Is Islam the prophesized Anti-Christianity?

Gabriella84 said:
I think you are referring to Catholicism. Since one of the signs of the end of the world is an increase in depravity and a decrease in moral values. If you can't trust your kid with a priest, the world must be going to hell.

I'm not sure what you have against Catholicism, but they certainly don't have the kid-molesting market cornered. And there is more depravity on primetime TV than in any given Catholic church.

gop_jeff said:
I'm not sure what you have against Catholicism, but they certainly don't have the kid-molesting market cornered. And there is more depravity on primetime TV than in any given Catholic church.

I would think a religion would be held to a much higher standard than a TV show.

dilloduck said:
I would think a religion would be held to a much higher standard than a TV show.
ding ding ding... exactly. Just as EVERY religion should be held to a higher standard. If one is going to hold the ENTIRE Catholic church responsible for the actions of a few, then the argument that the ENTIRE Muslim religion should be held responsible for the actions of a few. So which is it, should religions be held to a higher standard or not? Should be pick and choose which religions will be held to a higher standard?

To continue the comparison of applying blanket guilt to the Catholic Church vs. Islam:

It is almost certain that many in the Catholic Church were not aware of the extent of pedophile priests and their actions, but there cannot be a Muslim believer anywhere who is unaware of the atrocities being done in the name of Islam. Pedophilia is done in secret, while terrorist activity is perhaps the most public and worldwide news we have today.

Abbey Normal said:
To continue the comparison of applying blanket guilt to the Catholic Church vs. Islam:

It is almost certain that many in the Catholic Church were not aware of the extent of pedophile priests and their actions, but there cannot be a Muslim believer anywhere who is unaware of the atrocities being done in the name of Islam. Pedophilia is done in secret, while terrorist activity is perhaps the most public and worldwide news we have today.

mention that Mohammed the prophet of Islam took a pre teen wife..and one who was also a relative...so what is it about Islam that excludes them from pedophilia and incest......... :dunno: maybe someone can fill me in!

Abbey Normal said:

Exactly, the comparison between Catholics and Muslims isn't fitting, so we need another analogy. I can't think of one off the top of my head here, anybody?

IMO - This is a unique situation and cannot be compared to something in our recent historical past. Looking for a fitting analogy takes away from the true nature of this particular situation and attempts to make it fit nicely into a category of something that we have worked out before and thus make us more comfortable as we can see a solution.

There is no solution other than to have the Muslims police themselves. If it truly is a "religion of peace" as we have so often heard it is time the "regular" muslims take back their religion. If it is not, as I am becoming to understand, then it is necessary to take the offensive and make it so expensive that they will no longer see terrorism as an option. We must be fierce or no satisfactory solution will ever be found.

I'll try to think of an analogy, but I think you are right that this is unprecedented. Perhaps some of the historical wizards on the board can think of one.

Btw, Lolita sounds like she was a trip. :cof:

Abbey Normal said:
I'll try to think of an analogy, but I think you are right that this is unprecedented. Perhaps some of the historical wizards on the board can think of one.

Btw, Lolita sounds like she was a trip. :cof:
The only comparisons would generally be relegated to confined areas such as Serbia, Aceh, Mindanao, etc. but even then, notice these areas all include struggles with Muslims.

We have to go back in history to the Crusades to find an analogy. Even then we have to consisder that many historians recognize that the Crusades were a backlash to decades of aggressive Islamic expansion into areas historically dominated by Christians.

nucular said:
Aside from maybe the pope, they are all figures who are worshipped by X-ians and given credit for supernatural powers. Supernatural beings who are worshipped are called "gods".

I do apologize for taking things off topic.

Use the word or make no reference to it at all. By the way "Voice of God" my ass. Jeez want to tempt the Lord thy God? Keep that statement up with your moniker.

This is replying to Zhukov's initial post.

Because the end-time prophesies are an interest of mine, I have read literally dozens of books on the topic, and I would say that the answer to your question is that Islam (the Middle East countries) will be one of the major players ("king of the south") in this rampant anti-Christian era, along with Russia ("king of the north"), China ("king of the east"), and a federation of countries that made up the old Roman Empire, out of which the Anti Christ and his false trinity will come.

Recently I read on the internet or heard on a cable news talk show that radical Islam clerics teach in the mosques that the goal of Islam is to take care of the Saturday crowd first (the Jews), and the Sunday crowd (the Christians) afterwards. Prior to bin Laden and al Quada's entering the picture, they had been pretty successful in making the world believe that their hatred was only against the "Saturday crowd."

New Topics

Forum List

Back