Is Cocaine your favorite drug?

My delivery method of choice is a double cappuccino hand crafted with my pump action La Pavoni Professional....but I have a couple of french presses for back up. The flaw in my plan is that I don't have a battery powered coffee grinder. :(

Now I'm jealous. I've got to get one! Any recommendations?

Capresso-EC100-Pump-Espresso-and-Cappuccino-Machine-1024x961.jpg

The sad fact is that the best home espresso machines are expensive and as reliable as a crappy FIAT. We actually have two of these as one always seems to be in for repairs.. One is an older "pre-millenium" (considered more reliable by La Pavoni Junkies) which we had retrofitted to hold the bigger coffee holders. The newer ones are much more finicky. I got my first one as a gift when I was in grad school. It turned me into a Coffee Panda Bear; I am so picky now that I really only like the coffee that I make myself. Plus, I have rad barrista skillz after years of daily practice.

View attachment 80917

If that's the case, I think I'll stick to what I know...my $40 percolator. lol Anyhoot, I'm saving for a European vacation.

The important thing is to have coffee that you enjoy, no matter what the method is.

I learned my lesson after the last ice storm this year. I ordered the propane stove, percolator, battery powered lighting, and a propane heater. It was a challenge trying to find a hotel that would allow 4 pugs. I either have to sneak two pugs in, or rent two rooms.

I've also got plenty of duct tape, so I'm ready for anything! hehe

One can fix pretty much anything with either duct tape or WD-40! And a corkscrew is a must have tool for emergency preparedness.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My delivery method of choice is a double cappuccino hand crafted with my pump action La Pavoni Professional....but I have a couple of french presses for back up. The flaw in my plan is that I don't have a battery powered coffee grinder. :(
I have a Viebeimme Domobar Junior and Mazzer Mini grinder for my morning routine. Never thought about electricity but I have a French press, but it would do no good without a grinder. Maybe I should invest in an old fashioned crank grinder.

To the drug question, years ago I saw a documentary on testing with monkeys. Given the choice of food or drugs monkeys would eventually go back to food, except cocaine. They would all do it until they died.

I saw that same documentary, it was shocking watching the poor monkeys.

I'm thinking of getting one of these manual burr coffee grinders for emergencies.

View attachment 80969
One of my customers is an old school gal and has a big hand crank farm looking item. Not a burr grinder but a screw type. How much is that bad boy?

Around $20. Burr grinders are best for coffee beans, imo.

The sad fact is that the best home espresso machines are expensive and as reliable as a crappy FIAT.
My Viebeimme is built like a tank (weighs 70lbs) and no problems in 6 or 7 years. I only cleaned it about three times so far.

80_vibiemme_manual_black_1.jpg

Do you fill up with water or have a filtered hook up?

The sad fact is that the best home espresso machines are expensive and as reliable as a crappy FIAT.
My Viebeimme is built like a tank (weighs 70lbs) and no problems in 6 or 7 years. I only cleaned it about three times so far.

80_vibiemme_manual_black_1.jpg

Good to know. The La Pavoni is the boe household morning ritual equipment - one can make very thick espresso with it. How does yours turn out?

Do you fill up with water or have a filtered hook up?
I use water filtered through a Brita system.

For me, it is a definite tie between cocaine and LSD.
LSD is just such an eye-opening, dramatic and enjoyable experience. It's euphoric, changes your pattern of thinking, but at least for me it keeps me relatively clear-headed so I can actually take to heart what I learn from the deep introspection it encourages.
Cocaine is just goddamn fun. The euphoria, the sociability, the empathy, all of it. Unlike Molly, I don't have any shitty multi-day hangover and feel like a sweaty gross piece of shit.
So do you like cocaine?
Cocaine suck. Drink 4 energy drinks, sand paper the inside of your nose and burn 100 dollar bills. Same thing.

I did eight-balling about every weekend during the 80's. I'm glad I could stop without treatment. I've known quite a few people I used to party with who lost control and lost everything (and I mean everything) because of their addiction.
Bad, bad, bad stuff.

What is eight-balling?

Eight balling is doing an entire eight ball by yourself.

And..............an eight ball is 1/8th of an ounce of cocaine.

It was in late 1980 around Christmastime. I went to a friend's house in Santa Clara, down the street from the state mental hospital.

It was the first or second time I had been to his mom and dad's house, and my friend and I did not bother anyone in the house, especially not his sister. LOL

We went directly into the bathroom, and that is when I got my first hit from a crack pipe. It was the most delicious experience of my life. Ecstasy filled me and everything else in the room, except the toilet.

It was in late 1980 around Christmastime. I went to a friend's house in Santa Clara, down the street from the state mental hospital.

It was the first or second time I had been to his mom and dad's house, and my friend and I did not bother anyone in the house, especially not his sister. LOL

We went directly into the bathroom, and that is when I got my first hit from a crack pipe. It was the most delicious experience of my life. Ecstasy filled me and everything else in the room, except the toilet.

Interesting.

So, why do you think it makes you throw up? You want to know? It's because that is your body's reaction after you've poisoned yourself. Your body is trying to expel the poison.

Forum List

Back