Iranian "Morality Police", full scale internet shutdown, 50 citizens killed during protests. Is that where we're headed?

MarathonMike

Diamond Member
Dec 30, 2014
The Southwestern Desert
This is why we cannot have One Party Rule in America. Power corrupts and absolute power corrupts absolutely. We already have corruption in the FBI on full display. What is going on in Iran is a picture of where we are headed. You laugh and don't think that could ever happen here? Really? Twenty years ago would you have ever imagined we could be where are today? People better wake up.

Jesus, the cognitive dissonance of your thread is staggering.

cog·ni·tive dis·so·nance the·o·ry​

a theory of attitude formation and behavior describing a motivational state that exists when a person's cognitive elements (attitudes, perceived behaviors, etc.) are inconsistent with each other (dissonance), such as the espousal of the Ten Commandments concurrent with the belief that it is all right to cheat on one's taxes, and indicating that people try to achieve consistency (consonance) by changing attitudes, rationalizing, selective perception, and other means.

Jesus, the cognitive dissonance of your thread is staggering.

cog·ni·tive dis·so·nance the·o·ry​

a theory of attitude formation and behavior describing a motivational state that exists when a person's cognitive elements (attitudes, perceived behaviors, etc.) are inconsistent with each other (dissonance), such as the espousal of the Ten Commandments concurrent with the belief that it is all right to cheat on one's taxes, and indicating that people try to achieve consistency (consonance) by changing attitudes, rationalizing, selective perception, and other means.

Just like a Nazicrat, shitting on and dismissing someones theory or arguement, instead of intelligently arguing the point.

Oh my.......now would you just LISTEN to me!!! Using "Nazicrat" and "intelligent" in the same sentence, like they have anything to do with each other!!! Silly me.

This is why we cannot have One Party Rule in America. Power corrupts and absolute power corrupts absolutely. We already have corruption in the FBI on full display. What is going on in Iran is a picture of where we are headed. You laugh and don't think that could ever happen here? Really? Twenty years ago would you have ever imagined we could be where are today? People better wake up.

I tend to disagree. It depends on WHO the one leader is.
Not all one leaders have been cruel and mean, and abusive to their people.
Granted there have been more corrupt ones than good ones, but there have been a few.

If one has the power to enact change, then the changes to be made must benefit all people under the leaders rule.

It is easier to manage people with benevolent rule than with corrupt rule, as those that live under benevolence, will gladly help any way they can......while those that live under corruption either leave or plot to destroy the leader.

In OUR case, I would say Trump needs to be made One Leader for as long as it takes him to clean up this country.
Desantis should be second in command.
They can have a judicial branch of advisors they can use, one from each state, to help them keep in touch with what the people want and need from those states.

After that, then I think we could go back to a clean slate of voting.

Forum List

Back