Is Putin's aggression the result of Parkinson's and 'roid rage?

shockedcanadian

Diamond Member
Aug 6, 2012
An interesting article that provides one theory. Who knows how accurate his assessment is?

The former head of the British secret service claims Russian strongman Vladimir Putin may have Parkinson’s and his volatile behaviour could be linked to the steroids he’s taking to battle the muscle disease.

Sir Richard Dearlove told GB News that Putin is suffering from symptoms such as “loss of restraint.” Given that he has his finger on the nuclear button, Dearlove said it was particularly worrying.

“What’s also worrying is the speculation, and it is speculation, that maybe Putin’s behaviour, maybe his rationality is prejudiced or compromised by illness,” he told GB News. “The best explanation, that we don’t know whether it’s correct or not, is that he may have Parkinson’s.”

He added: “That certainly I’ve heard from several neurologists who say that loss of restraint, psychosis, are very common Parkinson’s symptoms.”

Another opinion trying to be news. None of this is actually true which is why the author of the piece says he has no idea whether it's correct or not.

An interesting article that provides one theory. Who knows how accurate his assessment is?

The former head of the British secret service claims Russian strongman Vladimir Putin may have Parkinson’s and his volatile behaviour could be linked to the steroids he’s taking to battle the muscle disease.

Sir Richard Dearlove told GB News that Putin is suffering from symptoms such as “loss of restraint.” Given that he has his finger on the nuclear button, Dearlove said it was particularly worrying.

“What’s also worrying is the speculation, and it is speculation, that maybe Putin’s behaviour, maybe his rationality is prejudiced or compromised by illness,” he told GB News. “The best explanation, that we don’t know whether it’s correct or not, is that he may have Parkinson’s.”

He added: “That certainly I’ve heard from several neurologists who say that loss of restraint, psychosis, are very common Parkinson’s symptoms.”
I'm not sure if I'd prefer this was because of a medical condition, or just the standard deadly behaviors of any brutal dictator.

Last edited:
The real problem is there is no one that Putin is accountable to, and Republicans wanted to do the same thing with Trump. Why so many people want to be ruled by authoritarian, one person rule I cannot explain.

Forum List

Back