intersting buisness and politics related to nfl & possible lockout of the league

It's so fucking pathetic. THey have so long to work something out, yet they do nothing and claim there will be a lockout. NFL makes so much money, they seriously can't work out something?

I think considering the lifespan of an NFL player and how short their careers can be, there should be more to help them out with health issues. NFL is the best because if you don't perform, you lose your job, unlike other sports where people suck up payroll while doing shit. The salary cap means any team has a shot at winning, making it the best sport out there. It's going to kill me if they don't have a season, these days I live for football!

What the most certainly need is a rookie salary cap. giving someone $30 million guaranteed to sit on the bench or someone who may never take a snap is a joke. It's a franchise killer if their top pick never pans out and suck salary cap space. Many teams don't even want high first round picks because of that.

Many of the players who have financial issues later in life is out of their own stupidity.they should of planned and not spent so much, they all make really good salaries, even the league minimum guys. Those making over a million, they can very well save and plan ahead for their future instead of pissing it away. THe NFL has programs to stress this and help them out.

Both players and owners and the NFL are making tons of money, plenty to go around. So sick of the greed, or people complaining that million dollar a year salaries is not enough for players, or billionaire owners not making enough money. It's nonsense

The union can bitch and complain all they want but the owners pretty much have them by the balls.

Unlike baseball and the players union has the owners by the balls, which leads to the absurd shit we have now, with 300 million dolalr salaries vs 40 million dollar salaries, with small markets having no chance to complete with big markets. Baseball needs a salary cap

The union can bitch and complain all they want but the owners pretty much have them by the balls.

Unlike baseball and the players union has the owners by the balls, which leads to the absurd shit we have now, with 300 million dolalr salaries vs 40 million dollar salaries, with small markets having no chance to complete with big markets. Baseball needs a salary cap

Baseball has something in place, but I'm not sure they call it a cap. But whatever it is it's useless as the richer big market teams like the Yanks repeatedly exceed it and gladly pay the fine for doing so. In hockey and football teams can't exceed the cap at all.

I'd put my dollar on there not being a lockout. If a new labor agreement isn't in hand by the end of the season then I expect Congress to step up and threaten to take away the league's special exemption from anti-trust laws.

Forum List

Back