Iraqi Politicians Take August Off As US Soldiers Fight On

DeadCanDance

May 29, 2007
Iraqi Politicians Take August Off As US Soldiers Fight On

White House Press Secretary Tony Snow: “Its too hot in Baghdad in August for Iraqi politicians to work”

White House Press Conference:

-Question: “Is the Iraqi government and the Iraqi parliament taking the month of August off?”

-MR. SNOW: “Probably, yes. Just not -- “

-Question: "They're taking the entire month of August off, before the September deadline?"

-MR. SNOW: It looks like they may, yes. Just like the U.S. Congress is.

-Question: "Have you tried to talk them out of that?"

MR. SNOW: “You know, it's 130 degrees in Baghdad in August, I'll pass on your recommendation.”

Question: “Well, Tony, Tony, I'm sorry, that's -- you know -- I mean, there are a lot of things that happen by September and it's 130 degrees for the U.S. military also on the ground --”

http://www.whitehouse.gov/news/releases/2007/07/20070713-5.html

Something we can agree on. THIS is pretty damned outrageous given the circumstances.

Who do they think they are? Congress?:badgrin:

Well, if the United States was in the midst of a civil war and an insurgency, and political reform and reconcillation was critical to resolving the conflict, I'd be pissed at our congress if they took a month off, and left the soldiers to keep fighting ;)

Something we can agree on. THIS is pretty damned outrageous given the circumstances.

Who do they think they are? Congress?:badgrin:

The Dem run Congress are also taking the month off - and they are saying what a mess America is

For the last 5 years the left have bashed Bush every August - yet they are doing the same thing

I don't here any Republicans bitching about it and demanding to stay at work.

I don't care if it's Republicans or Democrats, we know we save money every day they take off! We're probably a whole lot safer too!

I don't here any Republicans bitching about it and demanding to stay at work.

They no longer make the rules - like the Dems would actually listen to them

I am pointing out how Dems are doing the same thing they attacked Pres Bush and Republicans did for 5 years

They no longer make the rules - like the Dems would actually listen to them

I am pointing out how Dems are doing the same thing they attacked Pres Bush and Republicans did for 5 years

If they were bitching about it, we'd know about it. Perfect fodder for the sensationalist media to stoke up some controversy.

If they were bitching about it, we'd know about it. Perfect fodder for the sensationalist media to stoke up some controversy.

I am sure the NY Times would report how the Republicans are undermining the Democrat leadership over their traditional break from DC - when they go home and speak to the voters

For sure, not to mention that they had no problem taking off for the 4+ years they had control.

I've always thought it was BS regardless who was in power or who was doing it. They get a month off in August and a month or more around Christmas and accomplish nothing for it.

Personally, I still wish they met for two weeks or so, 4 times per year. 8 weeks of Congress is plenty.

I've always thought it was BS regardless who was in power or who was doing it. They get a month off in August and a month or more around Christmas and accomplish nothing for it.

That is why we should cut off funding to Congress

As long as their pay is cut proportionally, I have no problem with that. Those guys live better than any of us to do nothing but posture.

Hell they can keep the money, think of the billions/trillions saved!

Forum List

Back