Iron Dome bill presented at US Congress

Seriously---can't this prosperous country buy it's own shit ?

^^ Seriously the other side has a lot of help. Both Russia and China are 'helping'. Look at North Korea helping. Look at Turkey helping. Egypt helping.

Oh, right, you don't see that side of this.

And I bet they say they do because the US aids Israel. The mideast has much to gain by constantly remaining in a state of crisis.

They would be wrong if they did. Israel received almost no US military aid until after the 1973 war, and then the US provided it only in the context of providing enough weapons to the Arabs so that both sides would feel safe from attack.

US Congress has passed funding legislation allowing for Obama to hand over Tax payers money for 10 more Iron Dome Batteries, costing $50 million dollars each?!?

Think about that for a second. while US infrastructure crumbles; child poverty and food instability in The US grow and War veterans sleep homeless in the streets, Congress is passing New legislation which will "allow the Obama administration to give more missile defense systems to Israel." to the tune of $500,000,000, and that is not including" the costs of the missiles and the infrastructure. or the other $3 Billion a year Mooch:confused:

US Congress has passed funding legislation allowing for Obama to hand over Tax payers money for 10 more Iron Dome Batteries, costing $50 million dollars each?!?

Think about that for a second. while US infrastructure crumbles; child poverty and food instability in The US grow and War veterans sleep homeless in the streets, Congress is passing New legislation which will "allow the Obama administration to give more missile defense systems to Israel." to the tune of $500,000,000, and that is not including" the costs of the missiles and the infrastructure. or the other $3 Billion a year Mooch:confused:

America is a great country and Americans are a great people, willing to spend all this money to save Israeli and Palestinian Arab lives even in these tough times.

They wont fund the zionist experiment forever....then what?

The American people are funding peace in the ME, something you have called for an end to in other threads. I see no reason to think the American people will stop funding peace in the ME than they will to stop funding massive deployments of US military to Europe or the Pacific to preserve peace in those places.

The American people are funding peace in the ME, something you have called for an end to in other threads. I see no reason to think the American people will stop funding peace in the ME than they will to stop funding massive deployments of US military to Europe or the Pacific to preserve peace in those places.

There is no peace in the Middle East, just lulls in the fight, I have said, enough of israeli threats of violence either get your war on or shut the fu*k up, in my opinion if israel attacks Iran there toast :eusa_pray:

There is no peace in the Middle East, just lulls in the fight, I have said, enough of israeli threats of violence either get your war on or shut the fu*k up, in my opinion if israel attacks Iran there toast :eusa_pray:

There is peace between Israel and the Palestinians and all the Arab states despite the lack of signed agreements in some cases. Angry talk is not war.

If Israel attacks Iranian nuclear weapons and long range missile programs and the Iranian regime is smart enough not to retaliate against US interests, the conflict will be short lived and contained. If the Iranian regime is stupid enough to retaliate against the US, the conflict will also be short lived, but the consequences for Iran will be devastating. In either case, there will be no Arab/Muslim uprising against Israel, as long as the sanctions remain in places, Iran will not be able to rebuild its weapons programs.

Iran has no Nuclear weapons to attack, what if in response they attack Israels Nuclear weapons sites
would you like America to come in on Israels side?

Iran has no Nuclear weapons to attack, what if in response they attack Israels Nuclear weapons sites

I am sure Iran will try to attack Dimona and other weapons sites, but Iran has limited means to do so, and I'm sure Israel has taken precautions against such attacks. I would like to see the US join with Israel in attacking Iran's nuclear weapons and long range missile sites as well as Iran's ability to project military force beyond its borders because both nations have vital interests in preventing Iran from acquiring nuclear weapons and long range missiles and both countries have vital interests in preventing Iran from retaliating against their interests after the attack.

I am sure Iran will try to attack Dimona and other weapons sites, but Iran has limited means to do so, and I'm sure Israel has taken precautions against such attacks. I would like to see the US join with Israel in attacking Iran's nuclear weapons and long range missile sites as well as Iran's ability to project military force beyond its borders because both nations have vital interests in preventing Iran from acquiring nuclear weapons and long range missiles and both countries have vital interests in preventing Iran from retaliating against their interests after the attack.

Hey... over heard the phrase OK your on your own Buddy?

Hey... over heard the phrase OK your on your own Buddy?

?

One day very soon Israel will cease to be seen as a "vital interest" for the US
what then?

what then?

You seem to be having trouble understanding my post. I said the US and Israel share some vital interests regarding Iran. The US and Israel also share other vital interests in the ME, namely maintaining peace, and this interest is the basis for the US's policy or arming both the Israelis and the Arab states to the point where neither feels threatened by the other. It is foolish to think that this will not remain a vital interest of the US.

You seem to be basing your hope of the US losing interest in Israel's welfare on two assumptions, both false. First, you hint at some sort of united Arab/Muslim effort against Israel, but there is no unity among the Arabs/Muslims. Second, you seem believe that without US military aid, Israel would not be able to survive, but there was almost no US military aid until after the 1973 war and Israel handily defeated united Arab forces that were well supplied and trained by the Soviets.

Today, Israel produces some of the most advanced weapons systems in the world, and if memory serves, is the fourth largest exporter of weapons in the world. If necessary, Israel is capable of producing just about everything it gets from the US, including advanced aircraft and missile systems, but without US aid, because of its small size, it would be forced to sell much of these weapons systems to keep the unit cost of production down, and this would produce a formidable flow of advanced weapons systems that might work against US interests. Furthermore, since Israel lacks strategic depth, without the assurance the US would resupply any losses it suffered in war, Israel would have to preempt potential adversaries' ability to inflict such damage and this would lead to more tension and conflict in the ME, negatively effecting US vital interests in the region.

By continuing its even handed policy of supplying both Israel and the Arab states with sufficient military strength so that none feels threatened by the other, the US is protecting its own vital interests as well as helping Israel and the Arab states to protect their's.

what then?

You just don't get it. What we do for Israel we do, in part, as a way of poking our collective thumb in the eye of the Nazi-types among us [and boy are they in a constant state of pissed off]. We just don't like Nazis.

Forum List

Back