Is this racist?

What's the answer if the salseperson were David Duke?

What's the answer if the salesperson were Sheila Jackson Lee?

What's the answer if the salesperson were Mother Theresa?

In all three caes the salesperson could claim their actions were based on dislike of people with an attitude, but in the first two cases the historical reference of racial bias would either consiously or subconsiously skew that claim....
So does that make it racist?

IS THIS RACIST?

Bush_Ape_similarities.jpg

In all three caes the salesperson could claim their actions were based on dislike of people with an attitude, but in the first two cases the historical reference of racial bias would either consiously or subconsiously skew that claim....

If the person is a known racist, then that possibility most certainly exists and cannot be ignored...

This isn't rocket surgery... Why are you having a problem with it?

the proper analogy that ravi is trying to get across (sherrod) would be

persons car breaks down...takes the car to a mechanic to get it fixed, the mechanic thinks of nothing but the persons race and how [insert ethnic group] people's cars break down all the time, and the mechanic doesn't like the superior attitude so, instead of fully helping him fix his car, he sends him on to one of his own kind and doesn't help him until the person comes back and says...that mechanic you sent me to did not fix my car, i'm desperate, can you help....

now...is the above racist?

well....come on ravi...can't answer the question

Prolly the most annoying group -- of any ethnicity -- are teenagers. I was once an annoying teenager myself, and yet, I find it almost impossible to tolerate the annoying conduct of present day teenagers. Sitting in traffic next to a 16 year old and 10 of his friends in a chevy with a stereo system so loud my car actually rocks and my heart beat is regulated makes me wanna drag the kid out by his hair and smack the shit out of him.

Is this racist? Sexist? Ageist? Mebbe.....but it's human. That kid's goal was to aggravate people like me, and he succeeded.

Life is not (usually) one episode of "Life on the Prairie" after another.

Forgive yourself, Ravi. People who scour their conscience for signs of racial injustice are not usually guilty of much in the racism department.

If the person is a known racist, then that possibility most certainly exists and cannot be ignored...

This isn't rocket surgery... Why are you having a problem with it?
Because I never really know what other people mean when they claim someone is a racist.

persons car breaks down...takes the car to a mechanic to get it fixed, the mechanic thinks of nothing but the persons race and how [insert ethnic group] people's cars break down all the time, and the mechanic doesn't like the superior attitude so, instead of fully helping him fix his car, he sends him on to one of his own kind and doesn't help him until the person comes back and says...that mechanic you sent me to did not fix my car, i'm desperate, can you help....

well....come on ravi...can't answer the question

:eusa_whistle:

Because running away doesn't mean anyone forgets. :thup:

:lol:

This is borderline retarded.
not hiring someone because of their skin color is racist.
Not renting or selling a house to someone because of color.
Physically or verbally abusing someone because of color.
there is way too much real racism going on, and minutiating vagaries belittles a huge problem.

there is way too much real racism going on, and minutiating vagaries belittles a huge problem.

all racism is real you nincompoop

but i know you only believe whites and gop can be racist

I can't make my mind up about this.

Say you are working in a tractor store and someone of a different ethnic background comes in to buy something and they cop a superior attitude.

If you sell them the inferior tractor because their attitude annoyed you are you being racist?

I've never known a farmer that didn't know exactlty what he was buying when it comes to tractors. Perhaps you should use an automobile sale as an example. The purchaser wouldn't cop a superior attitude unless the salesman was a total dumbass. Price would be the only consideration. Most farmers and ranchers repair their own equipment.

Say you are working in a tractor store and someone of a different ethnic background comes in to buy something and they cop a superior attitude.

If you sell them the inferior tractor because their attitude annoyed you are you being racist?

What if they actually ARE superior to you?

I consider this whole thing a lesson in NOT COPPING A SUPERIOR ATTITUDE WHEN YOU ARE ASKING SOMEONE FOR HELP.

When someone comes to me for some assistance, and they are acting all highfalutin', I'm liable to not want to help them to the best of my abilities, regardless of their race.

I'M THE SUPERIOR ONE HERE, MUTHAFUCKAS!!!

Need more info...

Is there a history of not liking people of a different ethnic background by the salesperson?

Also, can you define "inferior"? Is it a lower feature model or one that you know is defective?

One other important question: will this interaction be taped, edited for content, and posted on Breitbart?

all racism is real you nincompoop

but i know you only believe whites and gop can be racist

I know you pose as a lawyer and a grand wizard:cuckoo:

Yurt, I'm ignoring your attempt to derail the thread. I guess an effort by Yurt to derail threads is the price one pays for making him look like a moron.

Only if you did it because of his or her race.

It depends on your mindset....not theirs.

Yep. There isn't many murkins where I live but the ones that are here are obnoxious motherfuckers and every time they go into a store with " Isn't ANYONE here smart enough to speak Ingrisch? "
They get fucked.
They sometimes look at me and ask me to translate. I just laugh and tell them to go the fuck home.

If you did it because they had a cocky attitude, then no, it is not racist.

(regardless, it is pretty silly to let a person's attitude get to you in that manner, but it would NOT be racist to give back, in a manner that reflects what you were given...if this is what you decided to do.)

I know when I was in school and selling shoes part time, customers with "attitudes" got inferior service from all the sales people there....

who had the time to waste with people that had an attitude, when we were all on commission?

Most salesmen just moved on to the next customer who appreciated their service in waiting on them.

(I was the salesperson, that usually got stuck with the customer, the other salespeople ran like the dickens, and my patience lead the person to me)

Not me. I'd simply be guilty of treating an asshole like an asshole.

Forum List

Back