• Yes!

Votes: 5 35.7%
  • No

Votes: 4 28.6%
  • Depends...

Votes: 5 35.7%

• Total voters
Shattered said:
I'm sure he didn't make it a point to spit in the spoon before handing it back to her..
You don't have to spit in the spoon for the saliva to do it's job once it's in the food. Try it. Take a bite of some and return the spoon to it. Put it in the frig. It will turn watery.

..and how the hell was he supposed to taste it, if not off the spoon she offered it to him on??
Yes, I find his wife to be at fault here. She should have offered the sample on a spoon she wasn't intending to use again.

Joz said:
You don't have to spit in the spoon for the saliva to do it's job once it's in the food. Try it. Take a bite of some and return the spoon to it. Put it in the frig. It will turn watery.

Yes, I find his wife to be at fault here. She should have offered the sample on a spoon she wasn't intending to use again.

I cook a lot, and always taste what I'm making.. Typically, one eats the entire contents of the spoon, as it's only a small drop, so it's all going in to your mouth.. I don't know anyone that licks their lips before tasting either, so your lips are generally dry as well..

At the rate you're going, you have to use 10 different spoons just to make a 1-2 course meal, since you can never put the same spoon in more than once.. unless you don't taste what you cook, which is dangerous as well.

Most people share a lot more than spit with their spouses, so I still don't get it. :)

Merlin1047 said:
Hey - you're female and can't help it. :teeth:

Some months ago I came home from work, greeted the wife with a big sloppy kiss then proceeded to park my butt in front of the computer. After a while the spouse comes in carrying a spoon which contained a sample of something that she said was supper. She wants me to try it because I am the resident spice expert.

So I took the spoon, put it in my mouth and analyzed the contents. As soon as I put the spoon into my mouth, the wife goes "Eeeeewww. Your weren't supposed to put the spoon in you mouth. I was cooking with that."

Now this puzzled the poop out of me. I pointed out to her that not only was she going to put this spoon back into her cauldron - err, aah I mean pot of boiling stuff, but not 10 minutes before we had been swapping spit in the kitchen.

She said "that's different".

Oooookay. Makes sense to me.

dick. :finger3:

i don't care about stuff like that, because i figure i already have my husband's cooties, i mean, i DID give birth to his son.

it's not germs i am worried about-i have a pretty tough immune system. it's just a manners thing. even a few of my other co-workers feel the same way about it. we just can't seem to pinpoint who does it. i have a good idea, but i don't have any hard evidence.

Forum List

Back