Is the knowledge of good and evil, good or evil?

For you, me, and Adam to answer this question; we need the knowledge of good and evil.

Adam may have needed what he was denied by Yahweh to know if the tree of the knowledge of all things, is good or evil to eat from. As scriptures say, he was mentally and morally blind without it.

You and I cannot see any better than Adam could when our mental eyes are blind on issues and without knowledge of them.

It seems that Yahweh put Adam in a catch 22. Damned to being mentally blind and as bright as a brick and unable to reproduce or condemned to death if he educated himself.

Regards
DL

Neither good nor evil exists outside of the mind of man

Seriously? You think police officers committing murder is not real but just in men's minds?
So you think evil just floats around and lands on people or maybe it's inhaled like a virus and that causes cops to kill people?

For you, me, and Adam to answer this question; we need the knowledge of good and evil.

Adam may have needed what he was denied by Yahweh to know if the tree of the knowledge of all things, is good or evil to eat from. As scriptures say, he was mentally and morally blind without it.

You and I cannot see any better than Adam could when our mental eyes are blind on issues and without knowledge of them.

It seems that Yahweh put Adam in a catch 22. Damned to being mentally blind and as bright as a brick and unable to reproduce or condemned to death if he educated himself.

Regards
DL

Good exists. Evil doesn’t.

Do hot and cold exist outside the mind of man?

What about light and darkness?

There is no physical quantification of good or evil.

When there is a thermometer that can measure the evil in the air let me know.
How about right and wrong? Or fair and unfair? Can you quantify that?

You are missing the main point Jesus taught - for us to love Jehovah and our neighbor. These are the 2 greatest commandments in the Bible according to Jesus - see Matthew 22:37-40. Jesus likewise taught us to love our enemies - see Matthew 5:44.

Love is the most important point - see John 13:34.

1 John 4:8
Whoever does not love has not come to know God, because God is love.+

How much did Eve love God?

Regards
DL

Seriously? You think police officers committing murder is not real but just in men's minds?
So you think evil just floats around and lands on people or maybe it's inhaled like a virus and that causes cops to kill people?

Nope. Where did you get that idea? We all have free will.

Regards
DL

Does cold exist? Does darkness exist?

Yes and they can be quantified

When you can measure "evil" let me know.

WHat would one unit of evil be called do you think?

Maybe we should call it a Satan or a Lucifer.

So tell me how many Lucifers must be present in the air for a murder to be committed?
Then think of good and evil in terms of right and wrong; fair and unfair. Because that's what they are.

So does fairness exist?

Regards
DL

You are missing the main point Jesus taught - for us to love Jehovah and our neighbor. These are the 2 greatest commandments in the Bible according to Jesus - see Matthew 22:37-40. Jesus likewise taught us to love our enemies - see Matthew 5:44.

And if I don't believe in the god you believe in what then?

People do what they do for their own reasons. It has nothing to do with outside forces.

Regards
DL

Exactly so evil does not exist except as a value judgement on someone else's choices therefore it exists only in the minds of men ( or women)

Regards
DL

So tell me how many Lucifers must be present in the air for a murder to be committed?
Then think of good and evil in terms of right and wrong; fair and unfair. Because that's what they are.

So does fairness exist?

Depends on where you live. Here we have fair weather - only a few clouds. Sure is hot though!

Hope you don't mind my sense of humor, btw.

Regards
DL

Exactly so evil does not exist except as a value judgement on someone else's choices therefore it exists only in the minds of men ( or women)
You mean like right and wrong? Or fair and unfair?

You did say that right and wrong existed, right?

Regards
DL

So cold does not exist. Only heat exists. Darkness does not exist. Only light exists.'

Cold is the absence of heat and darkness is the absence of light.

Evil doesn't exist either. Evil is the absence of good.

Unfairness doesn't exist. Unfairness is the absence of fairness.

Regards
DL

Nope. Actions speak louder than words - or thoughts.

Jehovah warned Cain concerning his anger - he did not have to murder his brother:

Genesis 4:6,7
Then Jehovah said to Cain: “Why are you so angry and dejected? 7 If you turn to doing good, will you not be restored to favor?* But if you do not turn to doing good, sin is crouching at the door, and its craving is to dominate you; but will you get the mastery over it?”

Regards
DL

Jehovah warned Cain concerning his anger - he did not have to murder his brother:

Then Jehovah said to Cain: “Why are you so angry and dejected? 7 If you turn to doing good, will you not be restored to favor?* But if you do not turn to doing good, sin is crouching at the door, and its craving is to dominate you; but will you get the mastery over it?”

That has nbothing to do with the existence of good or evil as some kind of force that affects behavior

Regards
DL

That has nbothing to do with the existence of good or evil as some kind of force that affects behavior

Sounds like Star Wars to me! We don't believe that. But it makes good science fiction!

Regards
DL

Sounds like Star Wars to me! We don't believe that. But it makes good science fiction!

So then where do good and evil exist?

Hmm. ... Just a moment ago I spoke with my wife about the little bird, which was fallen out of his nest some days ago. We saw now in a film, what professionals are doing in such cases, so we are convinced, it was the best to do nothing - what we did do after a longer discussion. It existed a good chance the parents were able to save their baby. Or a cat got a breakfast. Now we don't know, and never will know, what had happened. But we hope it was the best.

And how are you? Did you fight successfully today in the morning with your breakfast, so you are more evolved now?
Like I said before, all things work for good.

You don't have perfect knowledge. God does.

If so - what is this good for?
Peace through the storm.

You may not know how. You may never know how. But you should have faith that it does. Or not.

God is not only god for optimists.
True. In fact, some might say he saves his best work for pessimists.

God is also not only god for pessimists.
True. God loves optimists. He created them.

Your call. It's a choice.

No. I believe for example we live in the best of all possible worlds. Leibniz said so - and the longer I thought about this crazy idea the more I found out he is astonishingly right. But within this best of all possible worlds everything is also able to go totally wrong on no special reason - otherwise it would not be the best of all possible worlds.
Then you are saying the same thing as I am.
Yes
Everything works for good. Wouldn't it be boring to live life with no challenges?
Yes
Only time will tell if I am more evolved today than I was yesterday.

Good grief ... It was a joke to say so.
You have an odd sense of humor.

Maybe. English people say often Germans have no humor at all. That's an odd sense of humor from my point of view. Nevertheless very amusing.
They are a very serious people. Maybe too serious. God loves laughter. He created it.

But I don't measure my progress on a daily basis. Because then I would have to ask myself why I didn't measure my progress on an hourly basis or a minute basis or a second basis. No. Progress is best measure through events. We are all being tested.
Yes
Some understand this and ask themselves what it was they were supposed to learn from their struggles; their challenges; their obstacles.
Wisdom needs not to learn. Wisdom is what it is. Problems have from time to time be solved, that's all.
Wisdom, like truth, is discovered.
I made something wrong in my life - and my life became a disaster and I had to change everything - then I made the same thing in the same way wrong again - and it became a much more wonderful life, with the help of god.
So you are still saying the same thing as I am. Everything works for good.
No. Most people in my situations of life would be just simple dead now. This makes nothing and no one right or wrong or good or bad. It is just simple what it is. God asked me to come back and voila: here I am. And if I make something wrong then I will go to hell. There is no try nor any lesson.
We learn something from everything. Even when you get it wrong. Everything is a lesson. Everything is a test.
Some don't and have to repeat the lesson until they do.
Life is no lesson. Life is life.
Life is a gift. Every experience is a lesson and a test.
God gives life - not lessons. I'm sure we know what god makes sad and what makes him smile. Everyone of us.
You are splitting hairs. Life is full of lessons. We are all being tested and we are all being pruned.
Says a nerd, who loves grades in school?
Did I? Not really. But I love life and I love God.
But I have faith that everything turns out the way it was supposed to turn out and that good comes from it. Others don't and go through life unhappy. It's a choice.
Everyone is unhappy who is not like you?
That's quite a leap in logic you are making.
The author of the apocalypse was boiled in oil from the Romans. He survived with the help of god. Don't try to tell me now that was good for him and everyone has to be unhappy, who is not able to pay the same price.
Again, you don't have perfect knowledge, God does. Ask God what good came from this.

No. I never ask god something about others. He gives no answers in such a case.
That's your call but how do you know until you ask?

And did you ever think about that you have much to much fatalistic rules for god and other human beings?
I see it the other way around. You believe God created evil. I don't.

no comment

Regards
DL

Yes. Deepest temperature 0°K = -273.15°C. Darkest material see: MIT engineers develop “blackest black” material to date

Last edited:

Regards
DL

I guess much more than any of her children today.

Regards
DL

Yes. Deepest temperature 0°K = -273.15°C. Darkest material see: MIT engineers develop “blackest black” material to date
I thought Germans were supposed to be able to understand science.

Good and evil is a construct of man. It is an artifact of intelligence. The account of the Two Trees is basically saying that. It was ancient man's way of saying that man is different.

No it doesn't say it's a man's construct,
you have serious reading comprehension issues.

G-d refers to human heart as evil, not man.
But you can try censor the text to fit your delusions.

Good and evil is a construct of man. It is an artifact of intelligence. The account of the Two Trees is basically saying that. It was ancient man's way of saying that man is different.

No it doesn't say it's a man's construct,
you have serious reading comprehension issues.

G-d refers to human heart as evil, not man.
But you can try censor the text to fit your delusions.
It doesn't say it's not.

So you believe that God created an evil human heart?

Regards
DL

No shit Sherlock.

how do you measure evil?

Forum List

Back