Is Emotional Intelligence more important than IQ intelligence.

Defining "success" is about as difficult as defining "happiness". It's too subjective.

I believe personality, attitude, and values are just as critical as intelligence. With that said, bad things can happen to good people and vice versa. Life is complicated.

Defining "success" is about as difficult as defining "happiness". It's too subjective.

I believe personality, attitude, and values are just as critical as intelligence. With that said, bad things can happen to good people and vice versa. Life is complicated.

I'm pretty sure "Fisting" has nothing to do with happiness or success, and that this is a bad thing.

Very Bad.:confused:

I think that without intelligence control of emotion doesn't amount to much and intelligence can be derailed by crazy emotions.

Look at Bill Clinton. Incedibly talented and sucessful politician... nearly derailed by an insane need for sexual conquest and misogyny..

I think that without intelligence control of emotion doesn't amount to much and intelligence can be derailed by crazy emotions.

Look at Bill Clinton. Incedibly talented and sucessful politician... nearly derailed by an insane need for sexual conquest and misogyny..

so....are you saying the need for sex is emotional?

My Hamster must be pretty damn emotional.

Is this supposed to be your definition of emotional intelligence???

I'm disappointed, Ian.

Ok, I'll may it easy for you.

Which is more Emotionally Intelligent?:
A. Dog,
B. Rock,
C. Paper,
D. Scissors,
E. All the Above

Dude! what is the matter with you? I gave you a link. read it. it gives a few definitons and admits that the whole concept is fuzzy. I don't see you writing anything down. except grade school poems

Is this supposed to be your definition of emotional intelligence???

I'm disappointed, Ian.

Ok, I'll may it easy for you.

Which is more Emotionally Intelligent?:
A. Dog,
B. Rock,
C. Paper,
D. Scissors,
E. All the Above

Dude! what is the matter with you? I gave you a link. read it. it gives a few definitons and admits that the whole concept is fuzzy. I don't see you writing anything down. except grade school poems

:disbelief:

YOU CAN USE YOUR NOTES!!

Its called "Multiple Choice;" See how I've conveniently lettered them? All you need to chose one, m'k?

Let's try this again:
Which is most Emotionally Intelligent?:
A. Dog,
B. Rock,
C. Paper,
D. Scissors,
E. All the Above[/QUOTE]

hahaha, it was samson!!! he was the one who brought up EI!

Samson
Member #21821 Join Date: Dec 2009

Quote: Originally Posted by IanC
life is basically a never ending IQ test with small incremental decisions leading to success or failure. this is not the only factor of course but it is constant and driven by the individual.
I haven't tried to insult you in this thread, so I hope you'll consider my advice in the helpful spirit in which its given:

Life has little or nothing to do with IQ.

Life has everything to do with Emotional Intelligence.

You should ponder on these statements. I hope you accept them as valid, and try to shift your emphasis, because it will make your life much happier.

Go see "The Christmas Carol."

how dishonest is that! hahaha. and then he demands that I should define it. hahaha

Samson

life is basically a never ending IQ test with small incremental decisions leading to success or failure. this is not the only factor of course but it is constant and driven by the individual.
I haven't tried to insult you in this thread, so I hope you'll consider my advice in the helpful spirit in which its given:

You should ponder on these statements. I hope you accept them as valid, and try to shift your emphasis, because it will make your life much happier.

how dishonest is that! hahaha. and then he demands that I should define it. hahaha

i'm sure responding to one of your inane posts was a milestone in his life.

i'm shocked that he didn't 'fess up immediately.

Samson

Man, get hold of yourself for a moment.

YOU stared this THREAD, remember?

Now, go back and attempt the multiple choice question ONE MORE TIME, m'k!!

You CAN DO IT, IAN!!! JUST PUT THAT THINKING CAP ON!!!

I think IanC's emotional intelligence level doesn't even register on the scale. He's a one trick pony...blacks are inferior, blacks are inferior, blacks are inferior...he might have made a good overseer back in the day but I'd hardly call that a success story.

I think IanC's emotional intelligence level doesn't even register on the scale. He's a one trick pony...blacks are inferior, blacks are inferior, blacks are inferior...he might have made a good overseer back in the day but I'd hardly call that a success story.

Damn it Ravi!!
:evil:
Here I am, trying to build Ian's self confidence up enough so he can take a simple one question multiple choice test, and you're trying to fuck him up!

Samson

why don't you attempt a definition of your use of Emotional Intelligence (which you brought up) and then I will give mine. we'll see who is more astute and informative.

why don't you attempt a definition of your use of Emotional Intelligence (which you brought up) and then I will give mine. we'll see who is more astute and informative.

oooh, i'm on the edge of my seat.

Sorry, YOUR Thread, YOUR Definition.

Besides, now I'm seriously wondering if I made your test to hard.

Let's try again:

What is more emotionally intelligent?:
A. Dog
B. Rock

someone told me tha EI was a bigger factor in life and success than IQ.

does anyone agree with that?

what do you think is the most important aspect in becoming successful?

yep...i agree.....you will get much farther with average intelligence and a personality than a brilliant iq and and an attitude....

just look at the last 10 presidents of the us.....

Sorry, YOUR Thread, YOUR Definition.

Besides, now I'm seriously wondering if I made your test to hard.

Let's try again:

What is more emotionally intelligent?:
A. Dog
B. Rock

a rock....there is no envy or greed and a rock is just fine with being a rock and doing what rocks do.....people could learn a lot from rocks.....

I'd say they are apples and oranges and both equally important. One's IQ cannot be high enough to compensate for a severely retarded EI and no amount of emotional maturity can compensate for a severely retarded IQ. The biggest difference is it's a lot easier to objectivly test IQ than EI, but that doens't mean EI is a lesser contributor to one's success and happiness.

Last edited:

I'd say they are apples and oranges and both equally important. One's IQ cannot be high enough to compensate for a severely retarded EI and no amount of emotional maturity can compensate for a severely retarded IQ. The biggest difference is it's a lot easier to objectivly test IQ than EI, but that doens't mean EI is a lesser contributor to one's success and happiness.

would you rather work with a smart person with a bad attitude or a smart person with a godd attitude......

i can't teach attitude but i can teach you how to do your job....

when in doubt hire attitude....

would you rather work with a smart person with a bad attitude or a smart person with a godd attitude......

i can't teach attitude but i can teach you how to do your job....

when in doubt hire attitude....

I've seen the other side of that too, and it's no prettier.

Sometimes they're still too dumb to learn the job. In which case the good attitude only makes it harder to cut them loose.

Why don't you define Emotional Intelligence for us, Ian?

:eusa_whistle:

That's what I'm thinking. I've a fairly high IQ, but think often my 'emotions' get ahead of it. Thus can have both.

Are we looking at someone with great interpersonal skills, as the definition of emotional IQ?

Forum List

Back