Is CNN non-partisan?

PBS is definately politically biased...the Bill Moyers show for example,while he has had conservatives on as guests...mainly he bombards them with gotcha type questions...democrats always treated nice with gushy commentary.

I also have been listening to some conservative talk radio lately.. Lots of regular news during breaks...usually painting the Obama admin in a favorable light.

49izadw.gif

Logic isn't your friend, is it?

Life isn't a syllogism. Your premise may be....when you demonize one man you lose any pretense to logic or even that uncommon commonsense.

- But I do want to edit my comment a bit for clarity and add a reference.

"Russell Baker, legendary columnist for the New York Times, put the matter well in December 2003: "Today's topdrawer Washington news people are part of a highly educated, upper middle class elite; they belong to the culture for which the American system works extremely well. Which is to say, they are, in the pure sense of the word, extremely conservative.""

How many times does it need to be repeated: Media (MSM) is conservative, it can only be conservative, and the notion that it is liberal is only a tool used to control the message for the masses. If the message conflicts with established standards then it is liberal and by definition biased. Words are defined by the media taskmaster, and everyone knows why liberal is a four letter word today.

Aside from Baker's astute comment above, media is corporate owned and reliant on corporate sponsors. Corporations do not shoot their own. The day you see stories on poverty in America, Class in America, the impact our tax structure has on the crumbling infrastructure, how tax structure favors large corporations, how large corporations kill small businesses, the waste and robbery on wall street, outsourcing information with 'named' corporations, and financial and labor hooligans, of say Walmart and others, is the day that media will be totally marginalized and eventually disbanded, replaced with more controlled media such as Fox and right wing radio, where voices speak the same story line or suffer the consequence.

And I'd love to know who defined these commentators as liberal or conservative. Could there be a genuine liberal in media, sure, is MSM liberal, heck no. What a wonderful con, but it works on the wingnuts of the right; the reality is far different.

"Shocking but true: Glenn Beck has not yet been the subject of "This Week in Crazy," the feature that was essentially created to honor 2009's Craziest Man. This week, though, as if he knew that his usual conspiracy-mongering, fake tears and suffocating paranoia just weren't cutting it anymore, Beck aired a series of shameless attacks on George Soros that seemed ripped from the pages of the Protocols of the Elders of Zion.

The message? Financier and philanthropist George Soros is a "puppet master" secretly at the center of a vast conspiracy that aims to destroy our economy and take over the nation through deceit. The proof? A lot of selectively edited quotes, wild innuendo and the fact that Soros "collapsed regimes" in "four other countries.""

This week in crazy: Glenn Beck - This Week in Crazy - Salon.com

"Propaganda does not deceive people; it merely helps them to deceive themselves." Eric Hoffer

PBS is definately politically biased...the Bill Moyers show for example,while he has had conservatives on as guests...mainly he bombards them with gotcha type questions...democrats always treated nice with gushy commentary.

I also have been listening to some conservative talk radio lately.. Lots of regular news during breaks...usually painting the Obama admin in a favorable light.

49izadw.gif

And???

Do you have a point???

fine by me, unlike others I classify you with (rightly or wrongly)you know that right/ left, they are mirrors of each other. if 80% of the newsroom of fox votes rep. or self ID's as a con, and 80% of cnn and the rest does ala the left, at least you realize they are all part of the same hypocrisy.......I would hope you'd share that with the yahoos here who think their shit doesn't stink.

I would say directly to your question, that; cbs abc nbc mslsd cnn npr pbs gives you a throw weight Fox cannot match. The numbers are on your side. Its not fair, but thats life. life aint fair, that why I laugh whenever the latest fox outrage thread is regurgitated.......fox vs....the rest? its like sending a 12 year old kid on a naked end around on the Ravens....

You made a fatal error there. By throwing NPR into a tv discussion, you put all of rightwing talk radio in play, which in sheer volume and reach swamps everything else on talk radio and much television.

PBS is not politically biased, btw. And I have no idea what CBS, ABC, and NBC qualify as, especially given that the vast majority of their programming is neither news, nor commentary on the news.

I find Bias on PBS all of the time. I also find News on the Talk Radio Stations, every 1/2 hour. One of us is not being truthful!!!!!! :eek: :lol: ;)

NPR has about 6 hours a day of news programming, of which about 90% is not editorial, nor is their commentary exclusively pro-liberal. Rush Limbaugh and Sean Hannity ALONE have 6 hours of programming per day, 90% of which is rightwing commentary/editorial.

And that's before you even list all of the other rightwing radio shows on the air on a daily basis.

Life isn't a syllogism. Your premise may be....when you demonize one man you lose any pretense to logic or even that uncommon commonsense.

"Russell Baker, legendary columnist for the New York Times, put the matter well in December 2003: "Today's topdrawer Washington news people are part of a highly educated, upper middle class elite; they belong to the culture for which the American system works extremely well. Which is to say, they are, in the pure sense of the word, extremely conservative.""

How many times does it need to be repeated: Media (MSM) is conservative, it can only be conservative, and the notion that it is liberal is only a tool used to control the message for the masses. If the message conflicts with established standards then it is liberal and by definition biased. Words are defined by the media taskmaster, and everyone knows why liberal is a four letter word today.

Aside from Baker's astute comment above, media is corporate owned and reliant on corporate sponsors. Corporations do not shoot their own. The day you see stories on poverty in America, Class in America, the impact our tax structure has on the crumbling infrastructure, how tax structure favors large corporations, how large corporations kill small businesses, the waste and robbery on wall street, outsourcing information with 'named' corporations, and financial and labor hooligans, of say Walmart and others, is the day that media will be totally marginalized and eventually disbanded, replaced with more controlled media such as Fox and right wing radio, where voices speak the same story line or suffer the consequence.

And I'd love to know who defined these commentators as liberal or conservative. Could there be a genuine liberal in media, sure, is MSM liberal, heck no. What a wonderful con, but it works on the wingnuts of the right; the reality is far different.

"Shocking but true: Glenn Beck has not yet been the subject of "This Week in Crazy," the feature that was essentially created to honor 2009's Craziest Man. This week, though, as if he knew that his usual conspiracy-mongering, fake tears and suffocating paranoia just weren't cutting it anymore, Beck aired a series of shameless attacks on George Soros that seemed ripped from the pages of the Protocols of the Elders of Zion.

The message? Financier and philanthropist George Soros is a "puppet master" secretly at the center of a vast conspiracy that aims to destroy our economy and take over the nation through deceit. The proof? A lot of selectively edited quotes, wild innuendo and the fact that Soros "collapsed regimes" in "four other countries.""

"Propaganda does not deceive people; it merely helps them to deceive themselves." Eric Hoffer
Spot on!!

Its obvious to anyone with a half-a-brain that to the loons of the Far Right, anything that's not Far Right is considered "librul" by the loons of the Far Right.

Wow.

Thats probably the longest non-sequiter I've seen in a while.

Here, since you obviously cannot follow the flow of a conversation.

Your position: All media is conservative because they are owned by corporations.

I say: Flawed logic. George Soros owns corporations. He is not conservative. Therefore your premise is flawed.

You say: Whaarrrrrggrrrblllleeeee George Soros, Amazon, Salon.com, liberal blah blah blah.

You have yet to post any sort of counter-argument to what I said.

More evidence media is controlled, conservative and corporate sponsored.

Howard Zinn died recently, but both he and Noam are never seen on conservative, corporate owned media. Why is that you think?

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KYlyb1Bx9Ic[/ame]

An example of censorship.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7h6VETOkXpU[/ame]

Noam is a nutball of the highest order. Saying that the media is conservative because they won't put him on the air is like claiming the media is liberal because they won't put David Duke on the air.

IOW: yer a loon.

OT

"On that wondrous day, Americans will be offered reliable information rather than politicized infotainment and downright propaganda. Also, Clark Kent will be named editor of the Daily Planet. Flying pigs will colonize bald eagle nests along the Potomac. Fox News will be replaced by a channel peddling miracle weight loss pills and electronic gadgets for chasing off cockroaches.

In the real world, alas, things are trending the other way fast. With precious few exceptions, big-time journalism has literally become a subdivision of the entertainment industry. Cable TV networks in particular treat national politics as an ongoing melodrama whose protagonists -- Barack Obama, Nancy Pelosi, Sarah Palin -- are basically celebrities, symbolic figures to be loved or hated by millions according to how they are caricatured. Reality retreats as fantasy advances.

Conservatives lead the way. It's no small development that several presidential candidates -- Palin, Mike Huckabee, Newt Gingrich, etc. -- are now employed by Fox News. Nor that Palin's getting paid a million bucks an episode by TLC for what amount to half-hour campaign commercials. It's a fundamental change in the relationship betweenjournalism and power."

Who will smack down all the lies? - Media Criticism - Salon.com

Forum List

Back