Is sci fi too liberal?

JakeWIlls92

Gold Member
Apr 6, 2014
Not a Star Wars or Star Trek fan but I love action, adventure, and badass weapons and spaceships!

I think the term spaceship is boring! I prefer the word orbital battlecruiser or stealth attack destroyer!

Most of the people I know who read sci fi books or watch sci fi TV are left wing and moderate.

The people I know who are right wing are into reality TV, Sitcoms, Fox News, and/or religious programming.

So is there a perception that the genre is too liberal? Too scientific? And don't these people know about the sci fi books with badass military people as protagonists?

inlg.jpg

Sci-fi wouldn't be hopeful if it didn't dream of a future without poor, inequality and of better for humanity. The right wing wishes to see people suffer long into the future. Hell, a right wing version of it wouldn't have any exploration (no space exploration or need to explore anything!)and will probably be like Brave heart.

Or maybe two countries at war with each other and the right wing general as in someone like Patton marches his troops into the capital of the defeated nation.

Last edited:
What will get these people into space battles?

The only chance within a right wing universe is if China attempts to control space militarily. Then you might see the right wing support doing the same. Otherwise, the enterprise would probably be named corporate asteroid mining ship one! As that is all the right wing cares about 1. money and 2. war.

Sci-fi too liberal???? No wayyyyyy

No way Jose! :nono:

I like sci-fi a lot! :biggrin:

SciFi, westerns, some game shows, covert/secret agent, NO reality shows, No to Fox news.

We need a TV show featuring a space military commander and his badass spaceship!

Not a Star Wars or Star Trek fan but I love action, adventure, and badass weapons and spaceships!

I think the term spaceship is boring! I prefer the word orbital battlecruiser or stealth attack destroyer!

Most of the people I know who read sci fi books or watch sci fi TV are left wing and moderate.

The people I know who are right wing are into reality TV, Sitcoms, Fox News, and/or religious programming.

So is there a perception that the genre is too liberal? Too scientific? And don't these people know about the sci fi books with badass military people as protagonists?
Wow. Scraping the bottom of the stupid barrel I see

Starship Troopers was pretty right wing.

most successful societies in the future are Benevolent Dictators usually in control of some important commodity, like the fuel that allows space ships to travel faster than light, protecting the masses from themselves.

like in the Sten series.

or in charge of a militarized human race out to get revenge for their planet being destroyed as in Star Force Series, or Extinction wars.

Don't forget Dune, all those books in that series the empire was controlled by an emperor. A society that espoused computer technology because AI was out to exterminate them.

Star Wars was a Republic vs an Empire. The game Star Wars took it further than that when another Empire conquered them both. Afterwards the Alliance turned into a puppet Republic controlled by a single Female Benevolent Militaristic Dictator.

Star Trek had a lot of Capitalism in it but Earth was a Communist Utopia where nobody worked that didn't want to, belonging in the military was only for the smartest, best, luckiest. If you wanted to do any research and didn't have enough dole to do it yourself you had to apply to the Federation for assistance. Everything was rationed via their molecular creator out of nothing food machine which also made guitars, and other stuff too.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back