Iran Wants To Eradicate Baha’is: We Should Demand Their Religious Freedom – OpEd

Sally

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2012
Such tolerance the Iranians have for a religious minority. Who are the Baha'i actually bothering?

Iran Wants To Eradicate Baha’is: We Should Demand Their Religious Freedom – OpEd

Flag-of-Iran.jpg
Flag of Iran. Photo by Farzaaaad2000, Wikipedia Commons.

BY ROBERT P. GEORGE AND KATRINA LANTOS SWETT MAY 15, 2016

The eighth anniversary this Saturday (May 14) of Iran’s imprisonment of seven Baha’i leaders is an opportune time to refocus attention on the plight of their people.

Dominated by an extremist interpretation of Shiite Islam, Iran’s government has a long-term goal to eradicate the more than 300,000-member Baha’i community, the country’s largest non-Muslim religious minority. While pursuit of that goal remains, its intensity ebbs and flows in response to the level of world attention and outrage. Unfortunately, there are signs from this past year that persecution is on the upswing, calling for greater world outrage at Iran’s abuses of this peaceful religious community.

Continue reading at:

Forum List

Back