Is Kim Davis wrong? Or is the Supreme Ct wrong about requiring acceptance of same-sex "marriage"?

Well since I stated "Old Testament" in my post- yeah it does matter regarding what I said.

Doesn't matter. You didn't write the Bible. It is God's word, not your word. There are other places in the Bible that speak against homosexuality, thus making your premise incorrect. But you can keep calling us superstitious.

The bible was written by men, not god, 2000 years ago. You want to base today's laws on 2000 year old superstitions?
The difference between right and wrong never changes.

So all the "rights" in the bible when in was written are still "right" today? You REALLY want to go with that? Are you sure you've actually read the bible? You know it's chock full of instructions on how to treat your slaves? Slavery was very "right" according to the bible. Are you aware that the bible calls for mutilations for crimes like prostitution? Is that still the "right" thing to do?
Some parts of the Bible are a history lesson, and other parts are a lesson on life. Not all of the Bible is a tech manual containing a check list on how we are supposed to live our lives. So your literal interpretation of the Bible shows that you don't have the Holy Spirit guiding you. If you did, you wouldn't be so confused about what the Bible contains and what it's purpose is.

Another thing, slavery 2000 years ago was often quite different than it was 200 years ago. Back then, slavery was a normal way of paying off debts. The treatment of slaves was supposed to be humane, not inhumane. Slaves were the poor who obligated themselves to servitude of those they owed and it was considered a crime to mistreat a slave. Maybe you should read up on it. I think the crimes that Egypt committed against their Hebrew slaves was more an exception than the rule. Many countries in the Middle-East today still have a form of slavery. Abuses still exist.

But I'm not going to try to convince you of anything. You are living a sinful lifestyle. You want absolution from it, and the left has offered some form of imaginary forgiveness to you. The Bible is the only way you can find it, but instead you comb through it looking for faults and misinterpreting its purpose. You want to remove your guilt for you sins any way possible, and if it means destroying your country by putting in the WhiteHouse a man or woman who doesn't have this country's best interests in mind, then so be it. Your emotions seem to have overruled your common-sense, and that is exactly what the left needs to get what they want. They always need a useful idiot and a scapegoat because despite all of their promises, life will never get better as long as they have anything to do with it. If it happens by accident they'll take full credit for it, but they will continue to use you and steal from you, and look down on you, all they while they are telling you how much they care for you. But the moment they don't need you anymore, they' drop you like a bad-habit in favor of some other special-interest group.

Well since I stated "Old Testament" in my post- yeah it does matter regarding what I said.

Doesn't matter. You didn't write the Bible. It is God's word, not your word. There are other places in the Bible that speak against homosexuality, thus making your premise incorrect. But you can keep calling us superstitious.

The bible was written by men, not god, 2000 years ago. You want to base today's laws on 2000 year old superstitions?

So all the "rights" in the bible when in was written are still "right" today? You REALLY want to go with that? Are you sure you've actually read the bible? You know it's chock full of instructions on how to treat your slaves? Slavery was very "right" according to the bible. Are you aware that the bible calls for mutilations for crimes like prostitution? Is that still the "right" thing to do?
Some parts of the Bible are a history lesson, and other parts are a lesson on life. Not all of the Bible is a tech manual containing a check list on how we are supposed to live our lives. So your literal interpretation of the Bible shows that you don't have the Holy Spirit guiding you. If you did, you wouldn't be so confused about what the Bible contains and what it's purpose is.

Another thing, slavery 2000 years ago was often quite different than it was 200 years ago. Back then, slavery was a normal way of paying off debts. The treatment of slaves was supposed to be humane, not inhumane. Slaves were the poor who obligated themselves to servitude of those they owed and it was considered a crime to mistreat a slave. Maybe you should read up on it. I think the crimes that Egypt committed against their Hebrew slaves was more an exception than the rule. Many countries in the Middle-East today still have a form of slavery. Abuses still exist.

But I'm not going to try to convince you of anything. You are living a sinful lifestyle. You want absolution from it, and the left has offered some form of imaginary forgiveness to you. The Bible is the only way you can find it, but instead you comb through it looking for faults and misinterpreting its purpose. You want to remove your guilt for you sins any way possible, and if it means destroying your country by putting in the WhiteHouse a man or woman who doesn't have this country's best interests in mind, then so be it. Your emotions seem to have overruled your common-sense, and that is exactly what the left needs to get what they want. They always need a useful idiot and a scapegoat because despite all of their promises, life will never get better as long as they have anything to do with it. If it happens by accident they'll take full credit for it, but they will continue to use you and steal from you, and look down on you, all they while they are telling you how much they care for you. But the moment they don't need you anymore, they' drop you like a bad-habit in favor of some other special-interest group.

What is clear is that you're a cafeteria Christian. Taking the parts that support your prejudices and rejecting those that don't or that point out your own "sins". The bible was clear, according to the bigots, that your relationship is sinful, but that's okay with you because you don't support their views. Guess what? I don't support yours and more people are going with my POV, that there's nothing wrong with being gay and that it's not immoral.

No, I don't want absolution. I'm fine just the way I am and don't need religious validation.

Davis is wrong by not following law she swore to follow. Some Christian.
She didn't swear to commit sacrilege.

She has remarried 3 times.
She has refused to obey authority.

She is committing sacrilege.

It's funny too, that you're attacking her her marital life while you demand that she tolerate the marital life of gay couples.

Judge much?

That's just pointing out her hypocrisy.

Thank you, Jerry Falwell, for that wonderful sermon.

What is clear is that you're a cafeteria Christian. Taking the parts that support your prejudices and rejecting those that don't or that point out your own "sins". The bible was clear, according to the bigots, that your relationship is sinful, but that's okay with you because you don't support their views. Guess what? I don't support yours and more people are going with my POV, that there's nothing wrong with being gay and that it's not immoral.

No, I don't want absolution. I'm fine just the way I am and don't need religious validation.

Denial isn't just a river either. That little voice you sometimes hear is what those who have one call a conscience.

Obviously values and morals only exist for someone like you to criticize Christians.

Well, I did my part.

Have a nice day.

Denial isn't just a river either. That little voice you sometimes hear is what those who have one call a conscience.

Obviously values and morals only exist for someone like you to criticize Christians.

Well, I did my part.

Have a nice day.

My conscience and my morals don't need your religion. They're fine without it.

I'm not criticizing all Christians, just the cafeteria ones like you that would use the same bible that was used against your relationship against someone else.

Of course, why should I be surprised...you're fine with the Loving decision that allowed your marriage, but the one that allowed mine is "tyranny".

Well, I did my part.

Have a nice day.

I'm not criticizing all Christians, just the cafeteria ones like you that would use the same bible that was used against your relationship against someone else.

Of course, why should I be surprised...you're fine with the Loving decision that allowed your marriage, but the one that allowed mine is "tyranny".

No, its just wrong...

-Geaux

Well, I did my part.

Have a nice day.

I don't think you make your case stronger by showing your obvious bigotry.

For the record.......I support your right to marriage with silence the same as I do with abortion. I don't agree with it, but I feel if you want it that badly, who am I to say no. Doesn't mean I condone it or want it for myself or those close to me.

The problem here is, Obama isn't legitimate. Oh, he got elected, but he had to hide his goals and his history to make it happen. He didn't do anything for you other than place a couple of activist judges on the court to alter the meaning of the constitution to fit your purposes. I think how you do it is more important than what you did. If you were dishonest and deceptive I believe that a stain on your victory ruins it. You probably feel that the ends justify the means......any means.....especially when it comes to putting this grabastic outright fraud in a position he doesn't deserve, nor is qualified for.

What I'm trying to say is, you sold out your security to elect a lying POS community-organizer and we are in terrible peril because of it. I figured most of the damage is irreparable by now. The revelation will become apparent after 2016 i'm afraid.

Last edited:

Well, I did my part.

Have a nice day.

For the record.......I support your right to marriage with silence the same as I do with abortion. I don't agree with it, but I feel if you want it that badly, who am I to say no. Doesn't mean I condone it or want it for myself or those close to me.

So basically the same way racist bigots today treat your marriage. They "suffer in silence" too. :lol:

The problem here is, Obama isn't legitimate. Oh, he got elected, but he had to hide his goals and his history to make it happen. He didn't do anything for you other than place a couple of activist judges on the court to alter the meaning of the constitution to fit your purposes. I think how you do it is more important than what you did. If you were dishonest and deceptive I believe that a stain on your victory ruins it. You probably feel that the ends justify the means......any means.....especially when it comes to putting this grabastic outright fraud in a position he doesn't deserve, nor is qualified for.

What I'm trying to say is, you sold out your security to elect a lying POS community-organizer and we are in terrible peril because of it. I figured most of the damage is irreparable by now. The revelation will become apparent after 2016 i'm afraid.

And we're back to the birtherism bovine feces.

59347918.jpg

Well, I did my part.

Have a nice day.

So basically the same way racist bigots today treat your marriage. They "suffer in silence" too. :lol:

59347918.jpg

Lady, you can't stop people from hating.

A few years ago I heard some old fart was talking about me being married to a Black woman.....that it means I'm black too. He said he would murder his children if they even dated blacks.....

How do you deal with people like that?

You can't......just stay away from them.

Same goes with homophobic assholes. Stay away from them. I can get along with anyone in the LBGT community. They have rights just like me.
Some people aren't like that. They hate you because they're assholes.

The primary disagreement I always have with gay activists is their penchant for ignoring the terrible flaws in the Democratic Party. Their outright hypocrisy and the double-standards. You cut them slack because they give you a little something. This time it was a marriage license. 20 years ago was that really that important to you? Nope. They created this issue out of thin air....it's essentially a scam to trick you into ignoring all of the other things they're busy doing. Trust me.....they're just pushing your buttons. They know what will convince you to vote for them and they use it.

Btw, I despise fake Christians as much as you do. They literally give me the creeps. But when it comes to my faith, I always remember one important thing. That man Jesus died for me.....and for you. They beat him so badly he should have died even before they nailed him to a cross. He had a choice to escape and go into hiding, but he stayed and took it. He suffered from the most terribly unimaginable treatment......without complaints. I owe him my life. I may not be the best Christian but I swear I will try to be worthy of his sacrifice. And that means being a witness to people who ask for it. Those who don't.....no hard feelings.

Last edited:

Well, I did my part.

Have a nice day.

59347918.jpg

Lady, you can't stop people from hating.

A few years ago I heard some old fart was talking about me being married to a Black woman.....that it means I'm black too. He said he would murder his children if they even dated blacks.....

How do you deal with people like that?

You can't......just stay away from them.

Same goes with homophobic assholes. Stay away from them. I can get along with anyone in the LBGT community. They have rights just like me.
Some people aren't like that. They hate you because they're assholes.

The primary disagreement I always have with gay activists is their penchant for ignoring the terrible flaws in the Democratic Party. Their outright hypocrisy and the double-standards. You cut them slack because they give you a little something. This time it was a marriage license. 20 years ago was that really that important to you? Nope. They created this issue out of thin air....it's essentially a scam to trick you into ignoring all of the other things they're busy doing. Trust me.....they're just pushing your buttons. They know what will convince you to vote for them and they use it.

Btw, I despise fake Christians as much as you do. They literally give me the creeps. But when it comes to my faith, I always remember one important thing. That man Jesus died for me.....and for you. They beat him so badly he should have died even before they nailed him to a cross. He had a choice to escape and go into hiding, but he stayed and took it. He suffered from the most terribly unimaginable treatment......without complaints. I owe him my life. I may not be the best Christian but I swear I will try to be worthy of his sacrifice. And that means being a witness to people who ask for it. Those who don't.....no hard feelings.

Seriously, what does ANY of that have to do with anything said?

I don't give a shit what the bigots think or say, I care about when they try to legislate their bigotry. (For example: bans on gay marriage AND interracial marriage.)

Both bad laws struck down by the SCOTUS.

Is the murder of women and children right or wrong?

If someone orders his commanders to murder women and children is that wrong?

I happen to think it is wrong- and has always been wrong.

Well, I did my part.

Have a nice day.

'terrible peril'? LOL

Really- what is this 'peril' you are so terrified of?

Well, I did my part.

Have a nice day.

The problem here is, Obama isn't legitimate. Oh, he got elected, but he had to hide his goals and his history to make it happen. He didn't do anything for you other than place a couple of activist judges on the court to alter the meaning of the constitution to fit your purposes. I think how you do it is more important than what you did. If you were dishonest and deceptive I believe that a stain on your victory ruins it. You probably feel that the ends justify the means......any means.....especially when it comes to putting this grabastic outright fraud in a position he doesn't deserve, nor is qualified for..

LOL- how did President Obama 'hide his history'?

How was President Obama any more 'dishonest and deceptive' than any other President?

Hell your fellow travellers complain when Obama does exactly what he said he would try to do when he was running for election.

He said he would pull our troops out of Iraq.
He said he would surge in Afghanistan
He said he would push for healthcare insurance reform
All parts of his 2008 platform- all issues I am sure you disagree with him following through on.

President Obama has put two judges on the court- who you call 'activists' because you disagree with how they have ruled- but those two judges only mattered when they voted with 3 or more other judges.

Whether or not President Obama was or is qualified is up to the voters- and in 2012 the voters once again said you are full of shit.

The Constitution (Amendment 1) says "Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof...."

And the 14th amendment said that what applied to the Fed govt, now applies to state and local govts too. Meaning, no govt can make a law as described by the 1st amendment.

A basic tenet of many religions in this country is that homosexuality is a sin, and is forbidden. That was true in George Washington's time, and is just as true now.

If Congress makes a law saying that people (such as county clerks) must accept a homosexual same-sex "marriage", hasn't Congress (and/or the county govt of Rowan County, Kentucky) violated the 1st amendment?

Why did they jail Kim Davis? Sounds like they should have jailed the Congressmen (or county govt officials) who voted for the law instead, and possibly the affirming justices of the Supreme Court too.
Issuing State Licenses because you work for the state doesnt mean you personally accept gay marriage.

Logic fail.

Being VOLUNTARILY employed where shes employed, which we ALL ARE in America......noone is forcing anything on her. Do your fucking job or get a different one. Kinda simple.

Kentucky voted against gay marriage. Kim Davis was voted for by the majority of voters in her district. She owes it to those who voted for her to uphold their views. The Supreme Court was not voted for by the people. They need to stick to Federal Law and stay out of State matters. What they are presently doing goes against the Bill of Rights and Family Values.

The ideology that a person can have sex with whatever he wishes has NOTHING to do with encouraging virtue or supporting Family Values. This country cannot simply allow anyone to do anything simply to appease a (presently) small group of people bent on spreading the acceptance of sexual abuse to a novice younger generation.

Kentucky voted against gay marriage. Kim Davis was voted for by the majority of voters in her district. She owes it to those who voted for her to uphold their views. The Supreme Court was not voted for by the people. They need to stick to Federal Law and stay out of State matters.

They also need to stick to upholding what is actually in the law, and not making sh** up that they wish was in the law, but isn't.

Kentucky voted against gay marriage. Kim Davis was voted for by the majority of voters in her district. She owes it to those who voted for her to uphold their views. The Supreme Court was not voted for by the people. They need to stick to Federal Law and stay out of State matters. What they are presently doing goes against the Bill of Rights and Family Values.

The ideology that a person can have sex with whatever he wishes has NOTHING to do with encouraging virtue or supporting Family Values. This country cannot simply allow anyone to do anything simply to appease a (presently) small group of people bent on spreading the acceptance of sexual abuse to a novice younger generation.
Too bad that's not how our system works. The U.S. Supreme Court is the highest court in the land, not only federally, but in all cases arising under the Constitution.

Forum List

Back