Is there a single Vax advocate on this board with kids under 5 getting them vaxxed?

MarathonMike

Diamond Member
Dec 30, 2014
The Southwestern Desert
I asked this question awhile ago and got zero responses. So I'll ask again. With all the enthusiastic support for the Covid Vaccine, I would think there would be at least one vax supporter with young kids willing to state they are getting their kids vaxxed and why they think that is a good idea. Let's see how this goes. This isn't about flaming, I just want to hear from someone with a true vested interest express their confidence in this vaccine.

I asked this question awhile ago and got zero responses. So I'll ask again. With all the enthusiastic support for the Covid Vaccine, I would think there would be at least one vax supporter with young kids willing to state they are getting their kids vaxxed and why they think that is a good idea. Let's see how this goes. This isn't about flaming, I just want to hear from someone with a true vested interest express their confidence in this vaccine.
I don't fit your request, but no, mine are adults but they have a couple young ones that aren't getting the jab either. All of us have had the boogie man virus and survived so I guess we have natural immunity--just like illegal immigrants.

I have confidence for me, but at my age, you know I don't have kids under five. Confidence for me goes only so far, and it is due to my positive history with vaccines. The idea of kids under five taking it would make me nervous. They seem to react to things, so damn fast when they react and that young, there is very little track record of how they react, even to vaccines we've used since we were all little kids.

My brother & his family are anti-vax so covid put my 7yr old nephew into the ER & hospital for days. That hospital bill would have paid to vaccinate hundreds of children. This is their 3rd time catching covid, so natural immunity is bullshit!

My other anti-vax brother's family & children have also fought through multiple rounds of covid.

Then there are the 5 of us sibling & parents who got vaccinated & never caught the virus.

Last edited:
I have confidence for me, but at my age, you know I don't have kids under five. Confidence for me goes only so far, and it is due to my positive history with vaccines. The idea of kids under five taking it would make me nervous. They seem to react to things, so damn fast when they react and that young, there is very little track record of how they react, even to vaccines we've used since we were all little kids.
Exactly. Additionally, the data that does exist says kids under 5 are virtually bulletproof against this virus.

My brother & his family are anti-vax so covid put my 7yr old nephew into the ER & hospital for days. That hospital bill would have paid to vaccinate hundreds of children. This is their 3rd time catching covid, so natural immunity is bullshit!

My other anti-vax brother's family & children have also fought through multiple rounds of covid.

Then there are the 5 of us sibling & parents who got vaccinated & never caught the virus.
Glad to hear they all survived. The same findings have occurred with the flu.

Only for compromised children whose benefit outweighs the risk

Exactly. Additionally, the data that does exist says kids under 5 are virtually bulletproof against this virus.
Number suggesting they may be little more than carriers or seriously endangered themselves to the virus are slim, just shy of not existing. Little kids fast reactions is pretty common, such as sudden colds and fevers, not serious if addressed or close to more competent medical care. Some reactions in older people have been quite severe, reflecting unknown or unsuspected serious systemic risks in certain people.
Parents should not go "blind obedience" in my opinion, as that is foolhardy. If in the position, as I was with 3 back in the day, I would consult my Pediatrician and discuss it, along with family histories of parents and grandparents in making the decision, and like I say, all the time, it is very important to have a selected family physician, the knows you and your family history, along with a selected pediatrician. This has gotten to be a convenient care/emergency room society, and it is stupid and foolhardy in the extreme.

Number suggesting they may be little more than carriers or seriously endangered themselves to the virus are slim, just shy of not existing. Little kids fast reactions is pretty common, such as sudden colds and fevers, not serious if addressed or close to more competent medical care. Some reactions in older people have been quite severe, reflecting unknown or unsuspected serious systemic risks in certain people.
Parents should not go "blind obedience" in my opinion, as that is foolhardy. If in the position, as I was with 3 back in the day, I would consult my Pediatrician and discuss it, along with family histories of parents and grandparents in making the decision, and like I say, all the time, it is very important to have a selected family physician, the knows you and your family history, along with a selected pediatrician. This has gotten to be a convenient care/emergency room society, and it is stupid and foolhardy in the extreme.
I agree. There are children who are immune deficient or might otherwise be at risk but statistically they are a very small percentage. I'm only talking about kids in this thread, anyone who is obese, old, with lung problems etc should do everything they can to protect themselves. All other adults should make the best decision for themselves but not the govt. pushing an experimental vaccine on the public. Again jmo. My kids were over 21 when Covid hit and they made their own decisions. The oldest one decided against it and the younger got fully vaxxed and boosted.

Agreed if I did have a small child. Besides, I think that kids have better immunity than adults do too.

Last edited:
Agreed if I did have a small child. Besides, I think that kids have better immunity than adults do too.
The immune system question on age is controversial by default because it's an experimental vaccine with no history against a virus whose origin is kept dramatized and esoteric. Children's immune systems may not be fully mature as late as 12 years of age. Russian roulette.

Forum List

Back