Is Bush now powerless?

Nah, most of his ideas, like the moronic open border and Amnesty for illegals are supported by the Ds. He has even more chance of getting much of his agenda passed. The only thing that will never happen now during his Presidency is Social Security reform and the extension of the tax cuts. The Americans voted to give these insane spendthrifts even more money.

If the same kind of power shift happened in the UK they would be screaming for a General election, the governments position would be untenable and they would probably be forced to concede and name a date.

If the same kind of power shift happened in the UK they would be screaming for a General election, the governments position would be untenable and they would probably be forced to concede and name a date.

That is true. Then again, this isn't the UK.

First you get an invite:thumbdown:

I've never had a problem meeting with my representatives, of either party. Do you still have that problem in the 'Old Country?' Think they would have learned better in the 1780's; that was an expensive lesson.

I've never had a problem meeting with my representatives, of either party. Do you still have that problem in the 'Old Country?' Think they would have learned better in the 1780's; that was an expensive lesson.

Whenever the MP is in their respective constituencies they have to make time to speak to their constituents, if they don't bow to pressure from the majority they soon lose their seat, we call it majority rules or democracy, what do you call it?

Whenever the MP is in their respective constituencies they have to make time to speak to their constituents, if they don't bow to pressure from the majority they soon lose their seat, we call it majority rules or democracy, what do you call it?

A parliamentary system. We chose differently.

A parliamentary system. We chose differently.

Yes, you chose a system that allows you to lose an election and carry on governing(LOL) for another two years having lost all power.How intelligent is that.

Yes, you chose a system that allows you to lose an election and carry on governing(LOL) for another two years having lost all power.How intelligent is that.
Time will tell on that one. But it's our system and few would choose differently. Somehow I don't think "We've" lost all power, Bush may have a more difficult time, but not the 'US', that's what you do not get. It's not about 1 man or 2 parties-It's about us.

That is suppose to be the concept, majority in a democracy, but you can ask a few and they will tell you, that a majority of the people should NOT have that power over the minority....
To them it is tyranny......
Unless it's their agenda that they are trying to push, then it all of a sudden, It's us......
All of us are bigoted, how dare we the majority, shove our views on the rest...

That's what happened with the new PC. BS......
It allows the minority, to play the victim and try too shove their minority views on the rest of us......
We've allowed the tyrants of the minority to beat us up.........

We're in a world of hurt, for tyring to change it........
We are all now the, bigots, racist, homophobes, uncaring humans of mankind....

That is suppose to be the concept, majority in a democracy, but you can ask a few and they will tell you, that a majority of the people should NOT have that power over the minority....
To them it is tyranny......
Unless it's their agenda that they are trying to push, then it all of a sudden, I'ts us......
All of us are bigoted, how dare we the majority, shove our views on the rest...

That's what happened with the new PC. BS......
It allows the minority, to play the victim and try too shove their minority views on the rest of us......
We've allowed the tyrants of the minority to eat us up.........
Good Luke changing it........
Steph, we are on the same side, but I'm not getting this post at all. Are you saying that the minority won on Tuesday?

Steph, we are on the same side, but I'm not getting this post at all. Are you saying that the minority won on Tuesday?

He mentioned about Democracy.....
I was taking about how democracy is suppose to work....

New Topics

Forum List

Back