Is it fair to blame junk food companies for people being overweight?

Discussion in 'Clean Debate Zone' started by Clementine, Oct 23, 2014.

1. Conservative65

Conservative65 BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +9,766
    They constantly yap about choice and when they make one to eat that crap and it causes obesity, they blame anything they can for what they chose to do. I care what they say, not for the content, because they're quick to want to create more bureaucracy that if they would accept responsibility for their choices, we wouldn't need.

2. Conservative65

Conservative65 BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +9,766
    As long as those voting for a living are allowed to use EBT to buy such crap, we'll continue to pay for the healthcare they think they have a right to have. Those of us that work for a living are expected to maintain those that vote for one and plenty of bleeding hearts allow it to happen.

3. Conservative65

Conservative65 BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +9,766
    And when people know better but make bad decisions, they want to blame anyone but themselves for having made it. Not one bit of junk food can be bad for your health unless you choose to eat it. If you do choose, blame yourself and no one or nothing else but the choice and the person making it. I know cigarettes are bad for me, therefore, I make the choice not to smoke them. Marketing had nothing to do with it. Witnessing what can happen to people based on personal experience did.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  4. Conservative65

Conservative65 BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +9,766
    That you can't see how things relate makes you just another moron on the left. You're the one that said things don't operate in a vacuum. Not being able to argue a principle and apply it to other things shows your low level of intellect. I'm not surprised. Your people are like that on lots of things.

5. Conservative65

Conservative65 BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +9,766
    I'm not conversing with you. I'm telling you what it is. You simply aren't listening and keep yapping like what comes out of your mouth amounts to anything boy.

6. Conservative65

Conservative65 BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +9,766
    Maybe you should listen to what I'm telling you and learn something boy. You seem to have trouble grasping simple concepts.

7. Asclepias

Asclepias Work Hard Play Hard

Top Poster Of Month

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +20,595
    I would listen if you knew what you were talking about. Its obvious your grasp of the subject is tenuous at best.

8. Care4all

Care4all Warrior Princess Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +15,551
    I don't want any laws passed or anything like that, but everyone should be made aware....

Sugar IS ADDICTIVE....and it gives us "feel good" responses after eating it, such as a burst of energy. stimulates our "happy hormones'' as well I believe.

And I did see a Discovery Chanel program I believe that showed the Food industry, many decades ago, when "Fat Content" and trans fats, saturated fats etc were the BIG BAD GUY that processed food producers removed the bad fats from their products and advertised such on their products, but the initial run of these type of goods just didn't taste good or satisfy the customers as they once did so these food producers added sugar to their products to make them taste better while still being able to advertise that they were fat free, of Half the Fat...

9. Conservative65

Conservative65 BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +9,766
    No you wouldn't. It's not in your nature boy.

10. SmarterThanTheAverageBear

SmarterThanTheAverageBear BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +15,600
    Look, who can't walk down the cookie aisle and think "Hmm those Double Stuffed Oreos are tasty , but probably not good for me"

I mean my God, I LOVE Oreos, but I eat 3 or 4 of them at a time, and usually that's all I get out of a bag.

And I don't show up to Wal Mart, and climb on my motorized scooter because I'm too lazy to walk to get them either.

Same with prepackaged meals. Who the hell doesn't know by now that those things are unhealthy? Buy some ingredients and cook dinner once in awhile.