Iraq and Turkey

Discussion in 'Middle East - General' started by dilloduck, Aug 9, 2005.

1. dilloduck

dilloduck Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +6,403
    Now that we have a Turk member, I'm curious. I understand the history of the present situation in Northern Iraq but am unfamiliar with the PKK. Who are they and does Iran fight them also?

2. GotZoom

GotZoom Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +366
  3. dilloduck

dilloduck Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +6,403
  4. ekrem

ekrem VIP Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +375
    This is the Homepage of Turkeys Anti-Terrorism Centre

http://www.teror.gen.tr/english/organisations/pkk.html

there you will find everything about PKK / KAdek..

PKK counts nowadays 5.000 men under weapons in Northern Iraq... On turkish territory they lost their war...

This war killed 35.000 people in Turkey... Costing Turkey over 100 billion $...

The Turkish Intelligence has detailed knowledge about PKK...
    PKK participated in the Iraq elections with 2 Parties, America not preventing this...

PKK has established Bureaus in Kirkuk...

The main Area where PKK is, is Kandil-Mountain in Iraq...

The last turkish intelligence Report said, that thea also are selling electricity won by water to villages nearby...
    Under the PKK-Fighters is Aids going around... They are using Walkie-Talkies by turkish Company Aselsan... and turkish intelligence hears with....

PKK has complete 9 Terrorcamps in Northern-Iraq... every single Location is known by Turkish intelligence... These Locations were given Condoleeza Rice as she came to Turkey...

Tukey knows everything about PKK, where they eat, where they shi.... and also does USA...

5. dilloduck

dilloduck Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +6,403
    I can see why you are confused as to why the US won't let Turkey fight the PKK terror group but where were you when we needed you? Did you not know that this was going to happen?

6. ekrem

ekrem VIP Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +375
    in the past Iran backed PKK as Syria did to harm Turkey... Nowdays where Iran+Syria are pressed into the corner, they seek Turkeys help... For this they are fighting against PKK which they self backed in the Past... to win Turkeys support against USA

7. ekrem

ekrem VIP Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +375

yes, everyone was shocked, as i said on 1 March... one day before parliament made a test and then the reosolution passed... The test passed, but one day later it failed because of 3 Voices....

Do you know Michael Rubin? he is an analyst on meforum...
    He wrote based on Northern-Iraqi politicians, that Barzani captivated some turkish parliamentarys to vote with no...
    you can read this on meforum (Middle eat Forum. promoting american interests in Middle east... Think-Tank)...

8. dilloduck

dilloduck Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +6,403
    The Kurdish area of the world is NOT threatening the US. Why would the US make more enemies than we already have? It's Iran and Syria who are letting weapons and arabs into Iraq to kill Iraqis AND Americans. I'd rather blow the hell out of Syria AND Iran than mess with the Kurds.

9. ekrem

ekrem VIP Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +375
    Sorry.. but of american point of view you are right...

But when we only look at this war on terror from amercan view, this war is twice-tongued...

PKK is in Northern-Iraq... The Kurds are backing PKK, saying Turkey not coming in North-Iraq to fight PKK...

So tell me: we are all on fight on terror... why cant those Northern-Iraq kurds not take distance to terrorists?

10. archangel

archangel Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    Fact....PKK is a Islamist terrorist group supported by the Communist party...ie:China and Russia..
    Turkey,Iran and Syria are playing both sides of the fence in this issue...much as they did over the Afghan/Russia war...and much as the US also did when we originally supported Saddam over Iran...much as did Carter when he refused to support the Shaw of Iran and then caused major problems in this area....So what do we do now...support another group such as PKK and start the whole mess all over again? Or do we just blow the hell out of them all and eliminate the problem...because diplomacy is not and has not worked for anyone in the past...so I pass the ball to all you players of words...what shall it be....go on as usual or incorporate glass factories in the Middle East...cause I for one am really tired of all this political BS!!!!! :2guns: