Iron Man, spoilers if you want

Gungnir

Apr 29, 2008
:cuckoo: So I caughts the Matinée of Magnesium Man and it was totally the sucks.
:eusa_eh:

Most of the movie is just beauty shots and archetypes. They had as many digital artist in the credits as they did drivers; and they dumped everyone off the Free Way for one shoot.

Tony Stark is der uber jackass by the way. If not for his AI and Secretary he would curl up in the fetal position and die trying to suck milk from his own nipples.

Prepare to do the suspension of disbelief thing because you will have a headache when you are done watching it. I don't know what kind of Camera they are using to shoot films now adays but even their panoramic shots feel "scrunched", nothing like the vastness conveyed by Lawernce of Arabia.

And ohs yeahs, I hads to totallies snorts the three pounds of cocaine after the movie to wakes up my soul froms the sleep of the ded souls whose are totally boreds and so haves killed themsleves because they hates theirs existences. :cuckoo:

And watch through all the credits, there is a disappointing suprise that makes you want to throw empty beer bottles at the screen which I so totally didn't have which would have made the movie much more enjoyable.

SPOILERS

Mr. Stark comes back to his home to find his AI on the fritz and lights dimmed. Samuel L. Jackson (Nick Furry) is in his living room in a trench coat and an eye patch. He says he needs help with Avenger.

END SPOILERS

:cuckoo: So I caughts the Matinée of Magnesium Man and it was totally the sucks.
:eusa_eh:

Most of the movie is just beauty shots and archetypes. They had as many digital artist in the credits as they did drivers; and they dumped everyone off the Free Way for one shoot.

Tony Stark is der uber jackass by the way. If not for his AI and Secretary he would curl up in the fetal position and die trying to suck milk from his own nipples.

Prepare to do the suspension of disbelief thing because you will have a headache when you are done watching it. I don't know what kind of Camera they are using to shoot films now adays but even their panoramic shots feel "scrunched", nothing like the vastness conveyed by Lawernce of Arabia.

And ohs yeahs, I hads to totallies snorts the three pounds of cocaine after the movie to wakes up my soul froms the sleep of the ded souls whose are totally boreds and so haves killed themsleves because they hates theirs existences. :cuckoo:

And watch through all the credits, there is a disappointing suprise that makes you want to throw empty beer bottles at the screen which I so totally didn't have which would have made the movie much more enjoyable.

if you go to see a comic book movie and you expect lawrence of arabia you ARE going to be disappointed.

i saw the flick and i liked it. it was entertaining and fun just as it should be

I was talking about the actual camera work. What ever they are shooting movies with nowadays just gives me headaches. Bourne Ultimatum was the worst yet though.

SPOILERS

How can he have a giant gaping wound in his chest, going through his rib cage, probably sternum, and probably his pectoral muscle, and still have any upper body strength? Where are crates of antiobiotics he needs to be taking? That woman shoved her HAND into his Heart Hole! The guy was in a cave for a ~week with a dirty car battery hooked to his chest! The man is given missiles and he builds power armor? What kind of idiot gives a genius missiles and a tool shop? Why didn't they just have his assistant twirl his mustache? Is an Air Force Procurement Officer really that idiotic? That guy's house had more industrial capacity than most towns! Why does dipshit not make a spare heart magnet battery for just in case? Why was his ass not debriefed while he was in Afghanistan? etc

END SPOILERS

Gaping hole in chest!!!

ie Batman Begins: great movie.

Ya , being bitten by a radioactive spider and gaining super powers is so like, gonna happen. Or being dosed in chemicals and then hit by lightning, ya that will make you have special powers too.

They are COMIC BOOK characters. Reality is not a requirement and in fact can be a problem for them. Or maybe you can explain Sandman to us all in a scientific manner?

Why would you think I like Spidey? I hated those movies right down to the actors.

Why would you think I like Spidey? I hated those movies right down to the actors.

So you hate comic book movies? Don't go see 'em. I think the best of the bunch have been Superman Returns and Batman Begins. Hated all three Blade and Xmen movies, ditto Punisher, Hulk and Ghost Rider. First Michael Keaton Batman was good, the rest sucked. First two Christopher Reeve Supermans were pretty good but number 3 was ass-wiping bad.

I hate the Spiderman movies, Superman was blah, and I never saw the Hulk.

I loved the Punisher and Batman Begins. Iron Man was enjoyable even if it sucked. The X-Men, Ghost Rider, and The Fantastic Four wobble on the edge of goofy Comic-Book-Movie and blah.

I want a live action Lobo. :evil:

Dr Grump, he said he loved The Punisher and Batman Begins so he obviously likes comicbook movies.He just doesnt like Ironman which I cant fathom why.Its 10x's better than ANY marvel comicbook movie that has ever been made.prior to Ironman,my favorite marvel comicbook film was Elektra.I may be in the minority on people who liked it but I could care less.But Ironman is 10x's better than it is.I agree with him that the spiderman movies suck.They are a disgrace to the comic and Raimi is an idiot.He never should have been allowed to direct these movies.Mcguire and Dunst were horrible in their roles.These screenwriters who wrote these movies are all idiots as well.These movies look like they were written by a 5 year old.

Btw,I agree with you,for the most part anyways.The xmen movies sucked,and so did The Punisher The Hulk and Ghost Rider.Especially The Hulk.But I would also add on Superman Returns as well to that list also.Never liked Blade,dont care for vampire movies or stories so cant comment on that since I'll never see it.Yeah the first two superman movies were great.They are still my favorite comicbook movies of all time,followed closely by Batman Begins.and speaking of Batman,actually ALL the Batman movies before Batman Begins sucked.Begins is the one and ONLY true Batman movie that isnt a disgrace to the comicbook.all the others should be burned.keaton was the worst casting choice in comicbook history.wrong build,wrong look and everything.Burton should NEVER have been allowed near a batman franchise.

I hope they reboot Spiderman someday they way they did Batman.It was great to see Batman finally have a movie that did justice to the comicbook,Hopefully hollywood will redeem themselves in the future as well with spidey.

Forum List

Back