Is the Springfield Armory gun maker dead to you, after they supported anti gun silliness?

Wow some people apparently are willing to forgive anything as long as they get their jollies. I'm ready to send my Springfield back to the company because I'm ashamed to own it given their actions. Anyone that believes they didn't know what their lobbyists were up to is living in la la land. If they didn't know they sure should have. I wouldn't buy another SA if it cost a nickel. And there's a good chance you will be able to get them for that price soon. I did like their company but not now. The Sgt. Shultz approach to politics doesn't wash with me.

I just saw the new Springfield Armory pistol.....it is brand new and for me, it looked interesting and a possible buy.........but then......I looked at the comments section and the posters there said that Springfield Armory was dead to them......

I looked deeper....

The anti 2nd Amendment nuts in Illinois have passed through the state House new gun control laws that do nothing to stop criminals or mass shooters, but simply ratchet down on our rights.....and backing it....for a cut out in the law...Springfield Armory, and Rock Island Armory....

So...I called them and told them I would not be buying their new gun, and how stupid they were to side with this anti gun crap at the same time they are releasing a brand new pistol......during the week of the NRA convention.....

Screw em...

This was the pistol.....the one I will no longer think about picking up....plus magazines........

Hands-On With Springfield Armory's New XD-E 9mm Hammer-Fired Pistol - The Truth About Guns

This is the stupid thing they did.....

Springfield Armory, Rock River Arms Trade Opposition to Illinois FFL Licensing Scheme for Carve-Out - The Truth About Guns

Earlier today, the Illinois State Senate passed bill SB-1657 by a one-vote margin. While its prospects are still unsure in the House, if signed by Governor Bruce Rauner, the new law will mandate state licensing for all Illinois gun dealers. It will also restrict all others in Illinois to nine firearm transfers per year.

The lobbyist for the Illinois Firearms Manufacturers Association (IFMA), Jay Keller, traded that group’s opposition to the bill in exchange for a carve-out, removing Prairie State firearms manufacturers from the licensing requirements.

Two companies provide the bulk of the funding for IFMA: Springfield Armory and Rock River Arms.

Call them.....and let them know how stupid they are....selling out their customers...for no gain....

They only produced 3 guns I'd want.

They don't make them anymore, so eh. :dunno:

I just saw the new Springfield Armory pistol.....it is brand new and for me, it looked interesting and a possible buy.........but then......I looked at the comments section and the posters there said that Springfield Armory was dead to them......

I looked deeper....

The anti 2nd Amendment nuts in Illinois have passed through the state House new gun control laws that do nothing to stop criminals or mass shooters, but simply ratchet down on our rights.....and backing it....for a cut out in the law...Springfield Armory, and Rock Island Armory....

So...I called them and told them I would not be buying their new gun, and how stupid they were to side with this anti gun crap at the same time they are releasing a brand new pistol......during the week of the NRA convention.....

Screw em...

This was the pistol.....the one I will no longer think about picking up....plus magazines........

Hands-On With Springfield Armory's New XD-E 9mm Hammer-Fired Pistol - The Truth About Guns

This is the stupid thing they did.....

Springfield Armory, Rock River Arms Trade Opposition to Illinois FFL Licensing Scheme for Carve-Out - The Truth About Guns

Earlier today, the Illinois State Senate passed bill SB-1657 by a one-vote margin. While its prospects are still unsure in the House, if signed by Governor Bruce Rauner, the new law will mandate state licensing for all Illinois gun dealers. It will also restrict all others in Illinois to nine firearm transfers per year.

The lobbyist for the Illinois Firearms Manufacturers Association (IFMA), Jay Keller, traded that group’s opposition to the bill in exchange for a carve-out, removing Prairie State firearms manufacturers from the licensing requirements.

Two companies provide the bulk of the funding for IFMA: Springfield Armory and Rock River Arms.

Call them.....and let them know how stupid they are....selling out their customers...for no gain....

They only produced 3 guns I'd want.

They don't make them anymore, so eh. :dunno:

I have a Springfield 1884 Model .45-70 my father gave me in 1951. He bought it when he was 10 years old in 1926 for 50 cents. He shot his first legal buck the day I was born and I got mine on my 14th birthday. It has a lot of sentimental value to me but my favorite big game rifle is a Remington 7mm Magnum. I have never bought any Springfield firearms.

My first M-1 rifle in 1957 was manufactured by International Harvester Corporation. I was kind of surprised by that. Besides Springfield Arms and IHC, Harrington & Richardson produced M-1s.

Springfield 45-70

7mm Magnum

IHC M-1

Forum List

Back