Is There A Perfect Person

Discussion in 'Economy' started by WillowTree, Jan 15, 2010.

1. WillowTree

WillowTree Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +14,756
    who can explain to me why obamalama is punishing the banks who have paid back their debts with interest by taxing bonus money paid to their executives?? Why punish the ones who have done the right thing? Why wouldn't he tax the person receiving the bonus? Why doesent he include GM when he shouts in perfect pitch "I want our money back."

An imperfect mind is clearly curious.. it doesn't know what the perfect people know..

2. uscitizen

uscitizen Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,807
    Perfection has millions upon millions of faces.

3. The Rabbi

The Rabbi Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +18,215
    Because GM is now owned by the unions, which support Obama. And because banks poll very low in public opinion so they make good targets for abuse and confiscation.
    Whoever says Obama doesn't pay attention to polls is either lying or oblivious. Possibly both.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  4. California Girl

California Girl BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +8,965
    Stupid liberals (and there is a plethora of them) believe banks to be evil. :lol::lol::lol: Liberals are dumb.

5. WillowTree

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +14,756
    you gotta get with the program.. liberals are perfect.. they know everything there is to know. they have cornered the markets on know all ed ness, morality, compassion,, and perfectedness.

6. Vanquish

Vanquish Vanquisher of shills

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +358
    Willow...willow. You're rising in the ranks of my favorite mental patient.

Have you only just now discovered forum boards? Surely you, in your infinite wisdom, will admit there are people on both sides who think they know everything? I'm sure you wont...I'm sure you think "all liberals are teh devul. All republicans = patr33iots!" Or will be be level-headed and concede there are bad apples on both sides?

Myself, I'm a centrist. I dont think either "side" has it right. I'd rather go with the ideas that work best, not a side that I've decided to be on based on Ann Coulter's short skirt or Obama's new hip hotness.

As for punishing the banks...yes some of them should be punished. Any bank who had anything to do with selling these exremely risky mortgage bundles SHOULD be punished for taking risks that were soooooo outside the realm of calculated, reasonable risk that it brought an entire country into depression. NPR played an excerpt from the investigation where the CEO from Goldman Sachs admitted that they were even betting against the securities that they were propping the country up with. Not just a hedge fund with a smart counterbalance to equity securities - but actively creating instruments that had an equal opportunity to fail as they did to succeed (or worse) - and trying to make money on the failure too.

Someone should go to jail for that.

7. WillowTree

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +14,756

I only know that the perfect people are in charge,, they know everything. Being the imperfect person I am I am finding it most difficult to understand why the lead perfect person would punish a bank that has returned all the money it borrowed with interest.. I'm just too imperfect and dumb to understand the wisdom of that kind of punishment..

8. Vanquish

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +358
    Really? Really. You're taking your ball and going home? You're going to post the same "perfect" drivel over and over instead of discussing the issues? You're wasting everyone's time.

9. WillowTree

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +14,756
    That's just the perfect response.. Yes it is.. :clap2:

10. Vanquish

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +358
    Perfect. Glad you liked my perfect response. Thread closed.