Is This Woman Fat?

Noomi

Ninja Kicker
Jul 6, 2012
Australia
This woman is what the average Australian woman looks like, in weight and in height. She weighs 70 kilos, which is around 154 pounds:

18157-1_n.jpg

People on the street were asked if they believed her to be overweight, and their responses actually shock and disgust me:

871-1.jpg

To me, she is healthy. Not overweight. I don't give a stuff if her BMI says she is borderline overweight, because if we relied on the crap that is the Body Mass Index, footballers would be obese!

What do you think? I am skinnier than she is, about ten kilos lighter, but I don't think she looks even remotely fat. She looks normal.

She's over-weight and holding onto extra fat. And it's not all about looks, it's that carrying that extra fat baggage leads to countless health concerns. Looking at her frame, she would be perfectly healthy at about 15 pounds lighter.

Not too much overweight, however the muffin top created by the too tight spandex sort-of-pants makes it look worse.

Just needs a little tone.

Nope, she isn't fat, she may want to lose 20 lbs. in the Summer. I always like to be about 5 lbs. over in the winter, it seems crazy but I don't get sick as often if I keep my weight up a little.

She's out of shape and about 20 lbs. over. That word "Fat", it's a little cruel.

Nope, she isn't fat, she may want to lose 20 lbs. in the Summer. I always like to be about 5 lbs. over in the winter, it seems crazy but I don't get sick as often if I keep my weight up a little.

She's out of shape and about 20 lbs. over. That word "Fat", it's a little cruel.

Its just an unflattering outfit as well. A wise woman once said, "Spandex is a privilige, not a right"

Its just an unflattering outfit as well. A wise woman once said, "Spandex is a privilige, not a right"

Stuff anyone that is 5 lbs overweight into too small spandex and they'll look fat.

I agree.

She's a tad chunky but her posture is like an ape. I suppose that is to accentuate the slight extra poundage, but if she were stand tall with her shoulders back and not dressed like she just woke from a nap, she would look lovely. Pretty face.

It is about body measurements which are a direct indicator of % of body fat.

When people start ignoring how much you weigh and concentrate on how fit and how much body fat you have (as determined by measurements) then we'll all be better off.

She looks dumpy and overweight. I don't care how much she weighs, but about her fitness and body fat content.

I'm sorry Noomi, but what you really are asking here is, "Does she look unappealing in this condition?"

The answer is, yes and has nothing to do with her weight.

A fit and trim body will always be more appealing (AND 100's of times more healthy).....

• Thanks
Reactions: 007
She's over-weight and holding onto extra fat. And it's not all about looks, it's that carrying that extra fat baggage leads to countless health concerns. Looking at her frame, she would be perfectly healthy at about 15 pounds lighter.

I think she looks a bit over weight, but not anything major, and she is probably pretty average.

Also, current studies show that being somewhat overweight does not lead to health problems, and a person who is the size of this women would live just as long and be just as healthy as a thin person. Current studies show being somewhat over weight is not a health concern.

However, in looks, yes, to me she looks overweight, but not anything serious.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back