Iraqis Turn The Tables On Insurgents

Discussion in 'Middle East - General' started by Annie, Mar 22, 2005.

1. Annie

Annie Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,770
    I know this isn't on Terri or dumb pics, but you can just move along if this doesn't interest you:

http://www.nytimes.com/2005/03/22/i...=4fab5dc83f59b0ae&ei=5090&partner=rssuserland

2. Shattered

Shattered Guest

Ratings:
    +0
  3. 5stringJeff

5stringJeff Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +540
  4. Annie

Annie Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,770
    Thank you GopJeff, was beginning to think the board was going to have to be renamed. :thup:

5. Adam's Apple

Adam's Apple Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +447
    I was floored to see that this article appeared in the New York Times! Salzburg and his editorial board must have been off on a skiing trip. :) If this is an indication that the Time's is going to start publishing articles to let us know what is really going on in Iraq, I might start reading it again.

BTW, I liked the Iraqi carpenter's approach to handling the terrorists. Hope other Iraqis will start following his example. Only sure way to rid the country of those SOB's.

6. CSM

CSM Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +708
    It sure gives one hope to read that sort of thing. I may have to rethink my opinion of the average Iraqi citizen.

Of course, I can hear it now from those who think that they should have tried to negotiate with the terrorists and tried all other avenues like diplomacy or buying them off instead of attacking them with AK-47s (which they should not be allowed to own anyway!). Violence only breeds more violence you know!

Sarcasm, folks.

7. menewa

menewa Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +13
    The insurgents were extremely stupid to think they could increase public suppport by purposefully targeting schoolchildren.

If they had simply focused on US and coalition forces instead, the Iraqi public would probably still be enamored with them the way the Greeks adore Alexander. They would have had a damn good chance against the most powerful military in world hisory. But to purposefuly target your own fellow citizens is beyond any redemption. They have doomed themselves and they deserve it.