Is America Turning Into a Nation of Dunces?

Weatherman2020

Diamond Member
Mar 3, 2013
Right coast, classified
"Even the most rudimentary knowledge of [the Constitution] eludes far too many Americans. Barely half (53%), for example, know that the first 10 amendments are called the Bill of Rights. A third cannot name a single right protected by the First Amendment. And what many do “know” is wrong. For example, more than 1 in 10 Americans say that the Bill of Rights protects the right to own a pet.....What’s truly frightening is how this stunning unfamiliarity with the Constitution has bred contempt."

Education system has done its job of dumbing down of each generation more effectively. I have read and studied to some degree the American Revolution, and it is self evident that farmers living in the rural wild frontier in 1775 were much more knowledgeable of not just history, but current events of the time than millennials are today. And better educated in all studies as well.

"Even the most rudimentary knowledge of [the Constitution] eludes far too many Americans. Barely half (53%), for example, know that the first 10 amendments are called the Bill of Rights. A third cannot name a single right protected by the First Amendment. And what many do “know” is wrong. For example, more than 1 in 10 Americans say that the Bill of Rights protects the right to own a pet.....What’s truly frightening is how this stunning unfamiliarity with the Constitution has bred contempt."

Education system has done its job of dumbing down of each generation more effectively. I have read and studied to some degree the American Revolution, and it is self evident that farmers living in the rural wild frontier in 1775 were much more knowledgeable of not just history, but current events of the time than millennials are today. And better educated in all studies as well.
HEY!!!

dont put me in with the democrats and republicans,,,cause its only them that are ignorant to what the constitution says
and it can all be traced back to higher education,,,,

If the people who comment on this website every day are any indication then yes, we’re in pretty deep shit

My grandkids just finished learning it in sixth grade. So it is being taught. I gotta say it's boring and redundant as all get out
Horrifically boring. But it needs to be taught. If you asked me o can't recall most of it, nor do I really care all that much .

It’s been increasingly difficult to find qualified people to work in any given field.

My GF, who was a nursing instructor, came to me about a student who was caught and warned for the 3rd time about administering drugs without a RN being present.
While she didn’t want to fail a student, I was quick to remind her of the responsibilities she had as an instructor.
She had the student removed from the nursing program. :)

Last edited:
Besides America turning into dunces, we can also add perversion (LGBTQ), drug ingesting, baby killing and all sorts of criminal enabling, thereby ensuring America will soon be a shit hole. Don't get me wound up or I'll say what I really think.

Many democrats are convinced that the Preamble is the entire Declaration of Independence. They never heard of and do not know of the Intolerable Acts.

New Topics

Forum List

Back