Is PA Next?

Zoom-boing

Platinum Member
Oct 30, 2008
East Japip
This is interesting.

According to the Franklin and Marshall poll, which surveyed 1,143 residents of Pennsylvania, former Representative Pat Toomey--a Republican disciple of Steve Forbes and the Club for Growth--leads Democratic Senator Arlen Specter in the senate race by 44 to 34 percent among likely voters. He leads Democratic Representative Joe Sestak by 38 to 20 percent. If you want to get really worried about Democratic prospects, look at the breakdown. Toomey leads Specter among whites by 53 to 24 percent and among voters from union households by 44 to 41 percent. The only groups among whom Specter does well (besides registered Democrats) are non-whites and people with no religious affiliation. He’s got that vaunted McGovern coalition wrapped up. Sestak, of course, does even worse, but he is still an unknown quantity in Pennsylvania. Specter and Toomey, who has run before, are well known to Pennsylvania voters.

If you really want to get depressed, look at the findings about the Tea Party movement. Sixty-two percent of Pennsylvanians know something about the Tea Party movement. Of these, 85 percent of Republicans, 58 percent of Independents, and 28 percent of Democrats (!) either strongly or somewhat support the movement. You can say that most voters don’t know how wacky some of the Tea Party’s ideas are, but what they do know is that it stands in strident opposition to the Obama administration and the status quo in Washington. That should be enough to send shivers through the timbers of Democrats in Washington.

Keystone Blues | The New Republic

The data included in this release represent the
responses of 1143 adult residents of Pennsylvania, including 954 registered adults
(481 Democrats, 340 Republicans, 111 registered as Independent/Other, and 22 who
refused to identify party).

http://edisk.fandm.edu/FLI/keystone/pdf/keyfeb10_1.pdf

Benedict Arlen is going down. He's obviously burned his bridge with Republicans by virtue of his betrayal. But nobody likes a sniveling turncoat who's only out to save his own wrinkly old ass. Independents won't like that. It lacks any semblance of integrity. He's been running against Democrats for all these years, and his manners leave so much to be desired that I can't imagine he hasn't offended them badly in campaign after campaign.

The wages of sin, I suppose, in this case will be political death. Couldn't happen to a smarmier guy if you ask me. :eusa_whistle:

Last edited:
He is set till november, isn't he?

I was reading somewhere that he was loosing in the Dem primary. That wouldn't surprise me either.

Arlen Sphincter is a horse's ass of the first order. He was losing in the GOP primary and Pres Bush came and helped his campaign (wasn't this against Toomey? Cant recall). Sphincter won and then opposed Bush's policies, finally turning Democrat. He had cut a deal to retain his chairmanships. After he switched the Dums decided they weren't bound by that deal and stiffed him. What a sap. He deserves to lose. And Toomey deserves richly to win.

He is set till november, isn't he?

I was reading somewhere that he was loosing in the Dem primary. That wouldn't surprise me either.

He seems to have a significant lead over Sestak. Of course, in politics I dont think that matters.

Since Ive been trying to knock Sestak out of Congress the last few years, I can say he would be a horrible choice. He has been a horrible representative and everything Ive seen shows that he has a temper and is unpleasant to people.

Arlen Sphincter is a horse's ass of the first order. He was losing in the GOP primary and Pres Bush came and helped his campaign (wasn't this against Toomey? Cant recall). Sphincter won and then opposed Bush's policies, finally turning Democrat. He had cut a deal to retain his chairmanships. After he switched the Dums decided they weren't bound by that deal and stiffed him. What a sap. He deserves to lose. And Toomey deserves richly to win.

It was against Toomey. I voted fo Toomey then.

Forum List

Back