Is Faux Snooze biased? Newty thinks so!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ravage

Rookie
Apr 10, 2012
Newt Gingrich had harsh words on Wednesday for the party that isn't likely to crown him as their standard-bearer in 2012: The GOP is "inarticulate," he said, according to Real Clear Politics.

“The Republican Party is a managerial party that doesn't like to fight, doesn't like to read books,” Gingrich said at a private meeting with tea party leaders at Wesley College in Delaware on Wednesday. “This is why the tea party was so horrifying. Tea partiers were actually learning about the Declaration of Independence. They wanted to talk about the Federalist Papers. It was weird. They could be golfing.”

Although Mitt Romney is the presumptive GOP nominee for president now that Rick Santorum has suspended his campaign, Gingrich is soldiering on and made a pitch to the 18 tea party leaders he met with, asking them for their help to land a win in Delaware on April 24. He continues to campaign in hopes of shaping the conversation on the trail and influencing the Republican platform come August.

"I’m prepared to make the case for a Republican platform that is dramatically more conservative than the Etch A Sketch comments that Romney’s communications director made,” he said.

Gingrich framed his run as a counterweight to Romney's inevitability.

“That’s why if you will help me carry Delaware, it will be that big a jolt, because it breaks up their narrative so decisively, and it actually says, ‘Oh gosh, people actually get to make a decision, not just the power structure,’ ” Gingrich said.

Although Gingrich has said before that he has to be "realistic" about Romney's chances at nabbing the nomination and called the former Massachusetts governor "far and away" the most likely GOP nominee, Gingrich did express a modicum of optimism about his chances.

“My experience in history is it’s not over until it’s over, and that currently it’s very clear that Romney does not today have a majority of the delegates,” he said.

The former House speaker and Fox News commentator also blasted his old employer, calling the network biased against him and accusing its owner, Rupert Murdoch, CEO and Chairman of News Corp, of shaping Fox's coverage in Romney's favor.

“I think Fox has been for Romney all the way through,” he said. “[Callista and I] are more likely to get neutral coverage out of CNN than we are of Fox, and we’re more likely to get distortion out of Fox. That’s just a fact.”

He added: "There’s no question that Fox had a lot to do with stopping my campaign because such a high percentage of our base watches Fox."
Gingrich Criticizes GOP, Accuses Fox News of Bias Against Him - Alexandra Jaffe - NationalJournal.com

Awww....I guess they weren't biased against him when HE was working for them, but they are now.

I also like how he tells the media that republicans don't read books.
That's funny because that's exactly where us LIBERALS have hidden these things called "facts" from contards for so long.

Well it's true, Fox is biased. Gingrich isn't the one who should be saying this, though.

Newt's a democrat anyway. he can go do the global warming dance with Pelosi again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back