Is the US Falling From Within?

Annie

Diamond Member
Nov 22, 2003
Hanson has 4 part series found here, just look to the left side index:

http://victorhanson.com/index.html

Ending quote of part 4:

The Left now lives in a world without facts or particulars and the accompanying baggage of consistency. It is deeply suspicious and yet also envious of those who wield power, and believe there is no absolute and unbiased political, economic, or political criterion by which the United States can claim any exceptionalism or even much merit. So into this gathering storm, blew in a savvy Mullah Omar, Osama bin Laden, and Saddam Hussein, and the result is a gale force meanness and craziness here at home the like of which we have not seen this century.

What is so perturbing and chilling is that the Democrat Party has been hijacked by the Far Left and now has a national forum from which to operate. This will only polarize the country further. It is a real danger to our society when you have a major political party whose operating philosophy is “there is no real absolute standard of good or bad, right or wrong, but simply interpretations and views, whose “correctness” is predicated on…power”; therefore, “when facts do not exist, we can invent our own reality” (see Part Three of Hanson’s articles). Moderate and conservative Democrats should be greatly alarmed at what has happened to their party and should be banding with Zell Miller to denounce the current state of affairs and working within their party to reclaim it from the zealots on the left.

• Thanks
Reactions: 007
This was posted awhile back by someone else, but I think it's worth looking at again. It's the Communist Party Goals that were presented to the House of Represenatives in 1963. I'm not saying it means anything, I'm just saying it makes me raise an eyebrow.

http://www.uhuh.com/nwo/communism/comgoals.htm

The things that jumped out at me:

11. Promote the U.N. as the only hope for mankind. If its charter is rewritten, demand that it be set up as a one-world government with its own independent armed forces.

15. Capture one or both of the political parties in the United States.

16. Use technical decisions of the courts to weaken basic American institutions by claiming their activities violate civil rights.

20. Infiltrate the press. Get control of book-review assignments, editorial writing, policymaking positions.

21. Gain control of key positions in radio, TV, and motion pictures.

24. Eliminate all laws governing obscenity by calling them "censorship" and a violation of free speech and free press.

28. Eliminate prayer or any phase of religious expression in the schools on the ground that it violates the principle of "separation of church and state."

Blah, blah, blah...When will Republicans learn, one reason why our government isn't a tyranny or an oligarchy is because the party not in power tries to constantly screw over the other. Its that simple. Happened under Clinton, happening under Bush, and it will happen under Kerry.

Palestinian Jew said:
Blah, blah, blah...When will Republicans learn, one reason why our government isn't a tyranny or an oligarchy is because the party not in power tries to constantly screw over the other. Its that simple. Happened under Clinton, happening under Bush, and it will happen under Kerry.

Nah, ahole, it may or may not happen under Bush AGAIN!

DKSuddeth said:
not imagining that even the republican party might be overtaken by a powerful minority is the equivelant of putting your head in the sand.

You've yet to post a logical post. F*** O**

insein said:
Settle Kathi. If you let these libs get to you, itll be a long 4 weeks.

lol Dk and I have already discussed.

Jimmyeatworld said:
This was posted awhile back by someone else, but I think it's worth looking at again. It's the Communist Party Goals that were presented to the House of Represenatives in 1963. I'm not saying it means anything, I'm just saying it makes me raise an eyebrow.

http://www.uhuh.com/nwo/communism/comgoals.htm

The things that jumped out at me:

11. Promote the U.N. as the only hope for mankind. If its charter is rewritten, demand that it be set up as a one-world government with its own independent armed forces.

15. Capture one or both of the political parties in the United States.

16. Use technical decisions of the courts to weaken basic American institutions by claiming their activities violate civil rights.

20. Infiltrate the press. Get control of book-review assignments, editorial writing, policymaking positions.

21. Gain control of key positions in radio, TV, and motion pictures.

24. Eliminate all laws governing obscenity by calling them "censorship" and a violation of free speech and free press.

28. Eliminate prayer or any phase of religious expression in the schools on the ground that it violates the principle of "separation of church and state."

Holy shit. #'s 16, 24, and 28 sent up some red (pardon the pun) flags in my mind...

Forum List

Back