Iran Exiting Nuclear Treaty?

Discussion in 'Middle East - General' started by USMCDevilDog, Apr 24, 2006.

1. USMCDevilDog

USMCDevilDog Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +42
    Iran - Nuclear Treaty = Suspicion.

What the hell is going on?

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20060424...91Sw60A;_ylu=X3oDMTBiMW04NW9mBHNlYwMlJVRPUCUl

2. CrimsonWhite

CrimsonWhite *****istrator Emeritus Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,757
    And so it begins. I give it six months. Isreal will have boots on the ground in Iran in six months.

3. Darwins Friend

Darwins Friend Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    Unless they’re Special Forces - spotting targets or verifying bomb strikes, Israel will never have "boots on the ground". Every Muslim on the planet would be gunning for every Jew - in every country. Iran IS NOT Lebanon.

4. Darwins Friend

Darwins Friend Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    Another ground war will require a draft - here in the States. Reference the last time that was done for the American public’s response.

5. CrimsonWhite

CrimsonWhite *****istrator Emeritus Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,757
    Special Forces is what I was refering to. Isreal simply doesn't have the man power for a full scale invasion, but they have state of the art firepower and more than capable operatives. Isreal could never allow Iran to become a nuclear power. They will strike in some fashion.

6. USMCDevilDog

USMCDevilDog Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +42
    I think Iran is posing a major threat to alot of our allies and I'm hoping that we can get more troops out of Iraq soon (in the case that Iraq finally gets a damn gov't established) so we can be ready just in case we need some ground troops in Iran.

All in all, I just hope Irans future is filled with :tank:

7. Darwins Friend

Darwins Friend Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    My bad - thought you referring to regular, occupying troops. Yes, they will do something and hopefully it will be as dramatic as the Baghdad hit. I’m sure all of the coordinants re dialled in for some precision strikes. It’s the total number of targets that worries me.

8. 1549

1549 Active Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +59
    Pardon my language, but fuck that shit. Iran will be a tougher battle than Afghanistan (obviously) and Iraq. If we invade Iran, the combined deaths of all 3 wars will most certainly surpass 10,000.

Your response may be: "don't you know we lost 56,000 in 'Nam and 250,000 in WWII. 10,000 is not bad"

The response: Vietnam is an embarassment to this country. The paranoia of the domino effect created a military disaster that ruined a lot of people and gave America a black eye that will remain for years. The fact is that it was not the threat we all percieved it to be.

Losing thousands of lives because of a percieved threat is not acceptable. That is exactly what Iran and Iraq are: percieved threats.

I have always believed Bush is a good man with shitty political views. But if he commits this country to a third middle east war, I will believe he is a crazed lunatic who should never be allowed to set foot on American soil.

The world is not a game of chess. Our soldiers should not be used as pawns. World War II was a massive loss of life for a necessary cause. Every war since has been nothing more than paranoia.

These kids are trained to fight wars, not police and build countries. I read an article about these Marine patrol groups who can not even walk or they will be shot by snipers. They run from house to house every day on Patrol. Every day, there are enemies waiting.

We have opened 2 cans of worms. Lets close them and get our troops out of this kind of combat.