Is One of These Your Favorite TV Show?

I DVR the shows I like so I can skip the commercials. Grimm, the Black list, and Person of interest.

I like the FX shows like Fargo and Justified.

BBC has a show called Orphan Black that's pretty good.

yea i do the same and i watch all them except Orphan Black....the BBC had 2 good Cop shows that took place in the 19th Century ....Copper and Ripper Street....

Orphan Black rocks. Totally love the show.

I started watching Revolution and liked it (I like end of the world/apocalypse type shows) but when it went on 'hiatus' I never bothered watching it when it came back. I knew it would get cancelled. They cancel all the shows that are different ... Jericho, Flash Forward, My Own Worst Enemy, Lie To Me. Lie To Me! I'm still pissed about that.

I decided that instead of investing in a new show that I'd mark it on Sidereel then wait and see if the show sticks. If it does, I can just go back and watch it. If not, nothing lost.

Is Hostages coming back or was that just some kind of mini-series?

Blacklist is another show that looked good but I haven't watched yet. Looks like it's sticking around so I'll watch it over the summer.

Intelligence ... Josh Sawyer was the draw for that but I have no idea if it got picked up or booted, never watched it.

I still never caught up on Falling Skies from last year. The new season starts in about a month ... better get on that.

Fell way behind on Grimm too.

Call the Midwife (PBS but its a BBC show) is fantastic. Also, anyone ever watch The Graham Norton Show (BBC America)? OMG it's hilarious!

Blacklist is good and it has been renewed.....

I DVR the shows I like so I can skip the commercials. Grimm, the Black list, and Person of interest.

yea i do the same and i watch all them except Orphan Black....the BBC had 2 good Cop shows that took place in the 19th Century ....Copper and Ripper Street....

I caught Ripper St on Netflix. Good Show. Haven't seen Copper yet

I forgot about Copper, didn't quite catch up on that from last year either. That didn't get the ax, did it?

There was an entire category of shows completely ignored - Hispanic soap operas!!!!

I wish the darn things would go away. My wife keeps getting me hooked on them and, even though I have no idea how the characters are related, I can't stand waiting to see what the next emergency or infidelity is going to be!!!!! :(

I saw about half of one episode of The Crazy Ones. Not funny. Pointless.

I really wanted Intelligence to succeed, but I couldn't believe how stupid it was. Yet another example of the program people wanting us to believe that some 105 pound waif is a fearsome ball-buster. Just ridiculous.

I watched Believe regularly, but there was simply too much nonsense in the scenario to be "Believed." Even if you buy the idea of a little girl with psycho-kinetic powers, the rest of it was just preposterous.

It's amazing, really, how these programs come into existence and either stay or get tossed.

I really liked Vegas, a one-season program that I thought was pretty well done. Hell, I would have watched just to see that Jones babe on my TV screen.

And they bring back Under the Dome - a show that was supposed to be a mini-series, based on a horrible book, because it was too popular to kill at the end of the story.

I caught Ripper St on Netflix. Good Show. Haven't seen Copper yet

Copper takes place in NYC shortly after the Civil War....it like Ripper Street shows early Det. work and Forensics....i dont know why it was cancelled after 2 seasons, it supposedly had better ratings than Doctor Who....

I forgot about Copper, didn't quite catch up on that from last year either. That didn't get the ax, did it?

see post #48....

So I’ve watched the season finale’s of Revenge and Person of Interest, and I don’t see how they can be renewed. Both stories came to a conclusion in the final episodes. I guess when they wrote the final episodes they had to cover the possibility that they would not be renewed.

A similar thing happened last year on The Mentalist. The fictitious agency that the players worked for, the California Bureau of Investigation, was disbanded. Then they show up next year and all get hired by the FBI? In Texas. Hmm.

A curious phenomenon.

I like Pawn Stars. They get a lot of cool stuff in that Pawn shop.

Had a friend go there when they were visiting vegas. They said the shop was super tiny, very dirty and they had to stand in line that was all the way down the block. And of course, the guys were not there. They only tape on special days and hand pick "customers" to allow in to make it look busy. He said it was a dump.

Actually, that's about what I would have expected. I have never been in a pawn shop that you couldn't get tetanus. Those dudes throw some money around, though.

So I’ve watched the season finale’s of Revenge and Person of Interest, and I don’t see how they can be renewed. Both stories came to a conclusion in the final episodes. I guess when they wrote the final episodes they had to cover the possibility that they would not be renewed.

A similar thing happened last year on The Mentalist. The fictitious agency that the players worked for, the California Bureau of Investigation, was disbanded. Then they show up next year and all get hired by the FBI? In Texas. Hmm.

A curious phenomenon.

I just finished watching the season 3 finale of Person of Interest. That was not at all conclusive! It's totally open-ended. What it did was change the dynamic of the show, but certainly didn't conclude the story.

I just finished watching the season 3 finale of Person of Interest. That was not at all conclusive! It's totally open-ended. What it did was change the dynamic of the show, but certainly didn't conclude the story.

I salute the PoI writers there. They had a very successful basic storyline going for 3 years, and tossed it away, throwing everyone out of their comfort zone. Takes guts. (I won't go into more specifics, being this isn't a thread for spoilers. People can go watch the last few episodes online if they want to see.)

Anyway...the only "shows" I watch are Survivor, Big Brother, Amazing Race, Chopped, Hell's Kitchen, Face Off, Best Ink (sometimes), Master Chef, Cutthroat Kitchen and of course my Frasier.

I loath Gordon Ramsey; and I was rather hoping that when he began swearing at hapless American restauranteurs that one of them might have the decency to put a bullet in his knee.

Tangent: Anyone watching the Black Box?

IMO after watching a couple episodes, I think the main character in this show is the worst bit of casting I have ever seen. Totally un-believable as a doctor/physician, she has the appearance and the demeanor of some whore you could pick up at a biker bar for the cost of a shot of tequila and a beer. What were they thinking?

Now that I'm banned from a forum with a great TV thread, guess I'll start my own here.

Forum List

Back