Investing icon Ray Dalio has advice for politicians and partisans

Mac1958

Diamond Member
Dec 8, 2011
Opposing Authoritarian Ideological Fundamentalism.
It's too bad this kind of thinking is no longer allowed by the tribes. It sure works in business.

Two people who collaborate well will be about three times as effective as each of them operating independently, because each will see what the other might miss—plus they can leverage each other’s strengths while holding each other accountable to higher standards.
Wfo5qai.jpg

Collaboration works so well.....until shit hits the fan and then if is everybody for themselves.

Where common goals do not exist what is there to work together on?

Where common goals do not exist what is there to work together on?
I think most of us have common goals for the most part. The problem is that (a) we're so quick to distort those of the other tribe, and (b) as things get worse we're less like to listen to and really understand other points of view.

Another issue is that so many now confuse collaboration with capitulation. It's not a zero sum game. If we collaborate on several issues, you'll get things more your way on some, and I will on others. And most valuable is the fact that REAL collaboration creates INNOVATION, something all NEW, on many others.

Some people have the skill set and temperament required for collaboration, and some don't.

Anyone who is calling me a racist, is out to destroy me. If I am stupid enough to work with that person, I am empowering my enemy.

Anyone who is calling me a racist, is out to destroy me. If I am stupid enough to work with that person, I am empowering my enemy.

And that is how the warring Greek city-states fought off the most powerful empire the world had ever seen.

And that is how the warring Greek city-states fought off the most powerful empire the world had ever seen.

Correct. They did not go around calling each other racist, and were able to work together against an outside threat.

Something we cannot do today in America.

Perhaps YOU should look at your own behaviours and attitudes before accusing others of trying to destroy you.

Anyone who is so paranoid as to think others are trying to destroy him, is the type of person who destroys others. Just the idea that you would strike first at the notion of criticism shows that criticism is valid. That you’re using it as an excuse to destroy others first.

Perhaps YOU should look at your own behaviours and attitudes before accusing others of trying to destroy you.

Anyone who is so paranoid as to think others are trying to destroy him, is the type of person who destroys others. Just the idea that you would strike first at the notion of criticism shows that criticism is valid. That you’re using it as an excuse to destroy others first.

^^ Working hard to destroy the entire Western civilization while telling people they are paranoid.

Bullshit. People lose jobs, people lose elections, people get beat up, people get shunned, when the accusation that they are racist gets made and believed.

It is completely reasonable to fear that someone spreading vicious slander about you, is out to destroy you.

YOur denial of this obvious fact, is not reasonable,nor even credible.

Why are you here, denying something that is obviously true?

As I said, some people have the skill set and temperament required for collaboration, and some don't.
Usually enemies don't work together, and if they do, it's a temporary truce.
The term "enemy" is in one's own mind. When people who disagree are able to collaborate to create something new, they're no longer enemies. The term is an excuse only.

As I said, some people have the skill set and temperament required for collaboration, and some don't.
The term "enemy" is in one's own mind. When people who disagree are able to collaborate to create something new, they're no longer enemies. The term is an excuse only.

Someone who wants you and your way of life dead - that's an actual enemy.

Good news: You're not required to participate.

Good news: You're not required to participate.

The people in question, have smeared huge portions of the nation, as racist. Indeed, the nation as a whole.

Between those falsely accused, and the vile assholes making or believing the accusations,

you're losing most of the country.

To be clear, Mac, My point is not to just troll your premise.

My point is to point out the scale of the problem, and my belief that we need to fight against the dividers before we can work together.

Forum List

Back