman was a democrat, remember?

Yeah I remember Truman. The world said "Never again" after Hiroshima and Nagasaki.

The UN has told Trump to cut out the aggressive rhetoric. It's not helping. Tillerson, McMaster and Mattis are telling the press there is no danger that the US will use nukes. It's just bluster.

The very first thing a parent learns when dealing with toddlers is "Don't make a threat you're not going to follow through on".

But what's most troubling, are the number of idiots here who think that use of a nuclear weapon by Un, would free the US to retaliate with nukes. To those who would spout such idiocy I would say "You're drunk. Go home".

because that kind of behavior is condoned by liberals in the media, Hollywood, and congress.

That's because bombings of mosques, shooting of innocent unarmed civilians are happening at such an alarming rate that even unarmed middle class yoga instructors in their PJ's are being killed when calling for police assistance.

Hate crimes have tripled. Immigrants, minorities and Jews are being attacked, their places of worship are being attacked, and conservatives are t even mentioning this violence.

Trump invited cops to rough up suspects and the cops cheered. At his rallies, Trump calls the press "enemies of the people" and the crowd turns angrily on the press in attendance. He urged his fans to rough up protestors.

This isn't governance. It's a demagogue inciting his followers to violence.

Not many signs that any
side on this board have been tolerant,
the crazy's are getting so loud it's now a sin to try & be civil to each other.

Forum List

Back