Is Isis beaten ?

Tommy Tainant

Diamond Member
Jan 20, 2016
Y Cae Ras
UK defence minister Tobias Ellwood says President Trump wrong to claim IS 'defeated' in Syria

A UK defence minister has said Donald Trump is wrong to claim Islamic State has been "defeated" in Syria.

The president said all US troops are to be pulled out of the country as they near the end of their campaign to retake territory once held by IS.

Mr Trump, who previously said he wanted to bring troops home as soon as possible, said in a tweet: "We have defeated ISIS in Syria, my only reason for being there during the Trump Presidency."

But UK defence minister Tobias Ellwood was quick to hit back at the move, saying he "strongly disagreed" with the American leader.

He added in a tweet: "It [ISIS] has morphed into other forms of extremism and the threat is very much alive."

I can see the attraction of bringing the troops home but nobody else seems to think that they are beaten.

UK defence minister Tobias Ellwood says President Trump wrong to claim IS 'defeated' in Syria

A UK defence minister has said Donald Trump is wrong to claim Islamic State has been "defeated" in Syria.

The president said all US troops are to be pulled out of the country as they near the end of their campaign to retake territory once held by IS.

Mr Trump, who previously said he wanted to bring troops home as soon as possible, said in a tweet: "We have defeated ISIS in Syria, my only reason for being there during the Trump Presidency."

But UK defence minister Tobias Ellwood was quick to hit back at the move, saying he "strongly disagreed" with the American leader.

He added in a tweet: "It [ISIS] has morphed into other forms of extremism and the threat is very much alive."

I can see the attraction of bringing the troops home but nobody else seems to think that they are beaten.

We have no business occupying Syria.

I realize that Britain and the US had a huge hand in backing the overthrow of Assad and consequently allowed the rise of ISIS and Al Nusra but you couldn't overthrow him and put in the MB.

Time to leave.

The only question is, Tommy, why does the US have to mop them up? Syria, Iran and Russia can handle it, although I'm not sure Iran actually wants to, do they? Syria doesn't like 'em for sure, and doubtful that Russia does. They have armies and planes and bombs. Let them do it. The US doesn't have to be there, except for our own self-interest. We no longer hold the sceptre over there--we may as well gracefully let it go, try to keep some strategic friends and work hard on our energy independence.

The only question is, Tommy, why does the US have to mop them up? Syria, Iran and Russia can handle it, although I'm not sure Iran actually wants to, do they? Syria doesn't like 'em for sure, and doubtful that Russia does. They have armies and planes and bombs. Let them do it. The US doesn't have to be there, except for our own self-interest. We no longer hold the sceptre over there--we may as well gracefully let it go, try to keep some strategic friends and work hard on our energy independence.
Yup. I was against getting involved in the first place. But that is a side issue. The point is have isis been beaten ? The UK govt doesnt think so, in fact nobody apart from the idiot thinks so.

The only way to get rid of these types entirely would be to destroy a religion, we can't do that so time to get the fuck out and let them kill each other at will without interference. ~shrug~

President Trump should live up to his promise of “America First.”

I think we are very close to finishing the physical destruction of the caliphate,” said Lt. Gen. Frank McKenzie, nominated to head U.S. Central Command. Some two thousand ISIS fighters are limited to about one percent of the territory once held by the Islamic State. It is time to bring home U.S. forces and allow Syria and its neighbors to finish the job.

When Will Trump Bring Home U.S. Forces from Syria?

Why did we even have to worry about the "JV Team" to start with ?

A UK official who lets his country be invaded by illegal aliens, mostly ugly rapists from shithole countries that declared their independence from the UK, really cares about English Subjects all of a sudden. :po

Did you get thrown off a roof recently?

We don't hear anything about ISIS anymore..

Does one ever really eliminate cockroaches? Beat them back as much as possible. At least they don't flourish like they did under Obama

Did you get thrown off a roof recently?

We don't hear anything about ISIS anymore..

Did you get thrown off?
Trump walks back claim on ISIS.

"mission unaccomplished"

Forum List

Back