Iran dissidents say U.S. policies are appeasing Islamist rulers

Sally

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2012
Iran dissidents say U.S. policies are appeasing Islamist rulers
Claim nuclear deal will embolden oppression

President Obama and other Western leaders have been duped into believing President Hassan Rouhani is moderate, MEK member Farzad Madadzadeh said. (Associated Press)more >

By Guy Taylor - The Washington Times - Sunday, October 18, 2015
When the doorbell rang, it was longer and harder than normal, like someone was ramming an angry finger on the button. Then the window suddenly was smashed and the police were inside the house.

It was eight years ago in Tehran, butParisa Kohandel, who was just nine at the time, remembers the authorities coming to take her father as if it happened yesterday.

“I was crying, and I hugged him, and they were just searching the home,” she says. “I hugged him so they wouldn’t take him.

“Then, they put a gun on my head and separated him from me.”

The case of father Seleh Kohandel, a member of the Mujahidin-e-Khalq — a controversial Iranian opposition group — resembles that of dozens of other political prisoners in Iran.

The Islamic republic’s oppressive regime is something the Obama administration chose mainly to ignore as it pursued this year’s historic nuclear accord with Tehran, which formally took effect Sunday, even as some high-profile human rights cases prompted outrage in Washington and beyond.

Continue reading at:

Iran dissidents say U.S. policies are appeasing Islamist rulers - Washington Times?

Forum List

Back