Interesting about the KJV of the christian bible

guno

Gold Member
Mar 18, 2014
NYC and NC
This is no surprise , well maybe to the ignorant

bible.jpg

man oh man.

how about you hate on Islam for a change. you know spread it around? we'll wait.

Well there's Bibles proper, individual texts, codexes, etc. So oldest depends on what you're defining. Oldest Bible as in Genesis to Revelations may be the Sinai Bible. Oldest version fo those books and gospels may be something else altogetehr though.

Given that there are so many versions of the inherent and ineffable and unchangeable Word of God, and given that they can't all be correct, what makes one version the right version?

Given that there are so many versions of the inherent and ineffable and unchangeable Word of God, and given that they can't all be correct, what makes one version the right version?
Don't let Jere see this. She will go on and on and on and on, then tell you are going to hell, and on and on and on. And on.

Most Christian dogma is based not on the bible but on much later ideas that were invented to consolidate church control. It's why the early church forbade reading the bible except by clergy and prevented it's translation into common language.

Don't let Jere see this. She will go on and on and on and on, then tell you are going to hell, and on and on and on. And on.
Jeremiah

:dunno:

Jeremiah

Don't tell her about the RC Jesuit secret plan to call a tornado on her church, then offer them succor in their disguised to look like a pentecostal church, where she will be made into a pentecostal nun.

I'm confused... do you mean exclusive of it being written in archaic greek vs "modern" (for the 17th century) text?

The Vulgate has lots of differences, but mostly this is translation errors due to words being in greek for which there are no words in latin. And names got butchered going from Aramic, to Greek, to Latin to English

There are differences due to language between English, Aramic, and Greek. The first word of the old testament makes translators tear their hair. It is a verb form that doesn't exist in english that makes translation impossible.

There are also lots of corrections and interpolations. There are books omitted by later scholars. It is a interesting codex. But getting this wound up about a heavily corrected text is disingenuous.

I have many versions. It's kind of neat where I live because just north of me is where most pioneers came in from the east. Truly a crossroads in their journeys west. The Bibles are lovely with family histories inscribed in them,

Sadly for whatever reason someone in the family of a newly departed has donated the bible to the MCC. But to my joy I snag them. There really are a lot of versions out there. But the message is the same.

The secret
Jeremiah

Don't tell her about the RC Jesuit secret plan to call a tornado on her church, then offer them succor in their disguised to look like a pentecostal church, where she will be made into a pentecostal nun.
The secret Jesuits have put together an identifit on their hoped for success for Jeremiah.

nun.jpg

The secret
Jeremiah

The secret Jesuits have put together an identifit on their hoped for success for Jeremiah.

nun.jpg
I think they will fail and she will turn the tables on them.

View attachment 51517
I don't think people are buying it anymore. Maybe kids in the bible belt utah or in the Muslim world but where people are truly free to think that stuff makes no sense at all.
Nah, young people go to church. I see them all the time as I travel. The atheists have maxed out, and the spirituals are growing in number among the millennials.

View attachment 51517
I don't think people are buying it anymore. Maybe kids in the bible belt utah or in the Muslim world but where people are truly free to think that stuff makes no sense at all.
Nah, young people go to church. I see them all the time as I travel. The atheists have maxed out, and the spirituals are growing in number among the millennials.
I talk to more and more young people who are agnostic at best.

Churches aren't being built, they are consolidating. Downsizing or right sizing.

It will always be an industry. I don't want it to go away. It produces so many jobs. Think of all the nuns preasts ministers reverands or imams would be out of work.

I believe what we are finding today is that people are on spiritual journeys. We really have to be careful here to separate religion from faith. Faith in something higher. And not even if we need to. I know I don't need to.

But when I see the first hummingbird of the season and I know the journey this teeny tiny beastie has been on to feed on my first delphiniums I believe something higher surely had to be at work out there years ago. Because at the same time I am witnessing the hummingbird and I saddle up to walk my dog up the hill I'm witnessing a migration of vultures.

But these ancient texts from the Old Testament and the New Testament are fabulous. You have to open up your spirit to understand them. To understand for example and embrace the tale of Noah. To understand that Jehovah was so sorry for his anger he created the rainbow. The Lord was so sad. Contrite.

Whether one wants to believe them or not is up to one's own spirit. But what on earth could be wrong with exploring one's spirituality?

I don't see much value to threads started with memes. Do you have an actual source?

Forum List

Back