Insurer to cut prices under ObamaCare

guno

Gold Member
Mar 18, 2014
NYC and NC
The teacrackers heads will explode

"A health insurance company in Washington state is proposing to lower its 2015 premiums in what appears to be the first instance of a price cut ahead of ObamaCare's second enrollment period.
The proposal by Molina Healthcare, first reported by The Wall Street Journal, would mean a 6.8 percent price cut on average for people with individual coverage.
The company said it set prices conservatively for 2014 and experienced a stronger wave of enrollments from healthy people than projected, allowing it to decrease premiums."

Insurer to cut prices under ObamaCare | TheHill

The cuts won't come before the 2014 elections, so it will not help the democrats in time. They will lose seats.

• Banned
The cuts won't come before the 2014 elections, so it will not help the democrats in time. They will lose seats.

I think I heard that same whine in 2012 :eusa_whistle:

The fact is The ACA is working an insurers will be LOWERING premiums

The teacrackers heads will explode

"A health insurance company in Washington state is proposing to lower its 2015 premiums in what appears to be the first instance of a price cut ahead of ObamaCare's second enrollment period.
The proposal by Molina Healthcare, first reported by The Wall Street Journal, would mean a 6.8 percent price cut on average for people with individual coverage.
The company said it set prices conservatively for 2014 and experienced a stronger wave of enrollments from healthy people than projected, allowing it to decrease premiums."

Insurer to cut prices under ObamaCare | TheHill

Will anyone accept Molina Healthcare? That's the bigger question.

The obscure ones are accepted by very few doctors and hospitals.

I think I heard that same whine in 2012 :eusa_whistle:

The fact is The ACA is working an insurers will be LOWERING premiums

Insurance premiums, without subsidies, went way up due to Obamacare.

I wonder how much in subsidies they were promised to do this...

And then there's this:

This wasn't supposed to happen.

Before anyone gets into a lather about this first read the link.

Associated Press
WASHINGTON (AP) — The Obama administration has given the go-ahead for insurers and employers to use a new cost-control strategy that puts a hard dollar limit on what health plans pay for some expensive procedures, such as knee and hip replacements.

The new strategy works like this:
Your health insurance plan slaps a hard limit on what it will pay for certain procedures, for example, hospital charges associated with knee and hip replacement operations. That's called the reference price.

Say the limit is $30,000. The plan offers you a choice of hospitals within its provider network. If you pick one that charges $40,000, you would owe $10,000 to the hospital plus your regular cost-sharing for the $30,000 that your plan covers.

The extra $10,000 is treated like an out-of-network expense, and it doesn't count toward your plan's annual limit on out-of-pocket costs.

That's crucial because under the health care law, most plans have to pick up the entire cost of care after a patient hits the annual out-of-pocket limit, currently $6,350 for single coverage and $12,700 for a family plan. Before the May 2 administration ruling, it was unclear whether reference pricing violated this key financial protection for consumers.

"The problem ... from the patient's perspective is that at the end of the day, that is who gets left holding the bag," said Karen Pollitz of the nonpartisan Kaiser Family Foundation. Previously she was a top consumer protection regulator in the Obama administration.

Forum List

Back